PDA

View Full Version : LTFC best ever chants....

Pauro 76
01/04/2008, 8:30 PM
Conveniently ignoring our middling league form, time for some nostalgia folks. Your best ever 'old school' LTFC chants anyone? Here's my top 3.

1) 'Notaro. Notaro. He drives a truck, he doesnt give a f*ck, he's a bald truck driving man.'
2) 'He never f*cks up. He sh@gs the Cup. Walking in a Garto wonderland.'
3) 'We're all going on a UEFA Holiday. We're all going to have a drink or two. We're all going on a UEFA Holiday. Athlone, you wish it was yoooooooouuu. Athlone, you wish it was you.'

Great days!

Xlex
01/04/2008, 9:48 PM
He's here,
He's there,
Stewie Byrne, he's everywhere,

He's popping up in the back four,
He's sticking them away,
He's a dedicated town player with passion...

...enough said...

Longfordian
01/04/2008, 10:07 PM
Wasn't it " They seek him here/They seek him there/But Stuey Byrne is everywhere..." ?

Pauro 76
02/04/2008, 6:35 AM
Damn forgot about that. Another great chant.

max power
02/04/2008, 9:11 AM
Or the 7 man army chant in Vadus.........funny as there were actually 7 in the army:D

Does anyone have a copy of the sheet we did for the cup final against Waterford ??

Rocky77
02/04/2008, 10:14 AM
The Stuey Byrne one will always be my favourite along with:

"Five foot eight, overweight, Digger O'Brien is f***ing great."

And anyone remember playing Pats in Richmond the day of the tractors protest in Dublin (03 I think) when their cries of "You can stick you f***ing tractors up your arse" were met by our "You can stick you're f***ing needles up your arm". Great days...

max power
02/04/2008, 11:03 AM
The Stuey Byrne one will always be my favourite along with:

"Five foot eight, overweight, Digger O'Brien is f***ing great."

And anyone remember playing Pats in Richmond the day of the tractors protest in Dublin (03 I think) when their cries of "You can stick you f***ing tractors up your arse" were met by our "You can stick you're f***ing needles up your arm". Great days...

ya remember that:p

Bosco
02/04/2008, 11:42 AM
Hahaha,remember the tractor chant, "At least we own our tractors" "Did you ever meet your daddy in a pub"....which if im not mistaken was followed by a few bottles been lobbed over at us!!

The Seven nation army one is my all time favourite,suprised the "Seanie Francis is better then crow" one hasnt come up yet!!!

The oldies were good but have to admit there was a few gems last season as well...

Cabs88
02/04/2008, 12:08 PM
The oldies were good but have to admit there was a few gems last season as well...

Your own personal bray bray bray **** **** **** was quite the witty ditty
Bosco ;)

Bosco
02/04/2008, 2:43 PM
Or what about Keenan's "Cabs,Cabs where ever you may be" on the bus back from Dalymount?

Pauro 76
02/04/2008, 8:09 PM

We f*cked up your traffic, we f*cked up your traffic, tra la la la..

deecay
02/04/2008, 8:11 PM
'One Ian Wexler' was a great one from the terraces back in my day

fitzpatrick10
07/04/2008, 3:59 PM
"Five foot eight, overweight, Digger O'Brien is f***ing great"

what a chant.the best keeper ever!!!

Pauro 76
07/04/2008, 7:02 PM
"Five foot eight, overweight, Digger O'Brien is f***ing great"

what a chant.the best keeper ever!!!

Not the best ever chant, but 'Digger, Digger, give us a wave' was great. Purely because he always waved!

Rocky77
07/04/2008, 7:45 PM
"Weso, Weso, Weso Byrne plays for Longford Town..."

Pauro 76
07/04/2008, 8:29 PM
"Weso, Weso, Weso Byrne plays for Longford Town..."

How did the rest go... Not Shels, Not Bohs, Not Pats, Not Bray? Great chant.

fitzpatrick10
07/04/2008, 8:59 PM
Not the best ever chant, but 'Digger, Digger, give us a wave' was great. Purely because he always waved!

i was just saying that digger was a class keeper.he did always wave which gave every1 a goob laugh

Nipper
07/04/2008, 9:03 PM
To the tune of "Seven Nation Army" -

"We went and won the cup/ We beat the Pats in Lansdowne Road/ We're in the UEFA Cup/ And so are Section O"

Ah yes. Every other club went and robbed that chant afterwards if memory serves.

Pauro 76
07/04/2008, 9:25 PM
Mathews is a banker,
Kenny is a w@nker,
tra la la la....

Macy
08/04/2008, 7:14 AM
Roddy - sounds like Britney Spears,
Fat Pat - hasn't seen his feet for years,
Rico? The mans a prico,
But (Stephen Kenny/ Alan Matthews) is greatest of all,
Da Da Da etc.

Ash
08/04/2008, 8:11 AM

Or as the away crowd used to shout at him ...
Frodo, Frodo, show us your ring :eek:

Macy
08/04/2008, 8:30 AM
Or as the away crowd used to shout at him ...
Frodo, Frodo, show us your ring :eek:
Always thought "are you small or just far away" to Digger were better tbh.

Tallanted
08/04/2008, 9:47 AM
Halo halo halo
tell all the bohs fans that you know
stephen kennys a c***
vinnys better than hunt
and seanie francis is better than crowe

Pauro 76
10/04/2008, 2:25 PM
From back in the day.... Anyone remember this? in ex chairman Adrian Duncan’s chairman’s message in the programme, he gave out about our fans getting on the players’ backs. His aim was to find the culprits. Mis-spelling in the programme, ‘You have been warmed.’

Section O’s response?

‘We’ve been warmed, we’ve been warmed, we’ve been warmed’.

Classic!

Longfordian
10/04/2008, 2:40 PM
Ha yeah I remember that one alright.."We've been warmed" indeed. That was around the Notaro era.

Martinho II
10/04/2008, 7:36 PM
god pauro 7 forgot that! that was a classic! :D