PDA

View Full Version : Pat Dolan

Cityace
13/07/2003, 4:38 PM
I was Wondering What people think about Pat dolan as our manager, now that we're in the 2nd quater and we have seen what he is able to do?

This is for City fans only,So **** off dodge,and the likes

@ndy
13/07/2003, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Cityace
This is for City fans only,So **** off dodge,and the likes

say again, i didn't quite hear you there?

RedX
13/07/2003, 11:17 PM
I think its far to early to judge Pat Dolan.The start of next season will be totally different with hopefully new better players in, and some of the squad players moved on.There is no doubt that the profile of Cork City FC has risen since Dolan has arrived.We always knew in eircom league standards we were a big club but now supporters around the country are starting to see our potential.Things are definetly looking up and everything will click together eventually and next season we will be more serious challengers.Dolan said he would give players a chance and now he has seen what he does and does not want.He is building his own team and that cant be done over 15 games.Also dont forget,no matter what Noel Spillane says we are still 2nd at the moment and we have a good chance in the cup also,as always.So i will reserve judgement until at least next season.At the present moment in time i think the man is doing a fantastic job for Cork City FC...

dahamsta
13/07/2003, 11:33 PM
Do you guys really want me to turn formatting off?

adam

@ndy
13/07/2003, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by Vetinari
Do you guys really want me to turn formatting off?

No, sorry, i think that was just some built up frustration at the whole pats/cork banter coming out of me :rolleyes:

I think Dolan is a sound manager. I think he will do a super job at City if he is given the time. Some things he does make me wonder, and i'm not convinced he wants to play decent football, but i think that's just because he has never had a squad of the quality he needs to do this. All i have seen with Cork City FC since he has arrived has been positive, not that i put it all down to him, but he is the manager. I'd like to see him with his team, try to play football on the ground and down the wings on what is the best pitch in the league.

Éanna
14/07/2003, 7:24 PM
I'm pretty happy so far. We have the bones of a good side, we're getting more media attention, the crowds are up and there's a good athmosphere around the place. We're 2nd in the league which is more than I expected and we nearly made the league cup final .Results are better than previously, and performances have improved hugely. We have more full-timers than ever, the club is more professional, the players are fitter.............. whats not to like :)

Few criticisms: he's played hedderman at left-wing and one or two substitutions haven't come off. He has been a bit over the top in his dealings in the media about FAI and Dublin clubs (especially pats) but thats the way he is.

Overall, very happy. Spillane had a mid-term report in todays echo which gave city a mark of "works hard, could do better" but I would give a better mark- steady progress in the right direction.

Trax
15/07/2003, 8:10 AM
Only Spillage could do a half-term report after a third of the Season:rolleyes:

The Donie Forde
15/07/2003, 9:19 AM
Originally posted by Trax

Well, in fairness, I think he did call it 'mid-term' as opposed to half term and he did open the piece saying (approx) 'One third of the way through the season...'.
You may not agree with what he has to say but at least try to be accurate when criticising him over stuff...

Donie

Trax
15/07/2003, 11:08 AM
Whats the diff between Mid-term and half term?? Mid-term is just a bit more vague.In Fairness we have only 13/14 games gone in the League,the Cup hasnt even started,and only the Scum have played in Europe so far(and that was the Inter-toto which starts practically straight after the European leagues finish). So in conclusion you're wrong and I'm right :D

The Donie Forde
15/07/2003, 11:42 AM
Whats the diff between Mid-term and half term?? Mid-term is just a bit more vague.In Fairness we have only 13/14 games gone in the League,the Cup hasnt even started,and only the Scum have played in Europe so far(and that was the Inter-toto which starts practically straight after the European leagues finish). So in conclusion you're wrong and I'm right :D

Ever been to school, Drax? You only stay long enough for 1 mid-term? Might explain a lot...:D

Likesay, disagree with his opinions if you want - and I'm not here to defend them - but at least get your facts straight, like.

Donie

A face
15/07/2003, 12:01 PM

ahh ... take it easy on poor auld Noel :) in fairness if he had it right like.

Dolan ... I wouldn't expect much this year as it is his first season, if we finish in the top have i'd be happy .... If we get anything else it is a bonus, as long as we kick áss next season.

I am not looking forward to Oct. ..... It'll really test City.

Trax
15/07/2003, 2:08 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Ever been to school, Drax?

Likesay, disagree with his opinions if you want - and I'm not here to defend them - but at least get your facts straight, like.

Donie Well disagree with me if you want - But at least get my name right, like:D

The Donie Forde
15/07/2003, 2:34 PM
Well disagree with me if you want - But at least get my name right, like:D

Humblest apologies, Trax!

Donie

Trax
15/07/2003, 4:42 PM
Originally posted by The Donie Forde
Humblest apologies, Trax!

Donie No probs Boss....................... Just dont do it again Heh Heh!!:D