PDA

View Full Version : Euro 2004 Tickets

Junior
14/07/2003, 8:46 AM
Had 3 different applications in for Ireland Tickets, and heard from Uefa over the weekend that all 3 were unsuccessful, feckin gutted....

Anyone else hear anything?

gspain
14/07/2003, 9:25 AM
mine rejected as well.

Damn looks like there were a lot more applicants than I thought.

Ruairi
16/07/2003, 12:23 PM
as far as I know there's another batch of tickets going on sale August 1, which I think is a lottery.

Junior
16/07/2003, 1:19 PM
Originally posted by Ruairi
as far as I know there's another batch of tickets going on sale August 1, which I think is a lottery.

These are for matches that are not sold out, and as we don't know where Ireland will play IF we qualify you would be guessing which tckets to buy........

gspain
16/07/2003, 1:32 PM
Yes it would be potluck to buy these tickets but you might get lucky or may have decent tickets to swop eg England, Germany or Holland.

Junior
16/07/2003, 1:40 PM
There is still hope yet!!!!, The FA's of competing nations in euro04 will be getting an allocation of tickets directly, but this won't be until Nov03 when all qulaifying games are completed.

http://www.uefa.com/newsfiles/81934.pdf

Junior
16/07/2003, 1:45 PM
Originally posted by gspain
Yes it would be potluck to buy these tickets but you might get lucky or may have decent tickets to swop eg England, Germany or Holland.

true, I got a ticket for the UEFA cup final in Seville (ducks for cover....) by getting a CL final one at Old Trafford via the uefa.com ballot and then getting a swap with a guy from another forum.

Colm
16/07/2003, 2:56 PM
Originally posted by Junior
true, I got a ticket for the UEFA cup final in Seville (ducks for cover....) by getting a CL final one at Old Trafford via the uefa.com ballot and then getting a swap with a guy from another forum.

Probably shouldn't get into this but what the hell...

I can't believe you went to the UEFA cup final over the Champions League final!

tiktok
16/07/2003, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Colm
Probably shouldn't get into this but what the hell...

I can't believe you went to the UEFA cup final over the Champions League final!

Let's look at is as going to seville instead of manchester and leave it at that;) :)

gspain
17/07/2003, 9:08 AM
Originally posted by Silvio Dante
He must be....Shock Horror... A Celtic fan. What is the world coming to....;)

no problem with somebody being a Celtic fan unless he feels compelled to use racial or sectarian abuse at opposing players.

I agree that Seville is a lot more attractive than Manchester and I imagine it was some party there as the vast majority of Celtic fans are not lunatic sectarian bigots but I'd still choose the Champions League final any day unless the UEFA final next year is Shels v Derry.

Junior
17/07/2003, 12:03 PM
It appears to me that the 'anti Celtic' posters on this forum are far more obsessed with bringing Celtic into discussions than the Celtic fans are, wasn't this thread about Euro04 tickets?

For the record, In my opinion the 3-2, extra time game in Seville, with glorious sunshine and estimates 70k Celtic fans enjoying the occasion was a far greater spectacle that the dire CL final at Old Trafford.

Macy
17/07/2003, 12:27 PM
You brought it up!!!!!!!!

Manchester p!sses on Seville.....

Junior
17/07/2003, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Macy
You brought it up!!!!!!!!

Manchester p!sses on Seville.....

1) I never mentioned Celtic in my original comments.

2) Why does Manchester P!ss on Seville?

joe
17/07/2003, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Junior

For the record, In my opinion the 3-2, extra time game in Seville, with glorious sunshine and estimates 70k Celtic fans enjoying the occasion was a far greater spectacle that the dire CL final at Old Trafford.

how could you possibly know that in advance. if i had a choice of seeing two italian teams playing the champions league final or a scottish and portugeuse club playing in the uefa i know which one i'd be heading to

patsh
17/07/2003, 1:30 PM
For jaysus sake, the man was talking about Euro2004 tickets, he happened to mention how he got UEFA Cup final tickets, and a few jumped in with the anti-Celtic posts again.

Just looking at some of the posts on this site, there seems to be a group of posters who use every opportunity they can get to get in a dig at Celtic.
What has the club done to them?:confused:
I have no particular interest in any other club besides City, but cannot understand this ott attitude against Celtic.

Éanna
17/07/2003, 1:41 PM
I'm perfectly willing to discuss the celtic issue, but there are some people who's hatred/dislike of celtic has reached obsessive levels

Junior
17/07/2003, 2:47 PM
Originally posted by joe
how could you possibly know that in advance. if i had a choice of seeing two italian teams playing the champions league final or a scottish and portugeuse club playing in the uefa i know which one i'd be heading to

obviously I didn't, I was talking with hindsight.

I actually had a ticket for the UEFA cup myself, but a friend didn't. I swapped the 2 tickets I had for the CL for 1 UEFA ticket plus face value for the other, so that my mate had a ticket for Seville.

As a football fan, I would have loved to have gone to the CL final as well (particularly as OT is about 3 miles from where I live!), but I was prepared to forfeit the chance, and I can't say I was to disappointed when it ended up being a crap final!!

Anyway back to Euro04, anyone not get a rejection from UEFA?

gspain
17/07/2003, 3:41 PM
2 colleagues are probably getting tickets as they haven't received rejections.

My sister is currently on holiday and I'm hoping she gets 2 as one will be mine. If not then it's the F.A.I. if we make it.

I reckon the rejections levels are 80-90% for Irish fans. Far more applications than I expected at this stage.

Will be interesting to see the figures.

