PDA

View Full Version : Prerequisites for next United Manager

A face
05/04/2008, 10:11 PM
Right so, what the the prerequisites for the next Galway United manager?

Coaching Badges
Managerial Experience
Ability (team management, tactical know-how, etc.)
Track Record (accomplishments)
History (preferably a good one, not relegations etc.)

Anything else? Who fans mind if he was not from Galway or from Ireland?
Would you mind if he brought in lots of players who were not Irish?

snookerloopy
05/04/2008, 10:14 PM
or just billy cleary!!

A face
05/04/2008, 10:15 PM
or just billy cleary!!

Who? Is he someone who can win the league 2 out of five season for Galway?

Con-Con
05/04/2008, 10:25 PM
We need someone with a proven record. Someone who will keep us from relegation, that's all.

geezer
05/04/2008, 10:30 PM
a grudge against at least 2 of our competitors
and an ability to create a badly needed "us against them" mentality
a red pants that can be burned on the way to shligo
a bundle of dosh from Nick Leeson
oh and a shredder

A face
05/04/2008, 10:36 PM
Someone who will keep us from relegation, that's all.

Are you serious? That's all you want? I'm not talking about what has happened in the past, i'm on about what will happen in the next five years. Maybe not the same manager, but someone who will put in place what has to happen for the next five years?

Stop thinking about now, whats there, who is there, the way things are done now. I'm saying what do you want? still fulltime? A league? top of the table? Europe? What?

Names will be thrown into the hat soon, obviously, but what do people actually want?

Paddyfield
06/04/2008, 12:05 AM
Right so, what the the prerequisites for the next Galway United manager?

Coaching Badges
Managerial Experience
Ability (team management, tactical know-how, etc.)
Track Record (accomplishments)
History (preferably a good one, not relegations etc.)

Anything else? Who fans mind if he was not from Galway or from Ireland?
Would you mind if he brought in lots of players who were not Irish?

Could you rewrite that list and put * Must reside in Galway on top of the list

A face
06/04/2008, 1:04 AM
Could you rewrite that list and put * Must reside in Galway on top of the list

Actually, thats something i wanted to include. Its actually ridiculous the TC wants living in Galway. And definitely, that would have to be a must for any manager that was to go to United. If its a full time job then it should be full time on the job.

Boo_Boy
06/04/2008, 1:30 AM
. Its actually ridiculous the TC wants living in Galway.

Of course he didnt.

TC lived in New York along with Fancy-Fancy,Choo Choo & Officer Dibble..:p

Claret Murph
06/04/2008, 8:27 AM
Of course he didnt.

TC lived in New York along with Fancy-Fancy,Choo Choo & Officer Dibble..:p

I just loved your quote .

Now the only thing that upset me was I remember Top Cat .:D

Paddyfield
06/04/2008, 8:47 AM
*Must acknowledge GUFC fans after game (regardless of FT scoreline)

*Must NOT applaud opposing fans after game.

TC did this at Rovers game. The final nail in his coffin. In fact, the final hundred nails in his coffin

KoemansCC
06/04/2008, 10:00 AM
*Must not sit in the stand for the first half of games chatting to his mates and not communicating with his team or coaching staff as was the case when we lost to Waterford at home last year...

KoemansCC
06/04/2008, 10:07 AM
A face,

I think the only pre-requisite needed is that the next manager must have had previous experience at a decent level, preferably someone who gets the best out of players and makes them play as a team with limited resources. It doesn't matter what creed. religion, sexual preference, hair colour, sex, dress style, etc. they have once they know what their at.

Conor H
06/04/2008, 11:25 AM
##Does not say the side have good character after a 1-1 draw against Cobh.:rolleyes:

Sean Connor is the man for the job.

Claret Murph
06/04/2008, 12:06 PM
It was Rico for me , but it looks like it's not for him . i would love to know who are the 20 people who applied for the job are .
But for a perfect world I would love Billy to do well and get the job , the only thing that stops me is if he did get the job and down the road the fans turned againist him after a season or two and ended up booing him off the pitch that would cut me in two .

Terry
06/04/2008, 12:23 PM
Local names that are cropping up that have applied for the job are Mark Herrick, Ski, Justin & Ollie Neary, Kevin Cassidy and Tony Mannion to name but a few. If we were to go the cheap option and go local, I would probably go with mannion from that lot and see what he could do with some cash behind him rather than scrapping things together like he always had to. Or, go with my heart and see Cass back seeing as he is one of my all time favourite players.

BUT, after saying all that, we know that Leeson and the board want success so we know hes not going to take that route, and go for as big a name as possible in national league terms rather than local football terms.

gordongekko
06/04/2008, 5:08 PM
##Sean Connor is the man for the job.
:):):) class

Demoshield
07/04/2008, 1:49 PM
A face,

I think the only pre-requisite needed is that the next manager must have had previous experience at a decent level, preferably someone who gets the best out of players and makes them play as a team with limited resources. It doesn't matter what creed. religion, sexual preference, hair colour, sex, dress style, etc. they have once they know what their at.

Agreed. Would add
Must live within commuting distance of Galway(1 hour max).
Doesn't give a sh!t what opposing fans think of him.
Doesn't insult our intellengence. When wer'e crap wer'e crap.
The more I think about it, the more I hope it is someone from outside the Eircom League. Otherwise it will be some club hopping dick, that will bring a few of his cronies with him.

Tir Oilean
07/04/2008, 5:40 PM
The more I think about it, the more I hope it is someone from outside the Eircom League. Otherwise it will be some club hopping dick, that will bring a few of his cronies with him.

Here here Demoshield. It would be a very difficult task to pick a manager from a foreign League though Id say.