PDA

View Full Version : Extra Training for players

Estar
15/07/2003, 11:32 AM
Dermot Keely was so displeased with County's performance against Kilkenny he has ordered his players to do extra training. Ireland have a better chance of winning the world cup than Kildare County winning the title. He even apologised to Tommy Lynch after the game, there was no way Kildare should have won the game.
He couldn't even go to the clubhouse after the game, he was in such bad form. To tell you the truth I wouldn't blame him.

I think another signing might spice up things a bit.
One good thing is we haven't let in a goal in over 300 mins of football.

Countyman
15/07/2003, 4:00 PM
I'm not surprised. He was very agitated saturday night like the rest of us.

I think he roared at daisy "Why didn't you tell me you didn't want to play tonight"

In truth it was one of our worst displays at home but its good to get out of jail like that. Too often last year we were on the receiving end.

Dunno how players respond to extra training. Keelys techniques may work on younger guys but cant see the older lads taking to it.

is it a question of players being afraid to express themselves on the pitch for fear of a bollicking from the sideline???

Estar
15/07/2003, 4:23 PM
Everyone needs a bollicking now and again, to keep yhem on the their toes.
They worked hard against Galway and Harps and expected an easy game from Kilkenny but ended up in dogfight, never getting out of second gear.

Ever point in this division looks like it will have to be earned.

Five of the players who played for County have played for Kilkenny, surely they should have been up for this game. I think the players were suffering from lazenitous ;)

Lets hope they can up it a level for the Sligo match with a bit more passion.

Daisy got 9/10 in the star paper rating. In all the matches at the weekend Wayne Russell was the only other player to get 9/10:D

Expect tactical and line up changes in Sligo.