PDA

View Full Version : Derry away 11-4-08

Pages : [1] 2

forza rovers
06/04/2008, 7:24 PM
what are yer thoughts on this one?id say it will be a tough one and a win would be excellent but a draw would be good.

sligored
06/04/2008, 7:26 PM
hopeful more than expectant

sligoman
06/04/2008, 7:34 PM
I'd be happy keeping the goals conceded side of things low. Being realistic, we won't get anything from this game.

avvenalaf
06/04/2008, 10:03 PM
Since when did being realistic have anything to do with supporting Rovers?. Two nil to the bit o' red.

feo123
06/04/2008, 10:05 PM
again no reason why we couldn't get a result. just our record is truly woeful up there. don't know how it'll go.

red metal
06/04/2008, 10:08 PM
I cant see us getting anything up in the brandywell.But i would settle for a draw now.I would say cooke will go 4-5-1 up tere.

feo123
06/04/2008, 10:12 PM
I cant see us getting anything up in the brandywell.But i would settle for a draw now.I would say cooke will go 4-5-1 up tere.

we went with that last year didnt we? worked in the first half but once they got the second the heads went down

red metal
06/04/2008, 10:27 PM
we went with that last year didnt we? worked in the first half but once they got the second the heads went down

ya i think it was 4-5-1 last year.Its a big pitch the Brandywell so we would need to be well set out and in tere face,s.Dont let them get tere passing game going.Derry are probably the best footballing side in the league.A draw would be a great result because tere wont be to many getting points in the brandywell this year.Now that mr Kenny is back.

red_away
07/04/2008, 11:46 AM
We should be positive!!! although a hard place to get points for the bitored, we used to have a good record when DC came into the league and they have moved up a few gears but there is no reason there cant be an upset.

So i think we will win 5-1 no probs

avvenalaf
07/04/2008, 11:53 AM
Good man, Red Away, that's more realistic.

Redzer
07/04/2008, 12:19 PM
We also played McCormack, and he was dreadful. We should be a stronger this time round. Kenny has watched us twice already this season. Has any of our staff gone to watch Derry?
Now that we have a win under our belts, confidence will be a better.
A shock 1-0 win for us.

Rovers1
07/04/2008, 3:01 PM
when was the last time Rovers beat Derry in Brandywell?

clubman
07/04/2008, 5:11 PM
when was the last time Rovers beat Derry in Brandywell?

Don't know but Padraig Moran got a hat-trick

showgies
07/04/2008, 5:50 PM
Don't know but Padraig Moran got a hat-trick

1999/2000 season........the season us and Drogheda were relegated :(

roversman
07/04/2008, 7:42 PM
i remember ray rooney getting a late winner for us up there late 90s i think

avvenalaf
07/04/2008, 8:29 PM
I was there the night we beat them one nil in the Blaxnit Cup. It was the Tuesday after we lost the third game in the cup final in 1970. Tom Lally took them on on his own.

celticV3
07/04/2008, 8:54 PM
Impressive win for derry against St.Pats. they looked great defensivly and good going forward aswell. it's going to be hard for rovers and a any result at all would really shock me especially with our brandwell record

clubman
07/04/2008, 9:56 PM
Derry are flying. Stephen Kenny is a great manager and he has the full backing of his players. It's going to be a huge test for the lads. Paddy McCourt is the main man. If he's on song then it's going to be another long night for the Bit O Red. Hopefully we have a full side out. I'm sure our established players like Brushie, Peers, O' Grady, Faz and McKenzie have filled the new ones on what they can expect. The Derry supporters are loud and relentless. It's definitely a case of going into the lions den. But at the end of the day it's eleven against eleven. We have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. The first half hour will be crucial. We certainly don't want to gave away a soft goal like the one against Cobh at any stage of the game especially in the early stages. Brushie I'll expect will be busy let's hope he's up for it. I'm not expecting us to take anything from this one, the fear factor and all that but it's down to the preparation and there's no better motivator than Carrie when it comes to the big occasion. Fingers crossed and lets get this one out of the way.

red_away
08/04/2008, 11:34 AM
i personally dont think its a lions den - their supporters who make noise are usually only in one section of the main stand(albeit a large section). As for McCourt, a gifted footballer but is invisible in half the matches that i have seen him play, if he was more consistent he would be in the UK, he, himself is the only thing stopping him being great! So i think he should be investigated early in the game, if you know what i mean, to see if he up for it?

Farren is a danger and on form and they are playing well but there should NEVER be a fear factor or you may as well not turn up!

DocRovers
08/04/2008, 12:39 PM
It will be tough up there, especially as we cannot keep the ball (we could'nt do it against Cobh at home) - our central midfield parnership will struggle - again. That said, I think we have two great full backs - Chris was excellent against Pats on Bobby Ryan (they took him off) & Seamie is Seamie - so it will be interesting to see how Mr McCourt gets on! Prediction a sneaky draw 1-1, any takers for that ????

deecay
08/04/2008, 3:51 PM
Greg Strong could have done a job along side Peersy for this:rolleyes:

OneRedArmy
08/04/2008, 4:02 PM
if he was more consistent he would be in the UKSome people would argue that he is ;):D

red_away
09/04/2008, 12:22 PM
Ooooooohhhhhh......lets stick to the point - yours is a totally different ball game!

