PDA

View Full Version : finn harps

Seagull-4-life
31/03/2008, 3:53 PM
please let us win this...reckon we've a good chance???

Mr A
31/03/2008, 3:56 PM
No. :)

Stevo Da Gull
31/03/2008, 4:25 PM
Huge game for both teams, more pressure on us than Harps taking into account both teams start to the season and the fact that we're at home. Time to sort the boys from the men. We need to be ruthless, go for the jugular and oh yeah.. get 3 points;)

Come on the Wanderers :)

Do you know if there are many travelling MR A?

tippex
31/03/2008, 4:43 PM
you forgot something there Stevo we have to score first....

Mr A
31/03/2008, 4:44 PM
Do you know if there are many travelling MR A?

Can't be sure, but I hear there was a very good Harps crowd at Dalymount- a couple of hundred apparently. I'd be delighted if the same travelled again, but two weeks in a row it's probably a bit unlikely.

dublinwanderer
31/03/2008, 4:48 PM
i'm not feeling confident at all about this game. i really hope eddie sorts out the team quickly. i'm not even sure if eddie knows his strongest team yet...

i mighten be confident but i wouldnt be surprised if we hammer them, on paper there crap - but on the pitch at the moment we are the ones that are crap!!!:confused:

thank god we have harps at home twice - i hate the trip up to ballybofey.....

goals change games... we need to score early to have any chance imo

Sam_Heggy
31/03/2008, 6:08 PM
i wouldnt be surprised if we hammer them, on paper there crap -

Who on our team do you consider crap "on paper"? Just out of interest.

Superhoops
31/03/2008, 10:35 PM
This has all the ingredients of for a sh*te game but I would be happy if we scraped a 1-0 in the 10th minute of added time with an o.g. from a 40 yard back pass.

In all seriousness, if we don't win or even score, I can see Eddie going. Would be a shame but there is something radically wrong behind the scenes and no team spirit.

Hulsey
01/04/2008, 8:49 AM
This has all the ingredients of for a sh*te game but I would be happy if we scraped a 1-0 in the 10th minute of added time with an o.g. from a 40 yard back pass.

In all seriousness, if we don't win or even score, I can see Eddie going. Would be a shame but there is something radically wrong behind the scenes and no team spirit.

Harps have signed Frank Sinclair? That gives us a chance at least :D

On a serious note this is a must win game. If we don't win we can write off the season imo, can't see us picking up anything away to Bohs and if we lose to harps that would leave us with 1 from 6 games which is Derby County form.

Dublinwanderer, you say on paper Harps are crap, and maybe "on paper" our side is stronger, but you don't prove yourself on paper and I doubt anyone will dispute that apart from the cork game we've been worse than any other side in the league by far.

No idea why but I feel quite confident fridays when we turn it around and get our season back on track :cool:

Stevo Da Gull
05/04/2008, 4:56 PM
Kav, Skippy, Duggan, Cronin (and most of the team to be fair) can be proud of themselves after last night.

Build on it now lads, we've got a start with a very important win so let's kick on from here.

Seagull-4-life
05/04/2008, 5:04 PM
Hopefully that is the kickstart we needed but on another night we'd have lost that game.
The glass is half full though so come on lads

Sam_Heggy
05/04/2008, 5:26 PM
Kav, Skippy, Duggan, Cronin (and most of the team to be fair) can be proud of themselves after last night.

Build on it now lads, we've got a start with a very important win so let's kick on from here.

:eek: Are you serious? Both teams were muck, both definite relegation contenders on last nights showing.
I thought Doherty was yer best player tbh, but had we played the ball on the ground he would have struggled. Every ball was in the air and he didn't lose out on one header all night.

Stevo Da Gull
05/04/2008, 5:35 PM
:eek: Are you serious? Both teams were muck, both definite relegation contenders on last nights showing.
I thought Doherty was yer best player tbh, but had we played the ball on the ground he would have struggled. Every ball was in the air and he didn't lose out on one header all night.

Believe it or not, last night was an improvement for us. We can play when we get a bit of confidence and hopefully last night's win will help.

I like Doherty, he looks solid - but I hope we don't try to play off-sides, he can't hold a line for poop:eek: Maybe that will change when he gets used to the team though.
And of course Skippy should be proud he kept a clean sheet, saved a peno and in general had a very good game.

connaman
06/04/2008, 11:20 AM
Although we came out as winners against Harps i still feel that Cawley and Whelan havent hit it of yet as a partnership, hopefully things will improve in the coming games also we never really look as if we are going to get a goal from Rowe or even a good game come to that.

The Fox
06/04/2008, 3:58 PM
To be honest i thought Rowe did ok and i think that he will come good. I would sooner have him than the two harps strikers who dont seem to understand the concept of offside - they were awful!

Hulsey
07/04/2008, 11:27 AM
Anyone think the peno decision was a disgrace? You can generally tell by the players reaction and the harps lad who went down didn't appeal and Foran lost the plot, that says to me justice was done when getchins missed. Was also delighted he missed it as his pathetic little twirl after a nothing tackle, where if there was contact it was minor, got mc cabe booked. Hate that in a player :mad:!
Overall I thought we did ok considering the pressure was really on and the new lads are still settling in. Doherty and Foran looks like it could be a promising partnership, with Ivory looking more solid every game, and skippy looking full of confidence. If Cawley and Whelan can get a partnership going then we could have a very good season, of course thats a big if as it doesnt seem to be working at the moment and it's hard to justify leaving Duggan out when he's fit, the midfield misses his presence when he's out. Think Rowe just needs that first goal to get the confidence up, and if we can get Myler to put in the shifts he's proven he can over the years then the likes of rowe, franco, mulroy and emeka could prosper. To be honest I think that on paper we have a solid enough squad and one capable of shocking a few people if we can get the balance right. This may take a little while and everyone has to remember the club is building towards something rather than already being at the level of challenging for Europe. With time this could come but we have to remember to be patient

Stevo Da Gull
07/04/2008, 12:37 PM
I though it was a peno, the players did seem incensed but my first reaction was that it was a pen. I thought he slid in and didn't touch the ball.

True about the McCabe tackle though. Ref fell for it and I guess it looked convincing from his angle, there was minimal if any contact though.

Grey Boy
07/04/2008, 5:30 PM
I read in 2 papers that justice was done by Gethins missing that peno. So those journos seem to think it was nothing. I wasn't there though so am looking forward to seeing it tonight. I think we needed a slice of luck anyway.

Stevo Da Gull
07/04/2008, 7:19 PM
Ok having seen it on TV it should have been a corner, not a peno!

superfrank
07/04/2008, 7:43 PM
I thought it was a peno when I first saw it but the replay clearly showed he got the ball.

centre mid
07/04/2008, 7:46 PM
never a penalty and corks looked very soft aswell

Hulsey
07/04/2008, 8:11 PM
The refs placement makes it a much more irritating decision, he wasn't unsighted he's just an idiot :mad: