PDA

View Full Version : MNS Feature - Rams V City?

A face
29/03/2008, 1:36 PM
Are MNS doing a feature on Rams V City? Thought i heard that somewhere.

superfrank
29/03/2008, 1:39 PM
I was told that Tony O'Donoughue was in the PA box at Bray vs. Pats last night.

6yardpunisha
29/03/2008, 3:09 PM
Are MNS doing a feature on Rams V City? Thought i heard that somewhere.

heard they are meant to have a camera on one of the trains coming down from the city

razor
31/03/2008, 10:21 AM
Tony did a few interviews in the Evergreen on Saturday afternoon followed by some at half time and more at full time.
Should make for interesting viewing tonight.
He also said he was heading to the train station and the ferry too.

ramblersnb1
31/03/2008, 7:36 PM
The highlights weren't great in fairness they seemed to leave out more then half of Ramblers chances.

MojoPin
31/03/2008, 7:42 PM
very good in fairness... match highlights werent great but the two angles on dubs shot were great

rambler14
31/03/2008, 8:12 PM
Well lads it was a 0-0 draw. How long did ye expect???

Nice to see Mick Devine got special mention in the Good the Bad and the Ugly.:D:D

The Rebel Ram
31/03/2008, 10:11 PM
I was dissapointed with the lack of match highlights, might be better off it was such a poor game.
I thought they showed up the club brilliant though, there was great praise for how it was all ran, and deservedly so.
Lets hope we can keep a good crowd now. A win in Sligo would help the gates no end..........

pete
31/03/2008, 11:18 PM
Excellent feature if you ignore the lack of match highlights (sounds like not much missed anyway). Kudos for Tony & RTE for making the effort.

gee wizz
01/04/2008, 8:05 AM
Excellent feature if you ignore the lack of match highlights (sounds like not much missed anyway). Kudos for Tony & RTE for making the effort.

well said pete i have to agree with everything you posted,i think the interviews with the fans made up for the lack of match highlights and must take my hat off to dave barry for his comments as well all in all its positive points for the ramblers club and all the supporters who jammed themselves into colmans park on saturday night lets hope the rest of the derbies are better affairs on the pitch but for the fans as enjoyable off it.

rambler14
01/04/2008, 8:29 AM
The Cork City fans wern't happy after the game.....where they???:D
Jeez the bald fella was like a dog and the woman they interviewed was on the verge of crying. Although she was quite offensive toward Ramblers. By saying that City should be taking three points off us.:eek: (Thats not how local derbies work be it in Cobh, Manchester, Glasgow or Dublin. No one is guaranteed 3 points in a derby...........ever)

ramsfan
01/04/2008, 1:42 PM
leave them say what they like, it wont change the fact we more than matched them:D

micls
01/04/2008, 3:03 PM
Although she was quite offensive toward Ramblers. By saying that City should be taking three points off us.:eek: (Thats not how local derbies work be it in Cobh, Manchester, Glasgow or Dublin. No one is guaranteed 3 points in a derby...........ever)

The point is that we sh9ould, regardless. Less than 3 points simply isnt good enough against ye. That was the point being made.

It's nothing got to do with ye, but ffs your entire wage budget is about 2 of our players. Of course we should be beating you. Actually doing it though is another thing

ramsfan
01/04/2008, 3:38 PM
that bird on the piece on mns is some silly bitch, what a load of crap she talks. it must be drivin here bonkers that we got a point off ye. she was nearly crying on the telly, we should be this and we should be that , no one gives ye the god given right to be top of the league you have to earn it and the fact is we certainly arent good enough but city arent much a head of us
ocallaghan is living in a dream world give him a couple of months and he will believe he is bigger than city again, maybe this time he could joy the other dreamer roody collins and join livingston, never go back to somewhere where you have been successfull before as it is very hard to relive past glories and i believe that will be citys story this year

depor
01/04/2008, 4:31 PM
it was typical of their superiority complex. they are the only ones who dont see it. so patronising. theres no point even playing city because if they dont win they say they dont care about that competition, theres no future in this or that, and/or blame the playing surface.

and to be honest i didnt think it was that bad a game, now it wasnt great but it wasnt as bad as they make it out. i can gaurantee that if they got a winner it would have become a good game. i thought the athmosphere and buzz were great. and thats half the battle in football, the buzz you get from going.

micls
01/04/2008, 4:58 PM
that bird on the piece on mns is some silly bitch, what a load of crap she talks.
What did she say that was crap?

it must be drivin here bonkers that we got a point off ye.
Of course she was. We all were. I dont see a problem with that

she was nearly crying on the telly, we should be this and we should be that
And? We should have played better,we were pathetic. Again what's wrong with saying this?

