PDA

View Full Version : Which way is she spinning

Block G Raptor
04/04/2008, 3:57 PM
Really Cool Optical Illusion (http://wildaboutmath.com/2007/12/23/optical-illusion-the-spinning-girl/)

passinginterest
04/04/2008, 4:02 PM
Maybe I'm odd but she's only spinning one direction in my view and that's clockwise, I can't see any optical illusion or confusion.

I may be very wrong.

sligoman
04/04/2008, 4:03 PM
Not really an illusion. She just changes direction every now and again.

Block G Raptor
04/04/2008, 4:03 PM
Stare at it for a while and will her to spin the other way and trust me she will spin the other way. Unless your the bloke from mallrats who can't see the sailboat

Not really an illusion. She just changes direction every now and again.

eh no actually thats the illusion she doesn't actually change direction your perception just changes

strangeirish
04/04/2008, 4:04 PM
Really Cool Optical Illusion (http://wildaboutmath.com/2007/12/23/optical-illusion-the-spinning-girl/)
She goes both ways and I'd give her a lash just for that...:D

Jerry The Saint
04/04/2008, 4:05 PM
I think this has been on here before.

People have different methods - blink rapidly, look away then back again.

Best way is to focus on the shadow, you can actually make her turn either direction at will. If this still doesn't work, just focus on the nipples and enjoy the show :eek:

passinginterest
04/04/2008, 4:07 PM
OK been staring at it for ages and nothing changes, my spatial awareness is pretty crap too, maybe it's something to do with the dominant side of my brain?

*just gave it one last try and it worked, God bless those nipples ;)

osarusan
04/04/2008, 4:12 PM
I drew circles with my fingers on the desk (Clockwise and Anti-clockwise) before looking at the screen. When I looked up, she was turning the same way I'd drawn the circle.

(Block G, I guess this isn't quite what you expected when you searched for "naked spinning girl" on google!)

passinginterest
04/04/2008, 4:18 PM
I had to concentrate on where the shadow met the feet, after about a min the direction change happened, once I changed focus it went back to clockwise and had to start over. Interesting and odd.

John83
04/04/2008, 4:23 PM
I saw this one a few months back. Very cool indeed. Passinginterest, you're closer than you think - I seem to recall that this was linked to a study that found a link between which direction you first see it spinning and which hemisphere is dominant.

inexile
04/04/2008, 4:28 PM
this is driving me bananas can only see her spinning one way,i must be stoopid

Lionel Ritchie
04/04/2008, 5:54 PM
Let her spin my way. I'd be about her like a rat in a trash can.

Looking again I suspect Shennanigans, if t'were an illusion she wouldn't change foot no? She definitely changes foot ...not just direction.

gilberto_eire
04/04/2008, 6:04 PM
I've noticed direction changes but i can't say i could change direction at will, was trying there for a few minutes, tbh when i was concentrating the direction seldom changed at all!!

tricky_colour
04/04/2008, 6:20 PM
All I can see is clockwise too.
I am not easily fooled ;)

paul_oshea
04/04/2008, 8:08 PM
i am with tricky, i think she is ony spinning some way, and the theorists are talking sh1te!

ive been looking a this for near 10 minutes now and i cannot see it. i am dyslexic in some way?!

gustavo
04/04/2008, 8:17 PM
Always anti-clockwise with me

redtildead
04/04/2008, 8:17 PM
I looked for a while and I cant see any direction change.
Tried to concentrate on her going other way but nothing.
If you look at the shadow of her leg you see it keeps going in one direction.

paul_oshea
04/04/2008, 8:33 PM
can someone create a gif that actually as her spinning anti-clockwise and then that way at least ill actually know what she looks lke spinning that way.

spinning clockwise is that the right hemisphere, id assume thats the smart sde of your brain :D

Paddyfield
04/04/2008, 9:38 PM
OK been staring at it for ages and nothing changes, my spatial awareness is pretty crap too, maybe it's something to do with the dominant side of my brain?

*just gave it one last try and it worked, God bless those nipples ;)

Studs are up alright.

noby
04/04/2008, 10:04 PM
Saw this before. I can see her spin both ways, for what it's worth.

Try this: hold a mirror or cd against it. Some people see both the gif and the reflection spinning the same direction. Freaky.

tricky_colour
04/04/2008, 10:38 PM
I finally saw it spinning anti clockwise and now I can see it change directions
fairly regularly. Not sure how it works though, sometimes it seems to 'stall' a bit
but that might be due to a varing load on the CPU, and it does not always change directions at that point.
I guess if it was a spinning cross you would just see the 'arms' shorten and lenghten and you could choose which way it was spinning, but it is a more complicated image.
Maybe your brain just gets bored after a while and decides to spin her the other
way around :)

GavinZac
05/04/2008, 11:01 AM
can someone create a gif that actually as her spinning anti-clockwise and then that way at least ill actually know what she looks lke spinning that way.

spinning clockwise is that the right hemisphere, id assume thats the smart sde of your brain :D

anti-clockwise:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/vurdlak8/2007b.gif

paul_oshea
05/04/2008, 12:25 PM
anti-clockwise:
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/bb234/vurdlak8/2007b.gif

nice try gav :D

i pictured her spinning anti-clockwise last night in my head before i went to bed, opened it up this morning, and i saw it, but then i focused again and i cant get it into my head her spinning the other way again :evil:

NeilMcD
06/04/2008, 4:34 PM
I would give her one and I would not care whether she was going clock wise or anti clock wise

By the way I can only see it going clock wise.

Rovers fan
06/04/2008, 5:07 PM
I saw her going anticlockwise yesterday but I can't see it anymore. I'd say its probably just about concentration.

tricky_colour
06/04/2008, 7:30 PM
You can see both directions here:-

http://ofb.net/~whuang/imgs/spin/

Note how they have added some white line to show which limb covers the
tother to force the direction. I would say I see her spinning clockwise 90%
of the time.
The original is supposed to be anti-clockwise according to one frame but maybe
there are other clues in different frames?

Block G Raptor
07/04/2008, 11:21 AM
If you focus on her foot (the one she's spinning on) this is where the illusion is created. if you tell yourself that the foot is going away from you in one direction and coming towards you from the opposite and then reverse it she'll spin the other way or make her rock back and forward. now if only all women were so easily controlled