PDA

View Full Version : Martin Keown(Ex-Arsenal) could be next Galway Utd manager.

eamo1
01/04/2008, 1:37 PM
His sister lives in County Galway and he goes over to that town a few times a year.Spotted in Terryland a couple of times.He currently coaches a College team over in England and cant get a better job till he gets his coaching licence.Applied to 2 Eircom League clubs for managers job recently but was turned away for the licence reason.He will have it in the month or 2 im told but can G.U wait that long?????Apparently hes on his way to Galway this week but is it coincidence and hes just visiting relatives,i wonder.
We do need a manager with experience,manager experience i mean.Even though he did work under Graham and Wenger so he will have learnt alot so im not sure if id like it or not.

Salmon Coloured
01/04/2008, 1:43 PM
April Fools no??

I heard Gloria Honeyford was also in the running for the gig....

ramsfan
01/04/2008, 1:47 PM
i also heard osama bin laden was living in a cottage in connemara:D

WoodquayBoy
01/04/2008, 2:00 PM

No harm to have a bit of talent around the place

i also heard osama bin laden was living in a cottage in connemara

Nah, that is just someone from the local hippie commune . . I hope

Block G Raptor
01/04/2008, 2:08 PM
i also heard osama bin laden was living in a cottage in connemara

His young fella is playing for Galways A team this year. by all accounts he's not great but heard he's lethal in the air

Sam_Heggy
01/04/2008, 2:10 PM
His young fella is playing for Galways A team this year. by all accounts he's not great but heard he's lethal in the air

Oh sweet mother of christ, thats just embarrising :o

WoodquayBoy
01/04/2008, 2:10 PM

P
O
T
M
!!!!

Bluebeard
01/04/2008, 2:13 PM

Block G - Back of the Net!

Block G Raptor
01/04/2008, 2:18 PM
P
O
T
M
!!!!

Thanks for the Assist Wood keep setting them up and I'll keep burying them

The Lilywhites
01/04/2008, 2:55 PM

:D:D:D

jimhacker
01/04/2008, 3:20 PM
April Fools no??

About as believeable as that Nick Leason chap joining the club!

kingofkillteely
01/04/2008, 3:43 PM
His sister lives in County Galway and he goes over to that town a few times a year.Spotted in Terryland a couple of times.He currently coaches a College team over in England and cant get a better job till he gets his coaching licence.Applied to 2 Eircom League clubs for managers job recently but was turned away for the licence reason.He will have it in the month or 2 im told but can G.U wait that long?????Apparently hes on his way to Galway this week but is it coincidence and hes just visiting relatives,i wonder.
We do need a manager with experience,manager experience i mean.Even though he did work under Graham and Wenger so he will have learnt alot so im not sure if id like it or not.

Dream on, he makes a good living from tv work, so i cant see him going to a backward place like G G G GALWAY ;)

deecay
01/04/2008, 4:11 PM
He was on Sky Sports the other day managing Oxford or Cambridge Collages

Rovers1
01/04/2008, 4:12 PM

any idea how much hed be on there?

Jerry The Saint
01/04/2008, 4:21 PM

any idea how much hed be on there?

They pay for all the scissors and sellotape.

deecay
01/04/2008, 5:08 PM
It might have just been been for the annual game?

superfrank
01/04/2008, 5:25 PM
I actually saw Martin Keown today outside HMV on O'Connell Street. He walked right past me. He looked to be in a hurry.

Burnsie
01/04/2008, 5:38 PM
He's been managing Oxford University all year; they were beaten 5-3 in their showpiece game against Cambridge last weekend.

Nipper
01/04/2008, 5:42 PM
Is there a zoo in Galway?

sligoman
01/04/2008, 6:44 PM
Not sure how good a job he'd do. Can't see it happening either. Not got real experience but could still do a decent job I'd say, he'd have some good contacts[no eyesight jokes lads] within the game, for signing players etc.
Is there a zoo in Galway?:D:D

Rovers1
01/04/2008, 10:27 PM
say, he'd have some good contacts[no eyesight jokes lads] ,

your just looking for one there Sligoman ;)

eamo1
01/04/2008, 11:24 PM
I counted 2 ppl here who actually seemed to seriously entertain the idea.:).April fool lads.His sister does live in co.Galway and he does manage a college team as some of ye pointed out but the rest is bull dink.

Demoshield
02/04/2008, 10:28 PM
I counted 2 ppl here who actually seemed to seriously entertain the idea.:).April fool lads.His sister does live in co.Galway and he does manage a college team as some of ye pointed out but the rest is bull dink.
Obviously not the only ones who fell for it!!!
http://www.eleven-a-side.com/eircomleague/news.asp?n=31634
Good old IRISH Daily Mirror quality journalism