clubman
09/04/2008, 3:51 PM
What's the chances of a colour clash on Friday night and we end up playing in Derry's away strip. Who's the referee anyone know?

feo123
09/04/2008, 3:57 PM
What's the chances of a colour clash on Friday night and we end up playing in Derry's away strip. Who's the referee anyone know?

that's what i thought. our away strip will clash with there home one, alot more than it did V pats

Red4Eva
09/04/2008, 4:11 PM
as long as we bring our home&away derry will have to wear their away kit

clubman
09/04/2008, 6:56 PM
that's what i thought. our away strip will clash with there home one, alot more than it did V pats

Realistically there's no chance of a clash - or is there??
We have a plain white strip and they, well they are the candy stripes.
Clash of strips - not unless your colour blind - now does anyone know the name of the ref?

avvenalaf
09/04/2008, 9:16 PM
No, but his guide dog's name is Fido. Hope this helps.

clubman
09/04/2008, 9:58 PM
No, but his guide dog's name is Fido. Hope this helps.

Wof Wof Wof

Stiof
10/04/2008, 1:04 PM
Don't forget your tricolour lads! ;) :p

Should be a good game, can see us winning comfortably though...

red metal
10/04/2008, 5:11 PM

No chance Rovers have a 3rd strip its all Green!

Rovers1
10/04/2008, 5:31 PM
both teams have white on sleeves.....might as well postpone the bus till 5.30! :P

red metal
10/04/2008, 5:38 PM
All jokinig a side rovers will be playing in green tomorrow night.Fai made rovers get a 3rd strip!

Red Army
10/04/2008, 5:44 PM
All jokinig a side rovers will be playing in green tomorrow night.Fai made rovers get a 3rd strip!

Green, white and orange take it down from the mast Derry traitors :D

akearins
11/04/2008, 8:41 AM
Might need to be careful with the green strip.We may be asked to remove it in case of offence to some fans .........

As with trocolor , do derry have any official stance on this i.e. have they contacted FAI or LOI clubs stating they do not allow the flag under which they play their league football to be flown at their ground.

scoops85
11/04/2008, 11:58 AM
is there many of you guys coming up 2night?

sligored
11/04/2008, 12:20 PM
not me scoop. i hate where they stick the away fans in the ground. it is not worth travelling to watch a match from a terrible vantage point in the corner.

also i have suffered too much on our last few trips across the border.

Rory H
11/04/2008, 12:28 PM
about 120 i would guess

Been pretty realistic all week about this thinking we will get beaten, but today I have a very good feeling about it!No point going if we don't fill ourselves with blind faith:D

Almeida first scorer 40/1 :D

red arrow
11/04/2008, 2:07 PM
i hereby call on all those great rovers players who have passed on into the next life to aid our young team who play derry city in the brandywell tonight friday 11th april at 7.45 and assist us in a great victory over stephen kenny' s side. thank you

clubman
11/04/2008, 2:37 PM
i hereby call on all those great rovers players who have passed on into the next life to aid our young team who play derry city in the brandywell tonight friday 11th april at 7.45 and assist us in a great victory over stephen kenny' s side. thank you

What will be will be ...................... Amen!

clubman
11/04/2008, 2:42 PM
Don't forget your tricolour lads! ;) :p

What if say three of our lads were to dress up for the occasion, one dressed in GREEN, one in WHITE and the other in ORANGE and they were to sit side by side in the correct order the question is would they be asked to leave the ground?

Shedzer
11/04/2008, 6:16 PM
What if say three of our lads were to dress up for the occasion, one dressed in GREEN, one in WHITE and the other in ORANGE and they were to sit side by side in the correct order the question is would they be asked to leave the ground?

Who would pull the short straw and end up in an all Orange
outfit in the Brandywell.....:p

90minutes
11/04/2008, 10:14 PM
great result

red metal
11/04/2008, 11:33 PM
Great result tonight.I have to be honest i didnt give the lads a chance.Tere wont be to many teams going to the brandywell getting points this season.I thought O grady was the man of the match.Derry had loads of ball but didnt create alot.I think Brush had 1 save to make that was in the first half.And if boco had to go down in the first half it would have been a penalty.Great result but on saying that we need a front man that can hold up the ball and bring the midfield into the play more.

Why was raf not in the squad tonight

gustavo
11/04/2008, 11:45 PM
Why was raf not in the squad tonight

Was wondering that too , the 2 wide men werent great tonight at all, thought Almeida done well again , Great result , we do miss Faz and Judge up front together though

feo123
11/04/2008, 11:47 PM
raff was injured.....
great performance from all the players tonight, i thought they done the club proud, they were running after the ball for long periods and never got lazy or lost concentration. very profesional performance and i can only be proud of them

Red&White Rover
12/04/2008, 12:05 AM
Ecstatic with that result given our record in The Brandywell!

Red4Eva
12/04/2008, 12:32 AM
doubt i'll ever be happier with a scoreless draw. players work their b***s off and did the jersey proud. good organised defensive performance. limited derry to 1 or 2 chances, not many teams will go to the brandywell and do that this season. o'grady and almeida were brilliant but it's unfair to single out players cos everyone played well

deecay
12/04/2008, 12:47 AM
Great vocal preformance tonight,the lads seemed to have appreciated it

Candystripe
12/04/2008, 5:05 AM
So what did you's think of your Brandywell experience.

Looked like you's had a few 1st timers there.