PDA

View Full Version : sunday star

The Man Himself
30/03/2008, 11:06 AM
big write up about the rovers and bohs scum planning a riot before next weeks derby,
i hope the cops round them all up and kick the living shyte outta the whole lot of them.

Keen2win
30/03/2008, 11:35 AM
Is there a link to it:confused:

Red Army
30/03/2008, 11:46 AM
big write up about the rovers and bohs scum planning a riot before next weeks derby,
i hope the cops round them all up and kick the living shyte outta the whole lot of them.

And we all know the quality of journalism in the Star probably got their story of some kids bebo page

sullanefc
30/03/2008, 11:52 AM
And we all know the quality of journalism in the Star probably got their story of some kids bebo page

Isn't that how most of this sh*t starts?

blackholesun
30/03/2008, 12:33 PM
paper never refuses ink! :rolleyes:

bhs

skitz3
30/03/2008, 1:09 PM
Again followed by a picture of british Hoolies fighting.

kdjaC
30/03/2008, 1:33 PM
In fairness the Star is one of the better papers in regards EL , they actually do at least 2 pages of match review on a sat and between fri and sat had more pages on EL then any of the fancy papers (only the mirror beats it with the EL thing on a friday).

kdjac

max power
30/03/2008, 1:46 PM
In fairness the Star is one of the better papers in regards EL , they actually do at least 2 pages of match review on a sat and between fri and sat had more pages on EL then any of the fancy papers (only the mirror beats it with the EL thing on a friday).

kdjac

And gives Roddy his own personal space to talk down the league and any club that the supporters don't want him to purchase:rolleyes:

kdjaC
30/03/2008, 1:55 PM
And gives Roddy his own personal space to talk down the league and any club that the supporters don't want him to purchase:rolleyes:

And yet you watch MNS to see the EL even tho Roddy is on it :rolleyes:

kdjac

Greenforever
30/03/2008, 2:14 PM

ISn't that where the kids organised the trouble that left a shels fan without his eye.

I just hope that both Rovers and Bohs club officails are monitoring bebo sites to try and prevent these scumbags getting in to the game and providing the GArdai with any information.

There is no point is saying it's the Gardai's job as the only ones to lose from this are the EL, Rovers and Bohs.

Maybe if the clubs posted pictures, and any other information they can get of troublemakers on their websites as well as banning them and circulating them to all league clubs as well as the fai ticket office it would help to rid the EL of these scumbags.

Greenforever
30/03/2008, 2:44 PM
If the clubs and guards were doing this it wouldn't be happening. And of course it's up to the gardai - it's a public order offence and innocent people are getting caught up in it on the streets of dublin

I agreethe guards SHOULD be doing it but they AREN'T doing it and it's the clubs and the league who are losing out.

I won't be going to the game because I don't need the s***

There are huge numbers like me who could be attracted to the league on a permanent basis but who only take in a small mnumber of games and deliberately sterr away from games likely to attract trouble.

thischarmingman
30/03/2008, 2:51 PM
There are huge numbers like me who could be attracted to the league on a permanent basis but who only take in a small mnumber of games and deliberately sterr away from games likely to attract trouble.
I sympathise with what you're saying, and you may even have had a bad experience at a game but I have never come across anyone who's excuse for not going to matches was the threat of trouble at them. Granted, the hooligan problem has got worse in recent years, but it's not as endemic as people make out. Saying you stay away from most games because of a potential for trouble is, in my opinion, a rather lame excuse.

BohsPartisan
30/03/2008, 3:07 PM
In fairness that's easy for you to say when you don't live in dublin. Walking around in the capital in a rovers/shels jersey even in mid week is a safety hazard cause of the scum element

You're having a laugh surely?

thischarmingman
30/03/2008, 3:07 PM
In fairness that's easy for you to say when you don't live in dublin. Walking around in the capital in a rovers/shels jersey even in mid week is a safety hazard cause of the scum element
I actually live in the Liberties and have done for 2 years. My girlfriend lives in Phibsboro. I've worn my Derry top around both areas with no problems at all. Don't know where you live, but again, you seem to be overstating the problem somewhat.

soccerc
30/03/2008, 3:27 PM

Sweet mother of Jesus, you'd know from experience of wearing both like?

Raheny Red
30/03/2008, 3:31 PM

Sunday afternoons are the most dangerous :rolleyes:

Greenforever
30/03/2008, 3:42 PM
I sympathise with what you're saying, and you may even have had a bad experience at a game but I have never come across anyone who's excuse for not going to matches was the threat of trouble at them. Granted, the hooligan problem has got worse in recent years, but it's not as endemic as people make out. Saying you stay away from most games because of a potential for trouble is, in my opinion, a rather lame excuse.

It's not an excuse, it's fact and if the EL want's to thrive it has to encourage people back into stadiums and not ignore the problems.

Im a lapsed season ticket holder for Rovers from Milltown days, and used to have family season tickets for Shels, but as you get a bit older maybe you'll say I don't need this s*** for a friday night too.

4 in a row
30/03/2008, 3:53 PM
It's not an excuse, it's fact and if the EL want's to thrive it has to encourage people back into stadiums and not ignore the problems.

