PDA

View Full Version : The Apprentice

Pauro 76
02/04/2008, 9:29 PM
Anyone watching it at the moment? my favourites to win so far, Simon is a proper down to earth lad, reckon he's up there to win it. Raef is proving a bit of a person everyone loves to hate but should be up there. Cant see any of the girls winning so far.

pete
02/04/2008, 9:58 PM
Watched the first two Donald Trump ones but never watched BBC version until this year. The only reality tv I watch.

Can't believe the female Project didn't get the boot. I think they rigged it for entertainment purposes - more personality clashes. Women pricing tonight was very funny.

Too early too tell who could win.

cheifo
03/04/2008, 10:09 AM
Watched this last night and have to say there was some very funny scenes.I think its safe to say these people are not the cream of the crop but are chosen for entertainment value.The Irish lass and her "I am the top sales sales person in Europe" remark in last weeks show was embarassing.

Dricky
03/04/2008, 11:07 AM
I think it's a great programe and a good laugh, the 'you're fierd' programme on after is a jolly good laugh, where they rip into them all. Don't watch much TV but I do watch that

Pauro 76
03/04/2008, 1:16 PM
Same with me, there's not many programmes I'd demand to switch over to, but the show is really addictive. Didnt think Shazia (cant remember her name, something like that anyway) deserved to go last night, that red haired wan was on a pure power trip. Im not too mad on the 'Youre Fired' show though, it gives the candidates a bit tooo much publicity.

Ringo
06/04/2008, 7:47 AM
Same with me, there's not many programmes I'd demand to switch over to, but the show is really addictive. Didnt think Shazia (cant remember her name, something like that anyway) deserved to go last night, that red haired wan was on a pure power trip. Im not too mad on the 'Youre Fired' show though, it gives the candidates a bit tooo much publicity.

The red haired one got a large slap of the ugly stick. Whats going on with the scarves. She should have gone , she was useless as a team leader.

Pauro 76
06/04/2008, 2:06 PM
The red haired one got a large slap of the ugly stick. Whats going on with the scarves. She should have gone , she was useless as a team leader.

Suppose she's in there for the 'entertainment' value. Everyone loves a villain on that show. Simon, my tip to win, but it'll be interesting to see how he copes with being a team leader. Very good No. 2 but is he a leader...

Pauro 76
01/05/2008, 1:54 PM
Turning into a right b!tch-fest now. Raef is surely a contender. He's a pompous cretin, but you cant help but like him, especiallly after sticking up for Sara after everyone else turning on her. Glad Kevin got kicked out last night, arrogant tw@t he was. Jenny should be out next, what a horrible hatchet faced woman.

sligoman
01/05/2008, 2:10 PM
Did any of ye see 'The Apprentice - You're Fired' after the show last night? Really took the **** out of Kevin, so funny:D

pete
01/05/2008, 2:52 PM
Did any of ye see 'The Apprentice - You're Fired' after the show last night? Really took the **** out of Kevin, so funny:D

He deserved it. "Buy our cards otherwise you are a bad company" :rolleyes:

Hardly two brain cells between the lot of them. Glorified Big Brother in suits now.

pineapple stu
01/05/2008, 4:13 PM
Phenomenal to look at their CVs on the BBC site. All that, and they come up with the idea of selling cards with a message in them to reduce household rubbish?!

pete
14/05/2008, 11:47 PM
Phenomenal to look at their CVs on the BBC site. All that, and they come up with the idea of selling cards with a message in them to reduce household rubbish?!

Their CVs are not impressive at all. I am not saying college education makes someone automatically better but half of them have no college education. The remainder have basic degrees (one is equine science) - no post grads.

The Raef guy is very funny. The winner will come from the four on last nights winning team. Lucinda would be a favourite now despite been useless at the start. A couple of people have their cards marked so will be fired if see the boardroom again.

I heard someone say the contestants were rigged with some in-house from the BBC?

Pauro 76
15/05/2008, 6:43 AM
I fancy a Raef v Lee final. I thought Raef was a posh tw@t at first, but he's totally redeemed himself and is a definite contender. Lee and Claire are the dark horses. And annoyed that Michael squirmed his way out of being fired last night. Surely he cant last too much longer. Off topic, how hot did Sara look on 'You're Fired' last night? Stunning lady.

pete
15/05/2008, 9:47 AM
Off topic, how hot did Sara look on 'You're Fired' last night? Stunning lady.

She was the only lookers among the women but competition not so great. Made guys want to be white knight defending her honor :p

pineapple stu
15/05/2008, 4:17 PM
Their CVs are not impressive at all. I am not saying college education makes someone automatically better but half of them have no college education. The remainder have basic degrees (one is equine science) - no post grads.
There's more to a CV than college education.

sligoman
15/05/2008, 8:22 PM
Claire or Alex will win I think. Although Lee is definitely a darkhorse.

cheifo
16/05/2008, 12:26 AM
The show is so over produced and manipulated but entertaining, I think I am going to have to put it into my guilty pleasures dept.
The Irish one came across less weird when interviewed after.That Michael fella could'nt sell a black cat to a witch.

pete
28/05/2008, 2:25 PM
Claire or Alex will win I think. Although Lee is definitely a darkhorse.

Only the three of them have a chance now out of the remaining 5 unless the interviews throw up a surprise.

Seems fairly clear Alan is looking for winner now & firing people based on that. Claire is his favourite but Alex impressed this week.

Pauro 76
29/05/2008, 12:30 PM
Claire has been the golden girl over the last few weeks. Alex sneaking on the rails, his sales have been impressive. Lee as well, top 3. Lucinda is losing the plot and Helene is just making up the numbers at this stage.

pete
12/06/2008, 9:51 AM
Lee won but no surprise Claire second. He needs it more. Good entertainment.

Pauro 76
12/06/2008, 12:51 PM
The best man won it. Hard not to like the guy. Loved his 'reverse pterydactl' impression in front of a hard nosed interviewer, classic moment! Glad smug Alex was fired too...

pete
12/06/2008, 1:18 PM
Saw the lego clips on TV last night. Watch them here (http://www.bolegbros.co.uk/Movies/viewer.asp?MovieId=39&offset=). Very funny.

:D

sligoman
12/06/2008, 10:31 PM
Delighted for Lee, well deserved. Out of the final four, as long as Helene didn't win, I was happy.

sligoman
02/07/2008, 12:34 PM
"The winner of TV contest The Apprentice called in sick on his first day working for new boss Sir Alan Sugar.

Lee McQueen, 30, failed to start his new job because he is suffering from a "flu-like virus", according to a spokesman."

More (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080702/ten-apprentice-winner-misses-first-day-ea4616c.html).

Pauro 76
02/07/2008, 1:10 PM
"The winner of TV contest The Apprentice called in sick on his first day working for new boss Sir Alan Sugar.

Lee McQueen, 30, failed to start his new job because he is suffering from a "flu-like virus", according to a spokesman."

More (http://uk.news.yahoo.com/itn/20080702/ten-apprentice-winner-misses-first-day-ea4616c.html).

Hottest day of the year yesterday in London. Coincidence?