PDA

View Full Version : Ticket info for legends game

Trainee
02/04/2008, 10:38 PM
Preparations are underway for the match - which will see a host of Legends from Manchester United and Liverpool battle it out at Terryland Park on Saturday May 24 for the first time ever in Irish footballing history.

Hosted by Galway United FC, in conjunction with GrowSport.com, this exclusive Legends game, which kicks off at 3pm, is one you can't afford to miss.

A total of 32 Legends plus celebrity managers will take part in a one-off game which will see footballing icons including Liverpool Legends John Aldridge, Alan Kennedy, Jan Molby, Phil Neal, Paul Walsh, Ronnie Whelan - along with Manchester United Legends David May, Clayton Blackmore, Denis Irwin, Lee Sharpe, Mike Duxbury and Mickey Thomas gracing our pitch.

Galway's 4* Clayton Hotel is the venue for a star studded Gala Dinner later that evening - giving fans the chance to rub shoulders with their heroes and enjoy guest appearances from a range of other celebrities.

Nick Leeson from Galway United FC commented "We're thrilled to be hosting a Legends match right here in Galway. These matches are often played on the international circuit, but it's the first time these stellar players are coming together to play and demonstrate their skill in Ireland".

Added Colin Telford from Promoters Grow Sport, "There's no doubt that this will be an epic day out for local football fans - these players still know exactly how to take the game to another level. But it's also going to raise vital funds for the development of talented young players here - so that having been inspired by these sporting champions, they too can go on to enjoy the highest levels of achievement in the game."

From Friday, April 4th, current Galway United season ticket holders will have 14 days exclusive access to tickets (maximum purchase four per season ticket holder: contact the Galway United office, Terryland Park, Dyke Road +353 (0) 91 767336 / info@galwayunitedfc.ie ), before they are released for general sale from Terryland Park and local Ticketmaster outlets on April 18th.

Ticket Prices:

Ground Admission

General Admission: €25 limited to 2000 tickets

Concession: General Admission €15 (Juvenile Under 16's, Students and O.A.P (With Valid I.D.) limited to 500 tickets

Family ticket €60 limited to 250 (family: two adults & two children under 16)

Corribside Stand

Corribside Stand Tickets €35 limited to 500

Family Corribside Stand Tickets €70 limited to 100

Tribalhooie
06/04/2008, 6:59 PM
I couldnt believe my eyes the last day when i was on the official club website and they were claiming that this game with retired hasbeens has been labelled as the biggest game of the season. I wonder do they know that we still have nearly a full season of games still to play.

eamo1
06/04/2008, 9:06 PM
Clayton Blackmore a legend??????????????:rolleyes:.
Im so conflicted as to whether ill take up my allocation or not.Interesting to see if it sells out or not.

Paddyfield
06/04/2008, 9:08 PM
I couldnt believe my eyes the last day when i was on the official club website and they were claiming that this game with retired hasbeens has been labelled as the biggest game of the season. I wonder do they know that we still have nearly a full season of games still to play.

Tribalhooie, are you Pat Dolan in disguise?

Yet still, I agree with you.

Tribalhooie
07/04/2008, 5:43 PM
far from it. i am just a season ticket holder for the last 15 years who cant understand why our vital league games are getting belittled by a meaningless game involving nobody from gufc.

Tir Oilean
07/04/2008, 5:49 PM
Hooie its the hype required to big up the game so that we can make ends meet come the end of the season. So we cant really complain about the marketing its a fact of life now that GUFC is a business. It'll be a big game for the barstoolers but for you and me we couldnt be arsed bout it. The likes of Cobh at home are far more important games.

gufct
07/04/2008, 8:57 PM
Its on the same day as Trapatonni's 1st game in charge -v- Serbia in Croke Park. Hope someone checked the calendar before deciding on the date.

Conor H
07/04/2008, 9:02 PM
Its on the same day as Trapatonni's 1st game in charge -v- Serbia in Croke Park. Hope someone checked the calendar before deciding on the date.

Ouch!That certainly is a clash!
Most people will be watching the Ireland game i'd imagine,aswell as many GUFC volunteers,already having purchased tickets for the Ireland game.

gilberto_eire
07/04/2008, 9:36 PM
I'd say the Serbia game is on a 7pm tbh!!.

