PDA

View Full Version : New Signings

SÓC
14/07/2003, 5:26 PM
City have singed Packer on a one month Contract but did not sign Toilis.

We've also signed a Bosnian Admir Softic for the U-21's and youths as well as David Spratt from UCC.

They all played in a friendly against Gunter's Irish University side, City won it 1-0 with a goal from Carey

From Spillage in D'Echo.

RedX
14/07/2003, 8:20 PM
Packer could end up a good signing.According to his previous clubs site he played on the right of midfield though.Does anyone know did he play in the centre in the recent friendly?The reason behind just a one month contract is its like a trial extension and i would not be surprised to see him get some action Friday night.If he does well over the month i am sure City will extend his stay until the end of the season at least.There would be no better place to make a name for himself than in a Munster derby in Waterford.It should be a fantastic night with a great atmosphere.There seems to be quiet a few travelling down....

Troy.McClure
15/07/2003, 1:36 PM
Surely the main news here is that Alan Carey scored!!! :o

ccfc till i die
15/07/2003, 1:53 PM
Would those foreign guys have any problems with work permits???

Colm
15/07/2003, 2:19 PM
Originally posted by ccfc till i die
Would those foreign guys have any problems with work permits???

I think work permits are only an English thing, players playing in Ireland are not required to have one. I could be wrong but that's my understanding of it anyway.

The Donie Forde
15/07/2003, 2:20 PM
Originally posted by Colm
I think work permits are only an English thing, players playing in Ireland are not required to have one. I could be wrong but that's my understanding of it anyway.

Surely, it's an EU thing?

Donie

SÓC
15/07/2003, 2:36 PM
Any EU player has just as much right to play in Ireland as an Irish player, afaik non-EU players are subject to the same rules as any other overseas worker coming to Ireland, certain number are allowed each year etc.

pete
15/07/2003, 5:30 PM
I would think foreign (non-EU) footballers would be trated the same as foreign workers in Irealnd.

Usually you need a job (offer) in Ireland before you can get a work permit/visa. AFAIK employers keep possession of the work permit also.

Dricky
16/07/2003, 8:25 AM
Originally posted by pete
I would think foreign (non-EU) footballers would be trated the same as foreign workers in Irealnd.

Usually you need a job (offer) in Ireland before you can get a work permit/visa. AFAIK employers keep possession of the work permit also.

He sold his soul to the devil thats how he got his visa.

It depends on the working Visa agreement between countries, UK and Eire have each got different arrangements in regards to Visa with Australia, because they are looking for the top boys in the UK they have to have played 75% of internationals. That can be appealed. In Ireland you don't have those restrictions because you don't come here to make money by playing sport therefore less people applying for the visa less demand less restrictions.

ccfc till i die
16/07/2003, 1:57 PM
And what's up with the Bosnian lad. Seems strange to sign someone just for them to play in the under-21s.

Dodge
16/07/2003, 1:59 PM
Originally posted by pete

All non-EEA nationals in Ireland (paid or voluntary) cannot work without the employer having obtained a work permit to employ them. It doesn't matter if you're Aussie, Nigerian, brickie, footballer, musician, chef....

Australians aren't visa required which means they can come into to country and stay for 90 days but if they wish to stay longer they have to register with garda National immigration bureau. (GNIB)

Usually footballers come here on trial and there is no problem, however if the club wishes to sign the player. they have top go through the Dept of enterprise, Trade and Elmployment for a work permit. This could take 3 months or more...

Only after that will the club be allowed play them...

Cityace
19/07/2003, 4:35 PM
Dodge, shut up and go home with"i know this, that, the other thing,"

Whats the bets you spent awhile looking that up so it would look like you know it.

Go post in your own forum.

Schumi
19/07/2003, 6:32 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
Dodge, shut up and go home with your facts and "i know this, that, the other thing," Yeah, this is no place for facts and knowledge. :D

Cityace
19/07/2003, 7:24 PM
I think you miss-quoted me schumi.:rolleyes:

Bless the wonders of editing.:D :D :D

Schumi
21/07/2003, 12:09 PM
Just a pity that "Last edited by Cityace on 19/07/2003 at 8:23 PM" comes up at the bottom!

Dodge
22/07/2003, 8:21 AM
Dodge, shut up and go home with"i know this, that, the other thing,"

Whats the bets you spent awhile looking that up so it would look like you know it.

Go post in your own forum.

:rolleyes: How is telling you how to employ an non EEA national stirring?

Jeesh...

Cityace
26/07/2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
:rolleyes: How is telling you how to employ an non EEA national stirring?

Jeesh...

tiktok
26/07/2003, 8:31 PM

shouldn't that read

Whats the betting you spent a while looking that up so you would know it.....what's wrong with reading up on stuff and spreading a little knowledge.;)

Dodge
28/07/2003, 8:05 AM
No I work in that area...

...and now who's obsessed with who?