PDA

View Full Version : Cornin the Destroyer

Estar
12/07/2003, 11:41 PM
You came you destroyed you conquered.
This lad has a great head, being there done that.(Good head tennis). Imagine if you scored against Harps! (Which you did).

:D

How did we win this game.

Only for Russell it should have being 1-5.

We got a big big slice of luck to night. Never seen a game like it, watch Kilkenny for the rest of the season, if they can put the ball in the net!

Besdt for County.
Russell 10/10

Cronin 9/10
Kelly 9/10 (when he came on)
O'Connor 8/10

7/10 The rest of the lads try and keep it real!

Grab the bull by the horns, make it work.

Great result, sad preformance, keep the faith !

If the match is going wrong,dig in. I thought Dermot was going to have a heart attack
:cool:

Ronda, Philly wasn't off side he was in his own half !

:p

J.O.F.A.S
13/07/2003, 4:52 AM
Nice to see ur enthusiasim and your loyalty etc etc, but who the phuck cares

pete
13/07/2003, 12:31 PM
Gareth can still hold his own at the top level but i'm sure all not training with the city squad was affecting his performances.

His lack of pace in the Premier was evident also so the 1st division should help him out here also.

Estar
13/07/2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by J.O.F.A.S
but who the phuck cares

How long is a piece of string?:p

Estar
13/07/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by pete
Gareth can still hold his own at the top level but i'm sure all not training with the city squad was affecting his performances.

His lack of pace in the Premier was evident also so the 1st division should help him out here also.

Going by his first two games he certainly will be a good aquisition.
I'm sure his pace will improve with the more games he plays. His attacking play was excellent last night and always trys to play football. Some nice facts in the programme about him. 194 apps for Cork City. Capped up to B level for Ireland. Played for Bradford under Frank Stapelton.

Estar
13/07/2003, 1:23 PM
Kildare go third

Kildare County 1-0 Kilkenny City
Gareth Cronin was the hero on the night as his strike propelled Dermot Keely’s Thoroughbreds into third place in the First Division.

It was Kilkenny City’s tenth loss in 14 games but they made Kelly’s team work hard for the win. Some solid defensive play combined with a lack of potency in the Kildare attack made for some nervy moments for the Station Road faithful until Cronin’s second half intervention.

On 56 minutes Cronin headed home to move his side into third place, just ahead of Bray Wanderers and crucially six points clear of fifth place Limerick.

eleven-a-side.com

"Some solid defensive play " What match was this reporter watching. It's a god damm lie. Worst display in a long time. I'd say the Kilkenny striker (they had four one on ones) who only had the keeper to beat only for the ball to bobble just when he was hitting it can't believe his luck. Russells save from a point blank header defied logic.

Heard Alan Keely will be back next week, which is good news.

Countyman
14/07/2003, 9:30 AM
County 1 Kilkenny 0

Thank You Wayne Russell. :)

Estar
14/07/2003, 10:54 PM
KILDARE COUNTY 1

KILKENNY CITY 0

KILKENNY dominated much of this game but went home with nothing, yet again, thanks to the brilliant Wayne Russell, who made a succession of saves in the home goal. Kildare went in front after 56 minutes. Alan McNevin's corner eventually fell to the new boy Gareth Cronin who headed home from close range for the winner.

Kildare County: Russell, Brennan, Cronin, Purdy, Whelehan, Scully, Rogers (Kelly 45), Kenny, Hughes (Ryan 70), O'Connor (Gorman 60), McNevin.

Kilkenny City: O'Neill, O'Finnerty, Maher, Andrews, Tobin, Dunphy, Raggett (Quilty 77), Andrews, Barry (Watson 63), Wood, Comerford.

Referee: H Whoriskey (Dublin).