PDA

View Full Version : Bohs

pineapple stu
16/07/2003, 4:49 PM
Bohs 1-0 down in Belarus with two minutes to go.

Don't want to tempt fate (basically trying to while those two minutes away myself before I check the final score), but that wouldn't be a bad result for Bohs. You'd have to fancy Bohs to do better at home - can certainly see them equalling BATE's home result anyway. You'd have to wonder how they'd have fared if they'd have been out of season against the Belorussians in the middle of their season. Or alternatively if they'd have gotten a decent draw...:(

Shame it's not a draw though, 'cos the league needs the ranking points to get ahead of Belarus in the UEFA rankings.

Still, seems an encouraging enough continuation to the European season.

pineapple stu
16/07/2003, 4:52 PM
1-0's a result now.

Goal on 24 minutes.

tiktok
16/07/2003, 4:55 PM
not too shabby at all, given the gloom and doom some of the media were spouting,

well done the boaz and let's hope you turn them over at home. ;)

pete
16/07/2003, 7:15 PM
0-1 is not bad at all against the top unseeded team.

No one really knows how BATE will travel so all to play for.

Would pop down to Dalyer if was in dublin next week but not going to work out that way so the Bores will have to do it without me

:o

pineapple stu
16/07/2003, 7:51 PM
Some not to great results for the league going through though - the Maltese and the Armenian teams both won, so we're currently 40th in the list. The Icelandic team lost, which is good, but we need Bohs to go through next week if we're to keep our seeding spot...:(

UCD_4_Life
16/07/2003, 8:41 PM
I can't believe that it wasn't on TV. If it was Man Utd playing then it would've been. :mad:

Anyway, I would've preferred it if they had lost 1-2 as the away goal would've been invaluable.

Macy
17/07/2003, 7:45 AM
According to Today FM this morning, they did have chances.... They should come through with only a one goal deficit, and at least they have to go all out in the home leg (shouldn't get caught like $h€l$ did last year playing for a draw).

joe
17/07/2003, 11:20 AM
did any of the papers use the headline:

Bohs Fail To Master BATE

or are they saving that one just in case they lose next week as well?

:D

d13bohs
18/07/2003, 6:52 PM
We did all those jokes already, its pronounced Batty though which is very funny when you're drunk and you hear the home support chanting it (well I laughed anyway) especially when we thought of our legendary worst ever player Jason Batty. Da Batty Boyz of Borisov weren't up to much, we should beat them, if we get an early goal we'll be ok