PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 or PS3

Pages : 1 [2]

forza rovers
27/08/2008, 8:54 PM
how do you get your xbox 360 online?do you have to by the wireless adepter for it?

Boo_Boy
27/08/2008, 10:03 PM
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?cPath=486_488&products_id=14640

80GB PS3 for €337(inc.P&P), thats a great deal i think, all you need is a converter for the 2 pin plug.

The 40GB one is €399 (http://www.toys.ie/Ps3-40GB-Console-!E08518-prod.aspx) at smyths.

anto1208
27/08/2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?cPath=486_488&products_id=14640

80GB PS3 for €337(inc.P&P), thats a great deal i think, all you need is a converter for the 2 pin plug.

The 40GB one is €399 (http://www.toys.ie/Ps3-40GB-Console-!E08518-prod.aspx) at smyths.

There is a new 160gb one planned for october release think it might be 399 so they will flog off the other ones even cheaper.

Boo_Boy
29/08/2008, 10:28 AM
There is a new 160gb one planned for october release think it might be 399 so they will flog off the other ones even cheaper.

160GB:eek:

I've got over 30 movies & 100's on songs on my 60GB and i still have 15GB's free..who would use a 160GB?!

tetsujin1979
29/08/2008, 12:02 PM
remember HD movies take up far more space than ripped dvds

Boo_Boy
29/08/2008, 12:11 PM
Yeah, my laptop HD found that out:(

Oh, and i read that the 160GB is going to be €449 & the 80GB is €399.

MMVIII
29/08/2008, 8:58 PM
Ive a 360 meself, had it now since it came out, love it! Anyone else think that GTA IV is absolute s***e!! Call Of Duty 4 is by far the best game to come out on both consoles!

Neish
30/08/2008, 3:02 PM
Anyone else think that GTA IV is absolute s***e!!

Wouldn't go as far as calling it shi*e but was dissapointed with it, after all the hype I found it didn't really evolve(except for graphis) from GTA San andreas. In fact I would put both GTA San Andreas and Vice City before it.

Back to main story have the PS3 a few months now and very happy with it playing Metal Gear Solid 4 at present ot when ever I get spare time

anto1208
04/09/2008, 2:27 PM
I feel the same with GTA its like all the rest great at the start the city is massive the dialougue is funny but im at about 30% done ( half way i hear ) and its not that im bored its that when i sit down to play a game i can play GTA which will take a few mins to lood then i have to leave the apartment rob a car drive for 5 mins across the city then do a mission that wil ltake at least 10 mins if i dont get killed so im looking at 15-20 mins to advance tha game at all, if i die that could be 30-40 mins , or i can play cod within 2 mins im in a online battle. and if you can only squeeze in a hour or 2 here and there these days its going to be COD everytime

MGS 4 is quite simply a master piece.

Neish
07/09/2008, 10:53 AM
MGS 4 is quite simply a master piece.

Agree 100%, although havn't played it in while due to one thing of the other on the boss at the end of shadow moses as far as i can remember.

Can anyone recomend another good ps3 game I have a game vochuer and will be in Derry on tuesday thinking of using it to get something

anto1208
11/09/2008, 10:29 AM
Agree 100%, although havn't played it in while due to one thing of the other on the boss at the end of shadow moses as far as i can remember.

Can anyone recomend another good ps3 game I have a game vochuer and will be in Derry on tuesday thinking of using it to get something

Im right stuck in the middle of the end of game battles they are hard, loved the bit where you get into a metal gear rex and kill every thing around you those gecko's that are so hard to kill are now slaughtered by the dozen.

My favs games so far have been

These are platinum so around 30 euro each now
Ghost recon 2 ( very good 3rd person shooter with cover system like MGS but more army based, a little short at 7 hours game play )
Drakes fortune ( good fun for one run through )

Then full price ones

Half life the orange box ( could be the best game ever made you get half life 2 expansion packs online game and a new game portal ) its normally around 50 euro now so its the best value for money graphics are a tiny bit dated but the game itself is so good you wont notice.

Guitar hero / Rock band

COD 4

Games to avoid

Assasins creed
Haze
Time crisis

Neish
11/09/2008, 5:23 PM
Guitar hero / Rock band
COD 4

Got C0D 4 there on tuesday only got chance to play it for about 30 mins so far, but impressed with what I've seen so far.

Them rock band game just seem a bit childish and daft to me, and most of the music on it seem to be american tripe rock like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith etc

anto1208
12/09/2008, 9:47 AM
Got C0D 4 there on tuesday only got chance to play it for about 30 mins so far, but impressed with what I've seen so far.

