PDA

View Full Version : Bohs Euro game...

RedX
16/07/2003, 5:28 PM
Bohs have lost there 1st round qualifier away leg 1-0 in Belarus.This gives them a good chance to get at least the goal back in Dalymount.I say fair play to them and would love to see them get through to the next round...

NorthoftheLee
16/07/2003, 5:41 PM
it would be excellent if they could progress... all progress made by LOI teams in europe is good for the league.

Eric
16/07/2003, 5:57 PM
Only losing by one isn't too bad. I'd fancy them to turn it around at home next week.

Hopefully they will and keep th eL flag flying in europe for a while longer

thecorner
16/07/2003, 8:47 PM
always thought this was the cork city section:confused:

Peadar
17/07/2003, 9:21 AM
While I agree that it's not a bad result you must remember that Bohs have kept a clean sheet on only two occassions this season. At home to UCD on the opening day and at home to Drogheda a few weeks later. While you'd fancy Bohs to score at home you'd be brave to back them to keep the visitors scoreless. Away goals are vital as we've seen many times over the years.
I'd prefer not to be right about this.

d13bohs
18/07/2003, 6:47 PM
I know our defence has been dodgy so far this season, with Hawkins out as well it won't help but I wasn't too impressed by Bate, we should be able to get a couple of goals against them at home, we got a bit sloppy after their goal but our players totally dominated them in spells, they only really attack on the break. It won't be easy but having seen BATE I think we will win 2-0 or 3-1. It wasn't exactly an intimidating atmosphere over there, our 40-50 outsang the Batty Boys for the whole game despite the storm and torrential rain, Minsk is a great city, beer is roughly 70 cent a pint and the women are beautiful;)

niamh
21/07/2003, 7:42 PM
The game is there for Bohs to get a result. Bohs of last season wouldn't have many problems, but this season they haven't exactly been consistant. I guess it is just a case of which side decides to turn out this week!!