PDA

View Full Version : Foot.ie

James
27/08/2001, 12:12 AM
like the design Adam, nice one
those mail add'ies on the way soon ?

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 12:22 AM
Sorry for moving it James, but I reckoned it was ruining the line of my lovely neat Announcements forum. (I'm thinking of dropping it altogether and using the built-in system instead actually.)

like the design Adam, nice one

Thanks James, but Gaz should take all the credit. I'm just the hacker and sysadmin, me. Although I did do the nasty stuff on phootball.com. You can tell, all my stuff is in black-and-white. :)

those mail add'ies on the way soon ?

We'll need a sponsor for that James. The application I want to use costs about five hundred quid; I'd need to get some nice hardware to put it on; and the bandwidth would skyrocket. So if anyone reading this fancies sponsoring us, now's yer chance.

adam

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 12:42 AM
BTW, I know Gaz missed a few images here and there - I've already spotted the ones in the private messaging system - so if anyone spots anything out of place, please let me know and we'll get onto it.

Gaz was particularly proud of the "Closed Forum" image BTW, a pity hardly anyone'll notice it (it's at the bottom of the forums homepage).

adam

joe
27/08/2001, 12:44 AM
I noticed it, as well as your little Superman thingy :confused:

James
27/08/2001, 12:46 AM
yea still testdriving it at the mo
no doubt there will be other mistakes;)

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 1:15 AM
Originally posted by joe
I noticed it, as well as your little Superman thingy :confused:

Where Joe? I added ~2500 avatars to the site and the database last night, and tested it, but I turned it off again so it shouldn't be displayed anywhere. Jeez man, I don't want no horrible superman avatar sitting next to my posts!

I'm going to enable it by the way, I just need to make some changes to the system first. I want to make it so it's easy to choose one - at the moment you just have to browse through them and hope for the best; and I want to set it up so Admins and Moderators can upload or link their own. (I'm going to use the Vetinari image from phootball.com. :)

There's no rush though, I have more important things in mind.

adam

joe
27/08/2001, 1:18 AM
right, it was in your profile next to 'Administrator' in the 'Status' part, but it's gone now.

pete
27/08/2001, 10:48 AM
Dunno if its just me but seems a bit hard to see the active threads i.e. the yellow as opposed to white ball doesn't stand out much....

My 2 pence worth anyway....

Schumi
27/08/2001, 10:50 AM
I thought so too.

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 10:52 AM
Thanks lads, I agree with you. I'd already sent an email to Gaz this morning asking him to fix it, so you should see it a wee bit brighter by tomorrow.

adam

pete
27/08/2001, 2:23 PM
Was just wondering forum creator person how you managed to snag the FOOT.ie domain? Thought they were strick enough about irish domain? Did you have to promise it would be a site deticated to feet or foot fetishes or something?

:confused:

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 2:35 PM
Originally posted by rebel
Was just wondering forum creator person how you managed to snag the FOOT.ie domain? Thought they were strick enough about irish domain? Did you have to promise it would be a site deticated to feet or foot fetishes or something?

:confused:

Because foot.ie is now officially an Unincorporated Association. Yes folks, we're non-profit! :)

Alternative answer: Because I'm good.

adam

Gaz
27/08/2001, 2:55 PM
for the comments on the design. Sorry about missing some of de icons too, although it was easy enough to do - there's tons of the likkle feckers!

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 3:30 PM
PS. Y'all might want to clear your cache and hit reload a few times, I added some new icons this morning.

adam

Xlex
27/08/2001, 4:50 PM
Well done Lads on a great site.

Veti explain clearing the cache cos I aint no IT head......

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 5:16 PM
It doesn't really matter, as the stuff in your cache will expire eventually, but if you let me know what browser you're using I'll explain.

James
27/08/2001, 5:20 PM
browser. whats a browser?
is that something to help u read the newspaper?
;)

Xlex
27/08/2001, 5:23 PM
Explorer 5.5... I'm an up to date kinda man

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 6:24 PM
[Could be worse James, I could have called it a client, which is what it should be called...]

Xlex, click on Tools in your main menu above, then Internet Options. You'll see three panels on the first screen, the second panel being Temporary Internet Files. Click on Delete Files. (You can optionally delete all offline content by checking the box marked, well, "Delete all offline content".) Close your browser. Open it again. Do it again because Internet Explorer is a Microsoft product. Now your cache should be cleared. Possibly.

adam

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 6:25 PM
Everyone happy with the new "new posts" icon (the yellow football)? Clearer, yes?

adam

James
27/08/2001, 6:34 PM
I could have called it a client, which is what it should be called

yea didnt want to show u up by pointing that out Adam;)

Do it again because Internet Explorer is a Microsoft product
nice one :D

pete
27/08/2001, 6:50 PM
Good one with the 'brighter yellow'

Suggestion (just thought of this one):
Hows about different club colours combos for the different threads? Not sure why would want & could get out of hand but thought i'd throw another 2p in... ;)

dahamsta
27/08/2001, 7:38 PM
Hows about different club colours combos for the different threads? Not sure why would want & could get out of hand but thought i'd throw another 2p in... ;) [/B]

It's possible, because the system has a pretty good templating system, but I'm not going to do it right because I'm a picky sod and I have to have things done right. I'll add it to the list (note to self: make a list) and I might even get Gaz working on a City one next month to try it out.

Clever idea rebel, well done and thanks.

adam

pete
28/08/2001, 10:37 AM
And who said you can spend too much time on the web @ work..... ;)