PDA

View Full Version : South Africa 2010 The Countdown

Pages : [1] 2

Pike B
27/03/2008, 7:41 AM
:ball::ball::ball: The World Cup, The Greatest show on earth.. The qualifiers are in full swing now and once the Summer is gone Ireland will start what will hopefully be the road to South Africa. I believe we can be there with the best in two years time.

Pike B
27/03/2008, 8:47 AM
A couple of shocks in the Asian qualifiers last night, Uzbekistan 3 - 0 Saudi Arabia, Bahrain 1 - 0 Japan, Qatar 2 - 0 Iraq. Could yet be a few new nations from Asia qualifying. For full results and tables check Fifaworldcup.com.

shedite
02/04/2008, 10:48 AM
Good article here from ESPN Magazine:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3286434

Pike B
03/04/2008, 10:26 PM
Good article here from ESPN Magazine:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espnmag/story?id=3286434

Very good. Thanks for that..

Pike B
09/04/2008, 11:53 AM
Goalkeepers: Shay Given [Newcastle United], Wayne Henderson [Preston North End], Paddy Kenny [Sheffield United], Darren Randolph [Charlton Athletic], Colin Doyle , Joe Murphy [Scunthorpe United].

[B]Defenders: Stephen Kelly , Richard Dunne [Manchester City], Kevin Kilbane [Wigan Athletic], John O'Shea [Manchester United], Joey O'Brien [Bolton Wanderers], Paul McShane [Sunderland], Kevin Foley [Wolverhampton Wanderers], Darren O'Dea [Celtic].

[B]Midfielders: Steven Reid , Liam Miller [Sunderland], Stephen Ireland [Manchester City], Damien Duff [Newcastle United], Aiden McGeady [Celtic], Andy Reid [Sunderland], Lee Carsley [Everton], Darron Gibson [Wolverhampton Wanderers], Stephen Hunt [Reading], Darren Potter [Wolverhampton Wanderers], Owen Garvan [Ipswich Town], Wes Hoolahan [Blackpool], Stephen McPhail [Cardiff City], Martin Rowlands [QPR], Glenn Whelan [Stoke City].

[B]Forwards: Stephen Elliott [Wolverhampton Wanderers], Robbie Keane [Tottenham Hotspur], Kevin Doyle [Reading], Clinton Morrison [Crystal Palace], Shane Long [Reading], Andy Keogh [Wolverhampton Wanderers], Anthony Stokes [Sunderland], Daryl Murphy [Sunderland], Sean Scannell [Crystal Palace], Roy O'Donovan [Sunderland], David Connolly [Sunderland].

Trapps first training squad.. Intresting to see who he rates. His first real squad will be an important of our Qualifiying chances...

stojkovic
26/04/2008, 9:16 PM
With some luck the South Americans will have 5 teams qualify. The World Cup needs them. Too many European nations play in the tournament. For me it will be: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Colombia and Uruguay.

So they can get knocked out in the 2nd Round as usual ?

There will be 6 or 7 European teams in the QFs as usual.

Dont get me wrong, Im a big Argentina fan.

Sheridan
28/04/2008, 5:23 PM
CONMEBOL has more than enough places. If spots were allocated on merit, UEFA would have 20+.

Pike B
02/05/2008, 5:04 PM
I have to disagree. I think maybe one more automatic place could be spared. Allowing 5 Conmebol for certain and one other possible in the play off. Uefa has monopolised it for far too long. After all, South America is the joint most successful continent and has less places than Africa!! Not right.
Agreed. Very good point.

endabob1
06/05/2008, 3:53 PM
Q) How many votes does UEFA have A) 53
Q) How many votes does CAF have A) 53
Q) How many votes does CONMEBOL have A) 10

The number of places at a World Cup is invariably linked to the number of coutries in each region and therefore the number of votes & the amount of power they can wield when it comes to FIFA election times.
Africa is a very powerfull force in world football these days, it is why the World Cup is in SA and their representation is likely to increase in the forthcoming World Cups

Sheridan
08/05/2008, 2:22 PM
I understand all that but it is not right. South America and the World Cup are linked since the tournament began. Where were the Cameroons, Togos and Senegals in 1930???
They weren't invited to compete, couldn't afford to, hadn't attained independence and probably wouldn't have been welcome anyway. But what the hell has 1930 got to with anything?

There's already too many rubbish European teams qualifying as it is.
Which rubbish European teams are these? :rolleyes: I can think of maybe three uncompetitive European qualifiers in recent memory (Greece 94, who qualified on a technicality, Poland 02 and S&M 06.) At every single tournament since 1994, at least one marginal European qualifier has made it to the semis. Every single one. Sweden, Bulgaria, Croatia, Turkey, Portugal. By contrast, no-one outside the big two in South America has done anything of note at the World Cup in that period. Argentina couldn't even get past "rubbish" Sweden in the first round in 2002.

