PDA

View Full Version : The Club is a pathetic Dead Loss

joeSoap
15/07/2003, 8:22 PM
I've had enough...this is pathetic and the only ones that seem to care and suffer are the handful of people on this forum.The latest list of catastrophes include:
* Our chairman, or ex-chairman or whatever, communicates with Deise on matters of vital importance to the club before he informs players, management or other 'committee' members.I am not criticising Deise one little bit, but lets face it...what other club behaves in this manner. Mike Kerley wasn't even told of Corks offer, wasn't aware that Pats are interested in Stevo, and seems completely oblivious to off the field matters or the gravity of them.

* We get a decent offer for a player that, yes, is important to us but lets face it...whats more important...performance on the pitch or immediate survival.And before anyone starts going on about the offer being derogatory, lets not forget that the backside has fallen out of the transfer market and at the end of the season, he'll walk for zilch. O'Flynn will go to arbitration if a fee can't be agreed, and we'll end up with peanuts because he hasn't even proved himself with a Premier club yet. Cooney mightn't even be allowed back from Bohs, those Kerry lads must be going 'What the hell am I doing here'? and bar Paddy and Finny thats it...no more assets. No investor in his right mind is going near us, and rightly so.

I've said it before...we need to canvass the FAI, and need to do so now!!!! This committee has to go, and with immediate effect. I'm sick of supporting a laughing stock of a football side. We deserve better, and I am just sick of this...sick to the teeth. Its time for action, or else close it down...I'm serious!!!

deise deserter
22/07/2003, 1:47 PM
What matters of "vital importance" do you speak about? I would love to think that I am the fountain of all knowledge but I am sorry to say that it is not true. Yet. I sincerely doubt that others were not informed before me. What I would surmise happens is that one half of the split committee hear about it. They only leave the people who aren't on their side out of it. It has been suggested to us that this was the game they were playing when we broached the option of the Market's Field to them - All pretended they had heard nothing, and afterwards a phonecall was made to a fan suggesting that one half wanted to keep it secret until all info was gathered. Quite possibly this was done with the best of intentions, but it does make me wonder.

As for the Keating offer the latest report (and there has been quite a few) we hear from one of the committee members is that one of the committee members on the opposing side to the main group approached Cork to offer them any of our players they wanted to buy. According to the source of this, no-one else on the committee knew about this.

This then begs the question:

Was Eoin Keating's transfer turned down because it wasn't good for the club, or because certain members had to get one back against the person who offered our players up for sale?

Things just aren'trunning smoothly and the sooner the current committee are gone, the better in my opinion.