PDA

View Full Version : How many Sporting fingal fans on Foot.ie

Lamper.sffc
05/04/2008, 12:59 PM
Just wondering how many SF fans we have on Foot.ie.

Roll call people.

How do you think we have done so far and any other points you may have.

ps. ( what ever happened to santry goonshow)

boovidge
05/04/2008, 7:06 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the results and i'll definately be at the games when I'm over in the summer

TheFingallian
05/04/2008, 8:31 PM
:ball:

I don't think there is many. I've directed a few people to the site but they don't seem to like it for some reason.

We're doing well at home. Away from home I'm starting to fear it could be a bit turbulent. Very interested in how we get on in Kildare. That game might set the mark for the rest of the away games.

Shels follow them in Morton so after those two games we should have a good idea of what we're aiming at.

Now we have to try play a game with 11 men on the pitch...

Lamper.sffc
06/04/2008, 1:21 PM
I was told not to bother with it either. Iv had a bit of flack from a few but in general I find it ok.

We definitely have the players to start picking up some away wins. Our two away games have been difficult ones but still 7 goals conceded is not good enough. Would be nice to get our first away win.

Im looking forward to the shels one. we were unlucky in the cup

The ref did us no favours on the robbie doyle sending off

Santry_Goonshow
10/04/2008, 8:11 PM
Just wondering how many SF fans we have on Foot.ie.

Roll call people.

How do you think we have done so far and any other points you may have.

ps. ( what ever happened to santry goonshow)

Hi Lamper, I was alerted to your query as to where I went by one of me mates. I am still attending Sporting Fingal games and drove down to the Waterford game, missed the Dundalk game. I am not interested in posting on a board where the arrogance of the moderator allows him allocate troll points for people who don't troll (wtf?). I also don't appreciate people in positions of responsibility who break into bad language over e-mail so I won't be back. This site should be shut down by ComReg for breach of its own "RULES". Our genius friend also added that he doesn't like debates and also added that I add nothing to the board anyway so I'm not staying where I don't fit in. I hate hypocrisy. Best of luck for the season and see you at the games LAMPER!

dcfcsteve
10/04/2008, 11:56 PM
Hi Lamper, I was alerted to your query as to where I went by one of me mates. I am still attending Sporting Fingal games and drove down to the Waterford game, missed the Dundalk game. I am not interested in posting on a board where the arrogance of the moderator allows him allocate troll points for people who don't troll (wtf?). I also don't appreciate people in positions of responsibility who break into bad language over e-mail so I won't be back. This site should be shut down by ComReg for breach of its own "RULES". Our genius friend also added that he doesn't like debates and also added that I add nothing to the board anyway so I'm not staying where I don't fit in. I hate hypocrisy. Best of luck for the season and see you at the games LAMPER!

So you've 'met' Adam then......? :D

drummerboy
11/04/2008, 10:06 AM
I thinks that a pity Santry. While I didn't agree with everything you said, I certainly enjoyed some of your posts. I also enjoyed your unbridled enthusiasm for the new club. Good to see the love of the game been carried on. Perhaps you will reconsider.

Lamper.sffc
11/04/2008, 9:55 PM
quote=Santry_Goonshow;918057]Come on Lamper, courage of your convictions - say what you mean don't be bashed up by Muppetish words and misplaced "non hearing" pedanticism.[/quote]

Its a shame man but we need more sporting fingal voices on here. Sorry but had to use your own words to try and convince you to stay.

Im wondering did pineapple stu get a warning in all this. Im guessing not. If you are here long enough you obviously get away with trolling, which is exactly what pineapple stu was doing.

I guess im in trouble now :p

boris
12/04/2008, 10:37 AM
you can count me in as a fingal fan. i have to agree with the "santry goonshow" in a way that i feel that this forum sometimes sounds like a old boys club where people don't want to hear other views, whether right or wrong.At the end of the day (!) we are all el fans and in order for the league to grow it needs more fans. sometimes we are our own worst enemy!!. by the way great to get our first points on the road!!!!! brings on shels!!!!

Santry_Goonshow
12/04/2008, 11:53 PM
quote=Santry_Goonshow;918057]Come on Lamper, courage of your convictions - say what you mean don't be bashed up by Muppetish words and misplaced "non hearing" pedanticism.

Sorry but had to use your own words to try and convince you to stay. Im wondering did pineapple stu get a warning in all this. Im guessing not. If you are here long enough you obviously get away with trolling, which is exactly what pineapple stu was doing.

I see what you are saying lamper - the problem is the inconsistency caused by the so-caled moderator, who needs to sharpen up his definition of trolling, add in another definition of flaming, especially to stop his mates doing it, and stop swearing at properly registered account holders. What a huge man he must be. But hold on, thats against the rules... no, they don't apply to Mr webhoster himself.

I'm gonna be deleted any second now so that's that. foot.ie is not a mature enough forum to allow people to have a different view and there' a definite level of cosy-ness between them all, like they all drink in the Cork Constitution club bar

boovidge
13/04/2008, 8:47 PM
is there another SF forum on the net if you guys don't like using this one?

Lamper.sffc
13/04/2008, 9:09 PM
boards.ie has a thread in there on sf.