PDA

View Full Version : What's your radio station?

feo123
04/04/2008, 9:12 PM
whats yer favourite radio station to listen to? has to be Today FM for me, pure class i think. Always entertaining. i must say though i only listen to it until about 5 o'clock when im finished work. Ian Dempsey, Ray D'arcy and Ray Foley's shows are brilliant, im getting sick on tony fenton tbh, loves duffy, tom baxter, adele and rebecca chulme or whatever her name is. plays same things everyday but the first 3 shows of the day are class

your views?

pete
04/04/2008, 9:16 PM
Usually only hear radio something between 9-10am & 7-9pm so mostly on Newstalk. I don't get to hear during the day too often but Sean Moncrief always entertaining.

feo123
04/04/2008, 9:17 PM
i get the newstalk podcast for the football and didn't really like it

SligoBrewer
04/04/2008, 9:18 PM
Newstalk mostly.

gustavo
04/04/2008, 9:45 PM
I switch between them all till i hear a song i like , dont really have any one that I would prefer than the rest

At night I'd listen to Radio Five Live for Late Night Live and Up All Night

superfrank
04/04/2008, 9:54 PM
I only ever listen to Radio Five Live for the football coverage. I occasionally catch Morning Ireland.

DmanDmythDledge
04/04/2008, 9:55 PM
Spin or FM104 if I'm listening to music. Mostly listen to Off the Ball on newstalk apart from that and BBC Radio 5 live on Sundays for the footie.

feo123
04/04/2008, 9:58 PM
radio 5 podcasts are very good. i get spoony's, tim lovejoys and alan green's shows

SligoBrewer
04/04/2008, 10:09 PM
Fighting Talk has to be the best sports show ever without actual coverage.

tetsujin1979
05/04/2008, 1:18 AM
Phantom FM for music and NewsTalk for, well, news. Off The Ball is like crack to me.

skitz3
05/04/2008, 9:53 AM
Today FM for Ian Dempsey, Ray D'Arcy and Ray Foley. Then i switch over to Newstalk for Sean Moncrieff and after him if i'm still in work and listening to the radio, i switch back to Today FM for Matt Cooper. If i'm listening to the radio after that, i listen to Tom Dunne, he's the best DJ about by a mile but i don't have the time to listen to him anymore.

Pauro 76
05/04/2008, 11:51 AM
In the UK, Magic FM. Such a wide variety of music. From 80's cheese to 90's cheese. And they always play the best new music. They update their playlist every few months. The songs everyone loves.. all day long, every day long.

Sarcasm is great.

paul_oshea
05/04/2008, 1:09 PM
i wouldn't listen to any station really, certainly wouldn't listen to an Irish or UK station, some great stations in the states though if ye can listen on line.

pete
05/04/2008, 1:10 PM
In the UK, Magic FM.

How do the tricks work when you can't see them?

NeilMcD
05/04/2008, 1:51 PM
radio 5 podcasts are very good. i get spoony's, tim lovejoys and alan green's shows

Is that Tim Lovejoy who went from supporting Millwall to supporting Chelsea what a ******.

Newstalk do a great podcast with Giles though. The Guardians Podcast is great too, while the Times get on my nerves.

Ray D'arcy is a middle of the road arsehole who is so conservative and he should hand his **** back to whoever is in charge of giving out cocks. He is such a wuss he is unreal. He is a disgrace to mankind He has no integrity and his knowledge of music is rubbish.

stann
05/04/2008, 2:04 PM
A few shows on XFM on t'internet if I'm at work at those times (but rarely at home for some reason) and Matt Cooper and Tom Dunne on Today FM in the car on the way there or back. Also Mark Graham's Friday night show on WLR after the match, only ever get the last 15 minutes though. :D
Would rather listen to nothing in the daytime, can't be doing with daytime radio DJs. Don't get me started on Ray D'Arcy. :mad:
Actually, no, I'll just echo what NeilMcD said. :D

skitz3
05/04/2008, 4:53 PM
Is that Tim Lovejoy who went from supporting Millwall to supporting Chelsea what a ******.

No it was Watford he supported originally but i agree, he is a ******!

Lionel Ritchie
05/04/2008, 5:14 PM
6Music if I'm listening to daytime music radio. Can't stand Darcy, Dempsey Fenton or their 2fm equivalents. Even the (supposedly) alternative music programming served up by Dunne is highly predictable and he seems to just like and play what Q magazine tell him to like.

Otherwise I listen to morning Ireland, Last Word, random b its of Newtalk and a little bit of lyric.

holidaysong
05/04/2008, 6:48 PM
Phantom

Dodge
05/04/2008, 7:17 PM
I don't get to hear during the day too often but Sean Moncrief always entertaining.

Excellent show. As yourself don't get to hear it enough.

Can't say I'd listen to any of the Today FM djs. Particularly that **** D'Arcy. He's the sort of bloke who ruins drunken nights out by trying to talk about footballm and runs football by talking about nights out. He just doesn't understand either, and should stick with Soaps.

Matt Cooper is a political story breaks is decent too. Despise George Hook

GavinZac
05/04/2008, 7:30 PM
RedFM. its a bit cheesy sometimes but far better than 96FM and wouldn't want to voluntarily listen to Dublin accents all day. Plus they're CCFC sponsors and a lot of the DJs/reporters are CCFC fans (since before their jobs)

Schumi
05/04/2008, 9:06 PM
Phantom. Used to listen to Newstalk a bit but most of their presenters are really annoying recently.

Dr. Ogba
07/04/2008, 10:37 AM
Don't really do radio but will throw on Phontom from time to time when I get bored with the ipod. the rest of dublin/Irish radio is so generic and interchangeable that its bordering on insulting.

For those that went to Australia - Triple J is easily the best radio station i've ever listened to and has introduced me to most of my favourite bands today. and the morning lads were actually genuinely funny which is a rarity (especially for Australians!! :p )

Block G Raptor
07/04/2008, 2:43 PM
Today FM for Ian Dempsey, Ray D'Arcy and Ray Foley. Then i switch over to Newstalk for Sean Moncrieff and after him if i'm still in work and listening to the radio, i switch back to Today FM for Matt Cooper.

Ditto

kingdom hoop
07/04/2008, 3:20 PM
Rarely enough do I listen to the ol' wireless for music - I rate myself as a better DJ. :p But one show I love is the imperious Gerry Godley's Reels To Ragas on Lyric (Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7, and archived online). I suppose at heart it's music that I wouldn't otherwise be exposed to but have a great fondness for, but nearly as much as that I just have to appreciate the presenter's style; he doesn't just press a button but introduces almost every song with a description of the artist and might tell you that they're singing about, say, the strife of the Berber people in Mauritania. Excellent show if you're at-all-amenable to world music.

Newstalk has been a great addition to the national airways in fairness. Seán Moncrieff is wonderfully witty and always asks good questions of his guests, and the Off The Ball podcast with Johnny is, as José might say, fantastic. I'd occasionally listen to their morning show, but find Claire Byrne and the incessant money-making racket of "so, we'd love to know what you think about this, why don't you drop us a text" incredibly annoying and together with too many ad breaks means the show seriously wants for a flow.

Closer to heart, Radio Kerry's Terrace Talk is an excellent sports show but I've largely neglected it out of absent-mindedness of late, unfortunately. Years ago, Atlantic 252 used to be a big favourite!