Im a lapsed season ticket holder for Rovers from Milltown days, and used to have family season tickets for Shels, but as you get a bit older maybe you'll say I don't need this s*** for a friday night too.
when was the last time you where at a rovers and bohs game?? i havnt seen any trouble when im at the games, its very easy to stay away from trouble if there was trouble...

thischarmingman
30/03/2008, 4:04 PM

Come on, it's really not that bad. You're making it sound like going into a warzone. On any occasion on which there might be trouble, it's between rival gangs. How many random punters such as yourself do you reckon have been harmed or threatened with violence at an Eircom League football match over the last couple of years...I'd hazard a guess it wouldn't be very many. Then again, never let the facts stand in the way and all that....

Evening Herald reader perchance?

pete
30/03/2008, 4:09 PM

Maybe that is why I ave never seen any one walking around Cork in a Rovers/Shels jersey during the week days? :rolleyes:

Greenforever
30/03/2008, 4:11 PM
when was the last time you where at a rovers and bohs game?? i havnt seen any trouble when im at the games, its very easy to stay away from trouble if there was trouble...

2 seasons ago - no trouble, but was caught uo around Gardiner St last yr, and im not saying theres loads of agro inside the ground, but its the athmosphere around some of the games

Was in a pub in Drogheda having a few pints a couple of weeks ago. watching the Rugby before heading up to Rovers N Drogs when the bar man locked the door because rovers fans were passing by.... great win for rovers though and no trouble that i saw

Greenforever
30/03/2008, 4:13 PM
Come on, it's really not that bad. You're making it sound like going into a warzone. On any occasion on which there might be trouble, it's between rival gangs. How many random punters such as yourself do you reckon have been harmed or threatened with violence at an Eircom League football match over the last couple of years...I'd hazard a guess it wouldn't be very many. Then again, never let the facts stand in the way and all that....

Evening Herald reader perchance?

Never said I was threatened or its like a warzone, its just not the athmpsphere Im interested in, as for papers, Star, Indo Times Herald, Business Post, Sunday World etc

LeixlipRed
30/03/2008, 4:14 PM
I refuse to leave my house anymore in Shels gear. I'm afraid. Last time I went out I was beaten by a 10 year old. He held me down and said that if I didn't say that Dermot Keely was a "big nose ****" (his words) he'd punch me with his tiny fists. He said Shels "were scum" and that he had to hurry cause he ma was cooking his dinner. That's how I eventually got away. Traumatic experience.

thischarmingman
30/03/2008, 4:17 PM
He said Shels "were scum" and that he had to hurry cause he ma was cooking his dinner.

That implies they're not any more though. So in a way, he was pointing out a perceived improvement in your team's makeup.

Every cloud and that...

LeixlipRed
30/03/2008, 4:29 PM
That implies they're not any more though. So in a way, he was pointing out a perceived improvement in your team's makeup.

Every cloud and that...

Very true. He also lectured me on Nietzsche's Superman. Very bright boy actually :D

thischarmingman
30/03/2008, 4:32 PM
Very true. He also lectured me on Nietzsche's Superman.:D

He talked to you about Clive Delaney as well?

:D

kingdomkerry
30/03/2008, 4:41 PM
I refuse to leave my house anymore in Shels gear. I'm afraid. Last time I went out I was beaten by a 10 year old. He held me down and said that if I didn't say that Dermot Keely was a "big nose ****" (his words) he'd punch me with his tiny fists. He said Shels "were scum" and that he had to hurry cause he ma was cooking his dinner. That's how I eventually got away. Traumatic experience.

That same fellow got me. He held me down on some lawn, held my nose so i could'nt breath, picked up bits of grass and when i had to open my mouth to breath the cheeky ******* put grass in. Ive never wore my colours since and I still have nightmares!!

LeixlipRed
30/03/2008, 4:45 PM
He talked to you about Clive Delaney as well?

:D

Clive is more of an Uberman :D

The Man Himself
30/03/2008, 5:13 PM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mSy0lxfWWMo

Raheny Red
30/03/2008, 5:26 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=mSy0lxfWWMo

That was a considerable distance from the ground.

deecay
04/04/2008, 11:25 PM
Any trouble?

niallsparky
04/04/2008, 11:27 PM
Any trouble?

Not that I've heard. Big Garda presence outside the ground and they seemed very professional in their approach.

BohDiddley
06/04/2008, 12:07 PM
Any trouble?
My wife wasn't pleased we got home so late.
She won't use Bebo to communicate her displeasure (was it the Star gave us that one?) so she's gone back to that other sinister instrument of hoolie communications, the mobile phone.
But my house is a considerable distance from Tolka Park also.
Seriously, anyone who says they don't go to football because of the 'violence' needs to get out a bit more.

TonyD
06/04/2008, 12:51 PM
Seriously, anyone who says they don't go to football because of the 'violence' needs to get out a bit more.

Well, they would, but it's a bloody jungle out there, haven't you heard ? ;)

sonofstan
06/04/2008, 9:46 PM
Clive is more of an Uberman :D

More of an up and überman.....