PDA

View Full Version : Rico's rambling stories

Paraic
07/04/2008, 1:11 PM
Is it just me, or has Rico too much time on his hands....

this is an extract from last Friday's EL preview..

"I slowed my journey into that horizon of uncertainty into a leisurely stroll so I could prolong and observe as much as I could under the rather melancholic circumstances, and at the same time programmed my mind to correlate all the information that I had accumulated but had, for too many years, taken for granted."

Full text (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/damienrichardson/)

GavinZac
07/04/2008, 1:20 PM
Is it just me, or has Rico too much time on his hands....

this is an extract from last Friday's EL preview..

"I slowed my journey into that horizon of uncertainty into a leisurely stroll so I could prolong and observe as much as I could under the rather melancholic circumstances, and at the same time programmed my mind to correlate all the information that I had accumulated but had, for too many years, taken for granted."

Full text (http://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/mns/features/damienrichardson/)

Thats how he's always written. You should see some of his program notes.

I'm convinced that his unpopularity amongst the illiterati was partially his downfall.

CJTheGull
07/04/2008, 2:49 PM
Yes he considers himself to be somewhat of a learned buddhist monk meditating on a eagle's feather, high up on a mountain's peak while contemplating Cork City's plight in this world of 0-0 and 1-1 draws as the spirit worlds envelopes us in it's warm glow of existence etc etc
But in fairness to him I like hime and he's a decent bloke and he's good for the league so keep up with the insights jedi master! :)

pól-dcfc
07/04/2008, 2:50 PM
Yes he considers himself to be somewhat of a learned buddhist monk meditating on a eagle's feather, high up on a mountain's peak while contemplating Cork City's plight in this world of 0-0 and 1-1 draws as the spirit worlds envelopes us in it's warm glow of existence etc etc
But in fairness to him I like hime and he's a decent bloke and he's good for the league so keep up with the insights jedi master! :)

I actually haven't been able to bring myself to finish one of his MNS columns. It's the literary equivalent of watching paint dry.

Paraic
07/04/2008, 3:05 PM

knew that, but hadn't seen him translating it into the written word before..classic stuff all the same.. he should auction off his old City programme notes to the highest bidder :)

superfrank
07/04/2008, 3:15 PM
I'm convinced that his unpopularity amongst the illiterati was partially his downfall.
So if they were more intellectual they would have liked him more??? :confused:

He should be a writer with prose like that but when we're talking football, the language is simple.

GavinZac
07/04/2008, 3:20 PM
So if they were more intellectual they would have liked him more??? :confused: Indubidbly!

He should be a writer with prose like that but when we're talking football, the language is simple.Ridden rock solid.

superfrank
07/04/2008, 3:25 PM
Ridden rock solid.
Probably his greatest contribution to the eircom league and it very much proves my point.

A face
07/04/2008, 3:26 PM
He should be a writer with prose like that but when we're talking football, the language is simple.

Whatever do you mean? :p

Risteard
07/04/2008, 11:19 PM
He should be a writer with prose like that but when . . . . . . . . . . .
He is.

Let's all do the pedantic dance.

LeixlipRed
08/04/2008, 8:40 AM
So if they were more intellectual they would have liked him more??? :confused:

You obviously missed the article (or was it on MNS) were he stated that he keeps things extremely simple in tactical and team talk like situations. Rico is no idiot. Plus, Georgie don't get no big words ;)