PDA

View Full Version : eL / Ireland U-21 Futsal Squad Announced

Réiteoir
27/03/2008, 2:04 PM
Got the notification through today of the squad that's been selected.

2 Shamrock Rovers, 3 Bray, 1 Derry, 1 Shels, 1 Longford, 2 Bohs, 2 Cork City, 1 Galway United and 1 Bluebell United players are in there.

Bit strange that with the lack of St Pats players in the squad - you'd think that the National Champions in the sport set-up to allow the National Team to compete in international competitions would have at least one player in there...

sligoman
27/03/2008, 2:05 PM
Bit strange that with the lack of St Pats players in the squadNot really when you consider they were made up of mostly foreign nationals.

Bluebeard
27/03/2008, 2:14 PM
Not really when you consider they were made up of mostly foreign nationals.

Coming over here, playing our, eh, futsal...

pete
27/03/2008, 2:14 PM
Not really when you consider they were made up of mostly foreign nationals.

I believe no player in the Pats futsal squad qualifies.

Red&White Rover
27/03/2008, 2:16 PM
Got the notification through today of the squad that's been selected.

2 Shamrock Rovers, 3 Bray, 1 Derry, 1 Shels, 1 Longford, 2 Bohs, 2 Cork City, 1 Galway United and 1 Bluebell United players are in there.

Bit strange that with the lack of St Pats players in the squad - you'd think that the National Champions in the sport set-up to allow the National Team to compete in international competitions would have at least one player in there...
The whole Pats team was foreign nationals.

Can't believe i didn't make it though...:p

Dodge
27/03/2008, 2:50 PM
And of course Réiteoir knew that.

Well done to the lads that did make it

number16
27/03/2008, 4:13 PM
Have you the names of those selected?

Jerry The Saint
27/03/2008, 4:21 PM
Sounds a bit racist to me :mad:

Bluebeard
27/03/2008, 4:22 PM
Coming over here, eh, not taking our jobs...

Réiteoir
27/03/2008, 4:41 PM
John Perkins - Shamrock Rovers
Lloyd Massey - Bray Wanderers
Mark Langtry - Shamrock Rovers
Neil Harkin - Derry City
Brendan Dawson - Shelbourne
Shane O'Neill - Bray Wanderers
Dane Massey - Bray Wanderers
Alan Lynch - Longford Town
Philip McDonagh - Bohemians
Ian Byrne - Bohemians
Cathal Lordan - Cork City
Keith Gallagher - Bluebell United
Craig Duggan - Cork City
Cian McBrien - Galway United

Allstar
27/03/2008, 4:44 PM
Cathal Lordons gone back to msl side ballincollig so he cant be in the squad!!!!!

LeixlipRed
27/03/2008, 4:52 PM
Cathal Lordons gone back to msl side ballincollig so he cant be in the squad!!!!!

:confused:

Why would that rule him out?

And Brendan Dawson for Shels is muck. Massive geezer who spends the whole game trying to kick the opposition. Eh, exactly what futsal is all about :rolleyes:

Flume
27/03/2008, 5:26 PM
Has anyone seen one of these matches?

LeixlipRed
27/03/2008, 5:32 PM
The international futsal or the EL futsal? I seen about 6 or 7 games when it was on in DCU

GreenStar
27/03/2008, 6:32 PM
Qualification for the International futsal squad is exactly the same as for any other International squad, i.e. you have to be Irish or qualify through the parent/grandparent rule, etc.

The team that represented Pats in the eL futsal has nobody that qualifies, hence no representation.

LeixlipRed
27/03/2008, 6:57 PM
Pats will however be able to send that team to compete in Europe

charliesboots
28/03/2008, 2:55 PM
Pats will however be able to send that team to compete in Europe

yep and as far as I know whenever we've qualified for European competition we've always sent a team.

Dalymountrower
28/03/2008, 3:43 PM
yep and as far as I know whenever we've qualified for European competition we've always sent a team.

Was that your futsal team that lost ten nil to the giants of Moldova in European competition some years back?

Allstar
28/03/2008, 4:02 PM
:confused:

Why would that rule him out?

And Brendan Dawson for Shels is muck. Massive geezer who spends the whole game trying to kick the opposition. Eh, exactly what futsal is all about :rolleyes:

Ya most definately. It was in the paper the other day saying that he has left cork city and returned to his native ballincollig. Shame tho he's a super player. :p

LeixlipRed
28/03/2008, 4:09 PM
Yeh super dooper player.

Is that some dig at Shels?? One word Zimbru