Haven't heard of anyone getting a letter yet to confirm tickets so the people without e-mails must be sweating that they filled int he forms correctly - but on balance if you didn't get an e-mail you're getting tickets.

MariborKev
17/07/2003, 5:08 PM
Happy days then Gary

I haven't had an e-mail as yet so hopefully that is a good sign

Lots of accounts of people who made multiple applications with different cc's and address having all their entries withdrawn

lopez
20/07/2003, 11:18 AM
Got my confirmation yesterday. I applied for Cat.3 and got Cat.1 which is quite a difference in price, but hey, no complaints please: I'm simply overjoyed.;) If you haven't received a red card yet, I'd say you could be in luck.

In addition, :mad: I would like to thank those eejits that left all that anti-Celtic cojones on this thread...NOT. Sorry KIDS, but could you please leave your MIERDA on the countless other threads that litter this site for your SPECIAL NEEDS.:p This thread is for Euro 2004...you know...international football, countries, Henri Delauni cup.

A special muchas gracias has to go to the contribution from the Amadam :rolleyes: who thinks Manchester p!sses on Seville. You made my day, Hombre. Either you have never been to both cities (so as you can make a valued comparison) or Manchester is the only other place on earth you've ever visited. But then there is simply no accounting for taste when it's the home of the 'theatre of dreams.':p

MariborKev
20/07/2003, 9:47 PM
I am same as Lopez- got me tickets. happy days:D

They also included free car stickers with the letters

fergalr
22/07/2003, 1:48 PM
I also got cat 1 tickets after having applied for cat 3. Did anyone hear of people getting cat 3 tickets?

cclinton
22/07/2003, 3:34 PM
For those that got lucky ... has your credit card been charged yet?

lopez
23/07/2003, 12:17 AM
Yeah there is a pattern emerging here which doesn't take the brains of Einstein to figure out. You applied for cat 3 or 2, ticked the box and hey, like me, you are overjoyed at getting stitched for 3.8K euros for four tickets. I'd like to know if anyone ticked the box and DIDN'T get cat. 1 tickets.

Pardon me but I think there were two cat 3 seats. :mad: So not-so-young, yet so cynical.

Cclinton, money doesn't part until August 31...allegedly.

gspain
23/07/2003, 8:56 AM
I ticked the box and got nothing. :(

They will sell cat 3 as well although haven't heard of anyone getting them. Most of the stadia are Cat 1 anyway as it stretches from behind the corner flags right down the sides of the pitch. Had Cat 1s in Japan and the 3s were better. Good seats in Suwon though. Cat 3s will nearly all go to competing teams anyway.

Conspiracy theory number 2 is re Mastercard - official sponsors etc. i applied with my Visa card and only people I know who got tickets were Mastercard holders.

BTW 2 colleagues are who thought they got tickets then found rejection e-mails in their bulk mail folders -

Junior
23/07/2003, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by gspain
I ticked the box and got nothing. :(

Conspiracy theory number 2 is re Mastercard - official sponsors etc. i applied with my Visa card and only people I know who got tickets were Mastercard holders.

-

Uefa.com did say that 1,000 tickets were being kept aside for those that applied with Mastercard "the official sponsor blah blah......"

lopez
23/07/2003, 10:43 AM
Booked mine with VISA, although I was very tempted to use my Masterbate, as I'm fond of conspiracy theories myself, but it would have meant asking the bank for more credit. :o

konichiwa
24/07/2003, 11:49 AM
Me and 4 of my mates all applied individually for Cat. 3 follow my team tickets but all got refused. I was quietly confident that one of us would get them as the Irish tickets didn't become oversubscribed until just before the closing deadline for applications.

MariborKev
24/07/2003, 4:04 PM
I applied with my visa as well

cclinton
24/07/2003, 5:19 PM
Got my confirm letter today. Four Cat 1.
fwiw: I made one app and did it with an MC.

Canadian
28/07/2003, 5:50 PM
We are a group of 12 in Canada. We rented a 6 bedroom villa in the Algarve for the first two weeks of the tournament. We actually paid for it 18 months ago. The English lady that owned it had no idea about Euro 2004 and gave us a deal for booking early.

We requested tickets for the first two games in Faro and one in Lisbon when the No. 1 seed from Group D is playing. We figure that way we will see one of either France,Germany or Italy, if they qualify.

Haven't heard squat from Portugal and am hoping that it just takes longer to mail across the pond.

They aren't leaving you much time. How can you plan to buy tickets on a first come first serve basis on Friday, when you still don't know if you have your tickets from the first request.

Barna Bee
01/08/2003, 12:17 PM
none available to" follow my team" in any category for Ireland

hope the FAI get a big allocation

what a pain in the hole

gspain
01/08/2003, 12:27 PM
Back on sale just booked 2 each for Leiria, Porto, Leiria on June 13,15,17 respectively.

Our U21s played in Leiria in 95 and it's not far from Lisbon - beach area not too far away - again U21 match in 2000 in Mirina Grande - (much nicer spot).

Very few Cat 3s available - only 5 games.

The Algarve is also totally sold out - surprise surprise.

6 tickets for €228 incl all taxes and chagres - not bad.

Anyway I won't be going unless we make it but no doubt somebody will use the tickets.

mikeymike15
19/09/2003, 9:16 PM
Any tickets remaining? I'm interested in buying whatever you may have left over....

mikeymike15
20/11/2003, 4:25 PM
I'm looking for 4 tickets to game 26 of Euro 2004 ......

email: hockeyloon15@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Mike