I don't mind places being allocated to aid the development of the game, but there's no way Europe deserves fewer than 15. If we were allocating on merit, it would be closer to 25.

stojkovic
10/05/2008, 5:27 PM
Maybe their record isn't the best but they really add color and flair, aswell as a completly different style of football to what we see week in week out. I mean who would you rather watch, Colombia Germany or Austria Germany??? I know my answer.

Dont get me wrong Ruben, I am a big Argentina fan.
Im just stating the record at the last 4 or 5 WCs when 6 or 7 European teams have made up the QFs.

stojkovic
10/05/2008, 5:29 PM
http://www.fifa.com/mm/photo/classic/matches/1986_fra_bra_03_2121_sq_large.jpg

Didn't Platini miss this peno ?

Block G Raptor
15/05/2008, 3:35 PM
This Fella (http://www.v-brazil.com/culture/sports/world-cup/1986-mascot.jpg) is my favorite memory of WC '86
used to collect little models of him Kinder Eggs I think it was at the time

Kingdom
16/05/2008, 1:43 PM
I understand all that but it is not right. South America and the World Cup are linked since the tournament began. Where were the Cameroons, Togos and Senegals in 1930??? I think it should break down like this:
South America 5 places plus one play-off. (possible 6)
Africa 5 places.
Asia 4 places no play-off.
Oceania 1 place.
Concacaf 3 places and (play-off with South America.)
Europe 13 places.
There's already too many rubbish European teams qualifying as it is.

Now as a result of me agreeing completely to Sheridan I'm off for a long cold shower. Shudder.

Ruben,
I like your posts regarding South American footballers, but I'm afraid you're talking pure gash here my friend. You given history, fans and personal preference as reasons, hell if we're referring to fans we should be there everytime.
The amount of qualifiers should be related to the amount of nations in each region. Which would leave South american federation lagging behind.

HarpoJoyce
22/05/2008, 5:12 PM
Should there be a separate Qualifier thread.

The African Round 1 groups start May 21/ June 01

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/index.html

Up the Med.!

HarpoJoyce
22/05/2008, 5:26 PM
Didn't Platini miss this peno ?

Yup. Versus Brazil in what Pele called the greatest football game he ever watched. France won on pens after a 1all game that was pure football. Careca and Platini scored. End to end with the beautiful game never better. If you ever get a chance to see it do. Pure class.

It was his birthday aswell.

Pike B
23/05/2008, 9:17 AM
Should there be a separate Qualifier thread.

The African Round 1 groups start May 21/ June 01

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/index.html

Up the Med.!
Not at all. All talk about the World Cup is welcome here.

gspain
19/06/2008, 11:37 AM
South America

Uruguay 6-0 Peru
Bolivia 4-2 Paraguay
Ecuador 0-0 Colombia
Brazil 0-0 Argentina

Thursday 19 June
Venezuela-Chile

Bottom side Bolivia beating top Paraguay was a big shock. Glad I didn't stay up for Brazil v argentina which was on at 1.30pm our time.

Top seven
1. Paraguay, 13 pts (GD +8)
2. Argentina, 11 (+6)
3. Colombia, 10 (+2)
4. Brazil, 9 (+4)
5. Uruguay, 8 (+9)
6. Venezuela, 7 (+0)
7. Chile, 7 (-1)

Metrostars
23/06/2008, 6:00 PM
Following the second leg of the second round of matches this past weekend, another 12 teams were knocked out in Concacaf. These are the 3 groups for the 3rd round:

Group A: Cuba, Guatemala, Trinidad and Tobago, USA
Group B: Canada, Honduras, Jamaica, Mexico
Group C: Costa Rica, Haiti, El Salvador, Suriname

The top two teams from each group move on to the Final Round.

Match days are:
20 August 2008
6 September 2008
10 September 2008
11 October 2008
15 October 2008
19 November 2008

Group B is a tough group. Erikson & Mexico better be careful.

Metrostars
23/06/2008, 7:45 PM
Jeez, the Costa Ricans got lucky again...
My tips for qualification:
Group A: T&T and Usa
Group B: Mexico and Canada (Yes Canada)
Group C: Costa Rica and El Salvador

I could see T&T getting knocked off. They are in a bit of a disarray right now.

Group B is a tough one. Any of the 4 teams could make it to the next round. Honduras have some good players in Suazo and Guevara while Jamaica have improved a lot in the last year or so. I would love to see Canada make the Hex but I have a feeling they might not make it again. They are getting better and if they were in either of the other two groups they would do it but this is a tough group for them. Would love to see Mexico knocked out though :p

pete
26/06/2008, 11:44 AM
Came across a few crime stories in SA today.