Them rock band game just seem a bit childish and daft to me, and most of the music on it seem to be american tripe rock like Bon Jovi, Aerosmith etc

cod 4 online is where you ll get your moneys worth ive played it for 5 days now so over 120 hours of game play is value for money and some guys have over 20 days !! thats nearly a month doing nothing but playing COD !!!

Yip guitar hero looks childish i was of the same opinion i looked at 1 & 2 and thought it looked stupid, got a go on GH3 and was hooked they are brilliant. Rock band has a drum kit with it which if you master means you can play a real drum kit as its the same thing. If you have ever wanted to be in a band but dont want to waste time learning an instrument they are great fun and very satisfying when you drum through a full song just like the real drummer would, and in band mode you can get 4 of you together and have a drunken night beating out the tunes.

Sound track is mixed there is bon jovi but there is also Rolling stones pixies guns n roses weezer black sabath oasis etc rock band has over 50 song with the game and over 200 on downloadable content so you ll easily find ones you like.

Rock band 2 and GH world tour are out soon and you ll be able to make your own songs and record them in the ingame studio. Maybe when that comes out the rock band 1 will drop in price.

They arent for every one but ive never ever met any one that has played them and not loved them.

jebus
15/10/2008, 11:09 PM
Sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. Anyway I'm thinking of jumping back into the console market (only playing SNES at the moment), but I was wondering which of these would be the better purchase?

Basically I'm looking to play CoD, PES and, well that's about it to be fair, but I'd be looking to play these online, anyone have any experience of playing these online on both, or even one, consoles?

Also can the PS3 play PS1 games? If not I'll have to pick up a PS1 so I can give Final Fantasy 7 another go

DmanDmythDledge
15/10/2008, 11:18 PM
Here ya go
http://foot.ie/showthread.php?t=87434

I think all you want to do can be done on both so would make sense to get the cheaper option. 360 was a good bit cheaper when I got it a few months ago, don't know if price of PS3 has gone down since.

anto1208
16/10/2008, 9:47 AM
Sure this has been asked before but I can't find it. Anyway I'm thinking of jumping back into the console market (only playing SNES at the moment), but I was wondering which of these would be the better purchase?

Basically I'm looking to play CoD, PES and, well that's about it to be fair, but I'd be looking to play these online, anyone have any experience of playing these online on both, or even one, consoles?

Also can the PS3 play PS1 games? If not I'll have to pick up a PS1 so I can give Final Fantasy 7 another go

thought you where getting one ages ago ? :D

The biggest thing is what do your mates have more of mine have PS3's so i play that more often online.

For Pro Evo i have to be on the Ps3 as i have allways played ps2 so i just cant get used to any other controller ( if your on the snes im sure you prefer the d-pad over the little joystick like me if so the xbox one doesnt work with pro evo properly so you have to use the joystick which is all wrong for pro because its too low that its really weird to hold the shoulder buttons) . i got the ps2 version of pro evo 6 for 99 cent and that does me fine the new ps3 versions are rubbish ( 2009 is nt out yet ).

Pro evo has yet to work properly on either console online.

For Cod4 ive it on the PS3 and love it, but Got COD 5 yesterday for the xbox i prefer the xbox controller for shooters its a little bigger and heavier and has decent trigger button for shooting.

I think final fantasy is getting a new game on PS3, and as far as i know the new ps3's cant play ps1 or ps2 games anymore the older models could but sony got rid of it as no one really used it once you have made the step up going back is awfull.But im sure if you got a wizzkid around you could split the hard drive install Linux then install an emulator to play old snes ps1 games etc. There is a limited number of Ps1 games available to download from the sony store they are a fiver. i would be surprised if FF7 wasnt there.

Online the xbox gives you a free headset so every idiot out there is on and talking , so if you like american kids calling each other peodos, and lots of racist stuff then xbox is the way to go. sony's isnt as bad because cost and no headset means less kids have it and are talking btu the idiots are still there.

A ps3 now will cost you 400 euro for a 160 gb one with a game ( i think )
Entry level xbox is 200 but you need to get a hard drive seperate ( you will spend 300ish on a good model) and it cant play HD DVD or Blue ray. Which you will be surprised if you have it you ll use it and its flipping brilliant!!

Other than that the machines are pretty much the same both get the same games bar a hand full of sony / microsoft developed games. Both have good online set up ( sony is free Xbox cost you a few quid a year ) .
Both allow you to listen to your own music during game play ( if the game supports it not all do but having digitalism as the sound track to wipe out hd is brilliant ).

