PDA

View Full Version : Cork Citys passing game

A face
06/04/2008, 5:13 PM
What do City fans think of Citys passing game so far this season? Are the whole team off the pace a bit, passes seem to be about 5 seconds too late and people are getting caught in possession and have to battle to get another pass away. It could be that the options just aren't there as others are slow to look for it when someone is on the ball.

We definitely dont seem to be zinging it around like we used to do anyway. Just seems like we are not making time and space and the game gets hampered having to try and retrieve it or having to scramble to keep possession.

What do people think?

Risteard
06/04/2008, 9:40 PM
Couldn't agree more.
Nothing to add really.
The first touch seems to have deserted our better players.
I suppose they're in the middle of a dramatic change in playing style.
Should improve dramatically in the coming games.

CCFC2008
06/04/2008, 10:06 PM
I think the problem is when the Gamble and Healy are on the ball everybody seems to be coming towards them for the ball where maybe one striker should come to recieve the ball and the other play off the last man. If the wingers stay as wide as possible it will create more room to pass. Hoggy and Murphy seem to be creating chances when they get forward so maybe they could be utilised more often.

pete
06/04/2008, 10:30 PM
Not seen enough games to comment but for passing to be effective needs to have some pace behind it. I remember in the 2005 title season that we started games with high tempo & usually had won the games in the first 20 minutes which we are not doing now. I also think we lack pace especially in midfield where we have had Doyle & O'Donovan but now no one to replace them.