I'll be in Dublin anyway!!

Demoshield
07/04/2008, 10:16 PM
Rep of Ireland V Serbia: Saturday 24th May 2008
Croke Park Kick-Off: 7.30pm.
No problem. IMO majority going to see the"Legends" from Manchester & Liverpool would not be going to see Ireland play a friendly.

Claret Murph
08/04/2008, 6:45 AM
Rep of Ireland V Serbia: Saturday 24th May 2008
Croke Park Kick-Off: 7.30pm.
No problem. IMO majority going to see the"Legends" from Manchester & Liverpool would not be going to see Ireland play a friendly.

Yer spot Demoshield .....

sligoman
25/05/2008, 10:14 PM
What was the score in this match?

gilberto_eire
25/05/2008, 10:23 PM
What was the score in this match?

Ya have'nt heard a word about this even on our own forum.

Score?

Attendance?

Intensity it was played? etc....

WoodquayBoy
25/05/2008, 11:07 PM
Finished 1-1, Ben Thornley opened scoring for Utd with scrappy goal in first half; typical of Liverpool, they needed a comedian to score for them, Tommy Tiernan - guest manager of Liverpool - coming off bench to equalise with about 10 mins left. Not a great game, fitness levels relatively non existent, about 3,000 at it. Still, passed an afternoon even if it was pants

eamo1
26/05/2008, 12:18 AM
Id say was less then that,2,000 maybe,was good to see a couple of them but a few i hadnt a clue who they were.Pitch was very dry though,at one stage a player went to chest it but the ball bounced up and hit him in the face,hillarious:p(that wasnt the highlight btw):).Atmosphere reminded me of a Liverpool or Man utd home game actually-dead.

WoodquayBoy
26/05/2008, 9:44 AM
was good to see a couple of them but a few i hadnt a clue who they were.
You're obviously not a fan of either club if you didn't know who they were - Jimmy Case, Phil Neal, Alan Kennedy, Mark Robbins - the man who saved Fergie's career - Peter Davenport, Peter Barnes and so on.
OKay, just looked at that list, maybe you are a fan but a young one as most of those players were in their prime (if Davenport, an expensive Utd flop, can ever said to have had a prime) in the 70s and 80s.

eamo1
26/05/2008, 1:23 PM
Meant to say it was some of the Man utd players i didnt know,like Barnes and Digby in goal.I knew all the Liverpool players,was cool to see super sub David Fairclough there and 2 time European cup winner Phil Neal too.Im in my mid-twenties so a few of those guys like aldridge and Houghton were Gods when i was a kid.

Ash
26/05/2008, 1:54 PM
So, with his proven goal scoring ability in Terryland ... are ye gonna offer Tommy Tiernan a contract ;)

Macy
26/05/2008, 2:03 PM
OKay, just looked at that list, maybe you are a fan but a young one as most of those players were in their prime (if Davenport, an expensive Utd flop, can ever said to have had a prime) in the 70s and 80s.
Maybe he just has a higher "legend" threshold than the likes of Barnes, Davenport and Thornley :D I'll give you Robins though (should never have been let go as early as he was).

Clayton Blackmore a legend??????????????
Off the pitch, sunbed most definitely was. But what about some of his free's on the way to the Cup Winners Cup and his clearance off the line against Barca in the final.

WoodquayBoy
26/05/2008, 2:07 PM
Maybe he just has a higher "legend" threshold than the likes of Barnes, Davenport and Thornley :D I'll give you Robins though (should never have been let go as early as he was).
Have to agree with that, very disappointed with the United Legends rolled out - Albiston, McIlroy and Blackmore, Robins at a push, purely for 'that' goal.
Match them up against the Liverpool guys who were there and there can be no comparison. Still, it took a skinny funnyman frm Meath to score for them!

ShamTalk
26/05/2008, 3:09 PM
Meant to say it was some of the Man utd players i didnt know,like Barnes and Digby in goal.I knew all the Liverpool players,was cool to see super sub David Fairclough there and 2 time European cup winner Phil Neal too.Im in my mid-twenties so a few of those guys like aldridge and Houghton were Gods when i was a kid.

Phil Neal won European Cup 4 times, '77, '78, '81 & '84