As time goes on they get even more similar PS copies the xbox's best features and vice versa.

In summary Both good , Ps3 is my fav ( doesnt nessesarily mean its better )

anto1208
16/10/2008, 11:08 AM
ffXIII FOR PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IV3SAD45PmE&feature=related

I cant find if you can down load FF7 but here is a list of games that you can download

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PSOne_Classics

There was a rumour that FF7 was getting a remake for ps3but i think that came from this vid that was made just as a tech demo to show off the ps3

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLafVgmaBzY

Boo_Boy
16/10/2008, 8:10 PM
I hate playing xBox online, you are basically paying to listen to a bunch of 10 year olds make sad mom jokes and act like they are gangster. And of course the epic line: ''This game sucks compared to halo''.

Im not saying PS3 does'nt have them, but there is not as many, and i can listen to a few of the idiots because im not paying to play online..

Magicme
06/11/2008, 8:29 AM
What is the difference between an Xbox 360 Pro and a regular one?

Boo_Boy
06/11/2008, 9:13 AM
The hard drive is bigger in the xBox 360 Pro, i think the regular one is called the xBox 360 Arcade which only has a 256MB memory unit which is tiny.

The xBox Pro is the one that all my friends have and probably what alot of other people get, although i dont have an xBox so i cant be sure if that is the only difference.

Magicme
06/11/2008, 9:17 AM
Deadly. Thanks for that.

anto1208
06/11/2008, 9:40 AM
You have 3 types of xbox
Arcade
Pro
Elite

The arcade is the entry level one its 179.99 but it doesn’t have a hard drive so you cant download games, demos, movies etc Its purely for gaming.

The Pro one is then I think around 240 it includes a 60GB Hard drive

The elite then is 300 and has a 120 GB hard drive is wireless and more reliable but prob. overkill if you are not a big gamer.

I would go for the Pro one or you could get the Arcade one and buy the hard drive separate website are selling refurbished ones for 10 euro and it literally clips into the side of it no opening the console or screwing anything into it.

Check the game stores for 2nd hand ones as they normally have plenty but you will only get a 1 year warranty off the store where as if you buy new you get 3 years and xbox’s are notorious for breaking down ( its called the red rings of death google it you ll see )

Magicme
06/11/2008, 9:42 AM
Thanks Anto but dont need to buy it, won it on Today FM last night and just curious about the difference! If you want to watch blu ray or dvd's do you need an add on??

anto1208
06/11/2008, 10:25 AM
Thanks Anto but dont need to buy it, won it on Today FM last night and just curious about the difference! If you want to watch blu ray or dvd's do you need an add on??

Where you the one with the 14 year old jumping around the house ? :D

Xbox cant play blue ray thats the sony ps3 , xbox went with HD DVD which is kind of the same but has since bitten the dust you can pick up the add on to play the HD DVD fairly cheap now but the movies are limited and wont be gettign any more new releases so i wouldnt bother, there is talk of them making a blue ray add on but this would be a big kick in the stones for them to give sony the money.

It plays DVDS as is you dont need any add ons and xbox has a service where you can "rent" the movies, you download it, it lasts for 24 hours once you start watching it then deleates itsself. Its not great but another option and no late fee's but you do need broad band.

Boo_Boy
06/11/2008, 10:26 AM

I think the xBox can play DvDs, it can't play Blu Ray tho, only the PS3 does that.

Magicme
06/11/2008, 1:30 PM
Where you the one with the 14 year old jumping around the house ? :D

Xbox cant play blue ray thats the sony ps3 , xbox went with HD DVD which is kind of the same but has since bitten the dust you can pick up the add on to play the HD DVD fairly cheap now but the movies are limited and wont be gettign any more new releases so i wouldnt bother, there is talk of them making a blue ray add on but this would be a big kick in the stones for them to give sony the money.

It plays DVDS as is you dont need any add ons and xbox has a service where you can "rent" the movies, you download it, it lasts for 24 hours once you start watching it then deleates itsself. Its not great but another option and no late fee's but you do need broad band.

Yup that was me!! Aw right, good job we have a 60gb PS3 then! Think will swap this for my brothers PS2 and a few quid as he was thinking of buying the xbox and I would only use it for sims and the likes so PS2 will do me. The kids can make do with their PS3!

Thanks for the info!

paul_oshea
08/11/2008, 7:56 PM
isnt this like the never-ending debate, or trying to argue black and white, everyone has a counter argument.