, no one gives ye the god given right to be top of the league you have to earn it and the fact is we certainly arent good enough but city arent much a head of us

Did I miss the part where she said we shold be top of the league?
In fact her problem was that we weren't 'earning it' as you put it.

Is it wrong to expect better than 4 points from 4 games from a team that costs about4/5 times as much as ye'res does.

Her comments had **** all to do with Ramblers. It's about us, our poor performances, how poor we have been tactically and how it simply isn't good enough.

bellavistaman
01/04/2008, 4:59 PM
What did she say that was crap?

Of course she was. We all were. I dont see a problem with that

And? We should have played better,we were pathetic. Again what's wrong with saying this?

Did I miss the part where she said we shold be top of the league?
In fact her problem was that we weren't 'earning it' as you put it.

Is it wrong to expect better than 4 points from 4 games from a team that costs about4/5 times as much as ye'res does.

Her comments had **** all to do with Ramblers. It's about us, our poor performances, how poor we have been tactically and how it simply isn't good enough.

I agree with these sentiments to be fair.

micls
01/04/2008, 5:04 PM
it was typical of their superiority complex. they are the only ones who dont see it. so patronising.
Of course we have a surperiority complex ffs. Ye're a much smaller club and ye're wage budget is abou the equivelant of Healy and Farrellys wages, one of whom is a bench player.

Of course we expect our team t perform to a higher standard.

Again that is taking nothing away from Ramblers. Its just not about ye. Its about our own standard of performances

theres no point even playing city because if they dont win they say they dont care about that competition, theres no future in this or that, and/or blame the playing surface.

Can you show me somewhere a city fan has done this since Saturday? From what Ive read almost all city fans have blamed the poor performance of our team and congratulated you on the performance of yours.

and to be honest i didnt think it was that bad a game, now it wasnt great but it wasnt as bad as they make it out.
I thought it was awful. As did a lot of 'neutrals' I know who will now use it as an excuse not to come back to the cross. Thats one of the most disappointing parts.

The only interesting bit was the last 10 minutes and that was mostly ye.

i can gaurantee that if they got a winner it would have become a good game.

Not for me it wouldnt. I was texting during half time about how poor it was. A bad game is a bad game, regardless of the result.

i thought the athmosphere and buzz were great. and thats half the battle in football, the buzz you get from going.

I'd agree with that. Good atmosphere and I enjoyed the build up. It's the football itself Im talking about

Da-Mini
01/04/2008, 7:33 PM
Fair post I think. Cheers bud. :D

Pablo Escobar
01/04/2008, 7:47 PM
Fair post I think. Cheers bud. :D

Do you call all your female friends "bud"? :D

Da-Mini
01/04/2008, 11:34 PM
Do you call all your female friends "bud"? :D

Some of them yes. :D

razor
02/04/2008, 8:23 AM
that bird on the piece on mns is some silly bitch, what a load of crap she talks. it must be drivin here bonkers that we got a point off ye. she was nearly crying on the telly, we should be this and we should be thatI thought she spoke very well, focused on City and how poor we are. No disrespect (unlike yourself) was given to Ramblers.
She was upset, we were all upset, I had to leave the pub and go home I was so upset, not particularly about the specific result cos I thought ye deserved a draw, but about our start to the season in general.

bellavistaman
02/04/2008, 12:32 PM
Being honest if mns interviewed me, it would have come across that i was disrespecting city(i wonder why) But i would have said i thought we deserved the draw, if anyone was going to win it would have been ramblers, Matthews should stick to the bank industry, Mooney is a diving cheat, Gamble should join Ramlers, along with John O'Flynn, all in all we're great we're the best city are ****!!! :D:D:D

So give the girl a break, she only backed her team, and for a city fan to expect 3 points off us?? How dare she, we expect 3 points off them funnily enough, they have ten times our money why arent they allowed to expect 3 points off us??

