PDA

View Full Version : Phat Dolan Rant

GuisaSaigon
05/04/2008, 1:03 PM
Anyone see Phat's rant about GUFC in the star yesterday. He awas having a right go at Nick Leeson. He was using Cousin's made up budget figures as if they were facts. Really smacked of sour grapes over him not getting the job last time. It's close to libellous, the star should issue an apology. Dolan should spend more time trying to make his wig look realistic instead of writing this tripe.

Risteard
05/04/2008, 1:07 PM
Don't take anything that man says seriously.
Spin, spin, spin.

sadloserkid
05/04/2008, 1:18 PM
It's close to libellous, the star should issue an apology.

If that's actually the case then sue.

Demoshield
05/04/2008, 1:19 PM
Anyone see Phat's rant about GUFC in the star yesterday. He awas having a right go at Nick Leeson. He was using Cousin's made up budget figures as if they were facts. Really smacked of sour grapes over him not getting the job last time. It's close to libellous, the star should issue an apology. Dolan should spend more time trying to make his wig look realistic instead of writing this tripe.

****ed off because the board didn't fall for his Sh1t last time.

Pat "I can manage a fulltime club living, 100's of km away too" Fenlon also had a swipe at the board for getting rid of his buddy.

Maroon 7
05/04/2008, 4:21 PM

Thought it was a pretty pathetic article myself. Just used it to have a go at Leeson. Real playground stuff.

Paddyfield
05/04/2008, 7:10 PM
Pat sold his soul a long time ago. Every now and again he throws his toys out of his pram and cries for attention.

GUFC didn't call him after Stephen Lally quit and I guess they won't be calling him again now that Cousins has been shafted. I'd hate to give him the opportunity to turn down the job.

The Star claims it is the best paper for Irish football but it is not. The best papers are the Irish Independent and the Sun (and the Irish Times on a Tuesday!).

PS Dermot Keely summed up Galway United as follows:
Galway United is a well run corner shop which is next door to Tesco.

Excellent. :D

Dodge
05/04/2008, 7:12 PM
PS Dermot Keely summed up Galway United as follows:
Galway United is a well run corner shop which is next door to Tesco.

Does that make Sligo Tesco?

Anyway don't think Dolan's weekly daitribe is representative of the Star's top quality LOI coverage

Paddyfield
05/04/2008, 7:19 PM
Does that make Sligo Tesco?

Limerick is closer to Galway than Sligo. :eek:

sadloserkid
05/04/2008, 8:13 PM
The Star claims it is the best paper for Irish football but it is not. The best papers are the Irish Independent and the Sun (and the Irish Times on a Tuesday!).

The Indo doesn't even cover the first division other than to give results when the mood takes it. It's coverage of the league is representative of it's quality as a whole. Which is to say greatly exaggerated and pretty average at best.

geezer
05/04/2008, 9:28 PM
all pale prats, yes dolan too he is living up there too long.

Anyone that witnessed the absolute rubbish that we had to watch the last 2 seasons have remained incredibly quiet. I didnt see any demonstrations on shop street for TC and his merry men 99% Of GUFC fans are glad to see the back of cousins and his ilk. What was truly amazing is that most Utd regulars only had 2 words for the brand of football played, they were hoofball and ****e. We are well used to watching Utd lose it was the manner of losing. Cousins was found out as a spoofer and went home crying foul. Dubs never change, They know everything and spout ****e but the present board at utd are too long in the tooth for prats like that

A face
05/04/2008, 9:51 PM

Anyone that witnessed the absolute rubbish that we had to watch the last 2 seasons have remained incredibly quiet. I didnt see any demonstrations on shop street for TC and his merry men 99% Of GUFC fans are glad to see the back of cousins and his ilk. What was truly amazing is that most Utd regulars only had 2 words for the brand of football played, they were hoofball and ****e. We are well used to watching Utd lose it was the manner of losing. Cousins was found out as a spoofer and went home crying foul. Dubs never change, They know everything and spout ****e but the present board at utd are too long in the tooth for prats like that

You kinda put it all into a nutshell there to be honest.

geezer
05/04/2008, 10:17 PM
coaches and players and journos are like a self styled mujahadin army who think they are "the world authority and experts" on soccer. I am sick to my hole with them at this stage

A face
05/04/2008, 10:40 PM
coaches and players and journos are like a self styled mujahadin army who think they are "the world authority and experts" on soccer. I am sick to my hole with them at this stage

You're not on your own there fella. You know the barstoolers face off thread in the General section. Dubs, jobs for boys, and Irish soccer mentality are some of the more frequent ones thrown at me, and why? because i dont have an answer to it.

Paddyfield
06/04/2008, 12:03 AM

I don't want to start an argument with you Geezer but the best managers in Ireland are from Dublin. Fenlon, Scully, Henderson, Doolin, Richardson, Kenny, Keely, Gill and Matthews. Or maybe I've just prooved your point.

Also, I think Roddy Collins might also be from Dubland but it's hard to tell from his accent. :D

KoemansCC
06/04/2008, 10:10 AM

Well put geezer, I was trying to make that point on another thread but I didn't put it as well as that...

geezer
06/04/2008, 1:03 PM
slated united on the back of the indo today. Again like most others the lazy fart sligo supporter is too tight to make a phone call out of dublin his residence, to any united supporters and didnt fork out money to see the rubbish we had to endure. Who give these guys licences to print one sided ****e.

Tir Oilean
06/04/2008, 2:17 PM
The article is transcribed on the "Cousins Sacked" thread.

Only1Rovers
06/04/2008, 3:18 PM
slated united on the back of the indo today. Again like most others the lazy fart sligo supporter is too tight to make a phone call out of dublin his residence,

There is no need to take your anger out on those who support Rovers, just because Galway Utd season is not going as planned.

He doen't reside in Dublin either, further South;)

gufct
06/04/2008, 10:12 PM
Pat sold his soul a long time ago. Every now and again he throws his toys out of his pram and cries for attention.

GUFC didn't call him after Stephen Lally quit and I guess they won't be calling him again now that Cousins has been shafted. I'd hate to give him the opportunity to turn down the job.
:D

Im afraid Paul that is far from the truth and if you ask Lal he might fill you in on the truth and if he doesnt I certainly will.