6yardpunisha
02/04/2008, 1:20 PM
Being honest if mns interviewed me, it would have come across that i was disrespecting city(i wonder why) But i would have said i thought we deserved the draw, if anyone was going to win it would have been ramblers, Matthews should stick to the bank industry, Mooney is a diving cheat, Gamble should join Ramlers, along with John O'Flynn, all in all we're great we're the best city are ****!!! :D:D

So give the girl a break, she only backed her team, and for a city fan to expect 3 points off us?? How dare she, we expect 3 points off them funnily enough, they have ten times our money why arent they allowed to expect 3 points off us??

End of Rant:D

rambler14
03/04/2008, 6:11 PM
Apparently the official attendence was 3,400 and the gate receipts amounted to €40,000.
That means there were 900 people who bought tickets and didn't show up. But again it seems as if the season ticket holders arn't being counted. I mean when I walked in all I did was show my card. It wasn't even marked off on paper.
I personally felt that we managed 4,500.

6yardpunisha
03/04/2008, 6:24 PM
Apparently the official attendence was 3,400 and the gate receipts amounted to €40,000.
That means there were 900 people who bought tickets and didn't show up. But again it seems as if the season ticket holders arn't being counted. I mean when I walked in all I did was show my card. It wasn't even marked off on paper.
I personally felt that we managed 4,500.

agree on 4500 attendance as place was jammers but can you explain what you meant up above

rambler14
03/04/2008, 6:30 PM
That means there were 900 people who bought tickets and didn't show up.

From the gate receipts i.e ticket sales the club raised €40,000. We were told 2 weeks ago that the ground was to be reduced to a 4,500 capacity and so only 3,900 tickets were going on sale. It was announce the day before the game that the game was sold out. Which means that there should have been at least 3,900 in attendence with club officials, players families and season ticket holders making up the rest.

6yardpunisha
03/04/2008, 7:11 PM
From the gate receipts i.e ticket sales the club raised €40,000. We were told 2 weeks ago that the ground was to be reduced to a 4,500 capacity and so only 3,900 tickets were going on sale. It was announce the day before the game that the game was sold out. Which means that there should have been at least 3,900 in attendence with club officials, players families and season ticket holders making up the rest.

capacity was reduced to 3500 not 4500

rambler14
03/04/2008, 7:20 PM
capacity was reduced to 3500 not 4500

Was it? My mistake. Still doesn't explain the 100 missing.

6yardpunisha
03/04/2008, 7:28 PM
Was it? My mistake. Still doesn't explain the 100 missing.

the entire cast of "LOST":D

chimpster
03/04/2008, 7:31 PM
Sponsors, club officials/staff, journalists, VIPs, a few freebies.... They all count as bodies through the gate and probably explain the shortfall.

ramsfan
03/04/2008, 9:05 PM
lets not go down this road again, official attendence was 3400 end of, otherwise we will have a week of things like "i saw a dog there does that count " or "certain people have a split personality does that mean they count as 2 people" and so on

drinkfeckarse
04/04/2008, 7:42 AM
Are people still not getting the fact that EVERYTHING is accounted for in official attendance. The all ticket lark was the FAI's idea so that nothing could be fabricated anymore so whatever they say the attendance was, was the actual attendance. Attendance includes season ticket holders.

luka
04/04/2008, 8:22 AM
Apparently the official attendence was 3,400

There was no official attendence announced so anything regarding this issue on here is nothing more than speculation lads.

rambler14
04/04/2008, 9:31 AM
There was no official attendence announced so anything regarding this issue on here is nothing more than speculation lads.

There was an interview with our esteemed chairman in the paper and it was said by him that the attendence was 3,400.

depor
04/04/2008, 3:46 PM
true it was the official attendance, but the fact is 4500 tickets were issued and all were sold, make of it what you wish.:D

MojoPin
04/04/2008, 4:15 PM
that aint fact if it was that would mean there would of been over 5500 in the ground and i doubt that

Pablo Escobar
04/04/2008, 5:48 PM
Here lads, I know ye need a bit of assistance........

If 5 of ye got trained up on this, it might avoid the confusion and some pointless arguements. ;)

http://www.intuitor.com/counting/

depor
05/04/2008, 3:04 PM
na boy , i know how to count.