Unique way of dealing with police protests (http://www.int.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=15&art_id=vn20080626055452390C806643)

:eek:

EAFC_rdfl
10/07/2008, 9:17 AM
FIFA supposedly have 3 countries lined up as back-up hosts for the tournament. SA's new stadium (the main one I assume) will not be ready in time for next years confederations cup. Would Germany be one of the back-ups? they would hardly get it two in a row!

gspain
10/07/2008, 9:27 AM
FIFA supposedly have 3 countries lined up as back-up hosts for the tournament. SA's new stadium (the main one I assume) will not be ready in time for next years confederations cup. Would Germany be one of the back-ups? they would hardly get it two in a row!

Definitely not Germany as they have just had it.

It has to be countries that already have the infrastructure so probably Australia, USA and England in no particular order

endabob1
10/07/2008, 9:28 AM
Not true, 1 stadium (the new one in Port Elizabeth) which has had problems with the roof might not be ready for the confeerations cup but it will be ready for the world cup where I think is due to host games as far as the quarter final. The main stadium is Soccer City in Joburg which is a renovation job as opposed to a brand new stadium.

Hibs4Ever
11/07/2008, 3:52 PM
It has to be countries that already have the infrastructure so probably Australia, USA and England in no particular order

Or Spain

minty
22/07/2008, 11:35 AM
spain would seem like a logical choice

endabob1
22/07/2008, 12:01 PM
100% certain it will be in South Africa

HarpoJoyce
07/09/2008, 1:22 AM
At half-time Cuba 0:1 USA in their 2nd round? World Cup qualifier

After Edit 3:
Beasley(?) missed an open goal for the States. There are regular cries of U-S-A, U-S-A from fans who are covering their faces in case of severe repurcussions from the authorities back home.
USA win out 0-1.

Unconfirmed reports Canada are losing 2:1 to Honduras at home. Full time result.

Edit 4:
New Zealand confirmed as Oceania winners from FIFA.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/oceania/competitionformat.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/oceania/standings/index.html

New Zealand play the winners of a play-off between the two third place nations in the Asia Groups rd. 4.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/standings/index.html

irishultra
07/09/2008, 10:35 PM
Libya beat Ghana :D

irishultra
08/09/2008, 2:54 PM
I want Libya to qualify because my best mate is from there. they have an exceptional player who is about 30 now, but he is called the 'zidane of africa'

lots of talent but just not the right physical attributes.

Metrostars
08/09/2008, 7:43 PM
At half-time Cuba 0:1 USA in their 2nd round? World Cup qualifier

After Edit 3:
Beasley(?) missed an open goal for the States. There are regular cries of U-S-A, U-S-A from fans who are covering their faces in case of severe repurcussions from the authorities back home.
USA win out 0-1.

Unconfirmed reports Canada are losing 2:1 to Honduras at home. Full time result.

Edit 4:
New Zealand confirmed as Oceania winners from FIFA.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/oceania/competitionformat.html
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/oceania/standings/index.html

New Zealand play the winners of a play-off between the two third place nations in the Asia Groups rd. 4.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/asia/standings/index.html

US will easily make the next round after two away wins. Uphill battle for Canada now. 1 point from two home games is bad in Concacaf.

HarpoJoyce
14/09/2008, 5:52 AM
Haile Selassi! Ethiopia have been kicked out of the 2010 qualifying tournament because Ethiopian Football Federation Officials refused to follow a 'road map' agreed between the EFF, CAF and FIFA back in Feb. 2008 relating to the transfer of power from some of the previous EFF officials to the current ones.
FIFA wanted a more transparent transfer of power and requested EFF set-up an EGM and vote if they wanted to get rid of anyone, in the meantime FIFA recognised the previous leadership.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/media/newsid=879416.html#ethiopia+excluded+from+prelimin ary+competition

Statement on agreed 'road map'.
http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=eth/media/newsid=697365.html#fifa+caf+establish+road+normali ze+ethiopian+ff

Suspension of EFF July 2008
http://www.fifa.com/associations/association=eth/media/newsid=835129.html#ethiopian+football+federation+s uspended

Ethiopia's four matches to date have been Cancelled.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/preliminaries/africa/matches/group=250639/index.html

Its a three team group now and Morocco should beat Mauritania at home to take first place, but it affects Rwanda competing with other groups for a best runners-up spot.

Coup d'Etaits happen in any Football Federation, that's normal.

After Edit:
Tadias an American-Ethiopian publication ran the story ( bulk of it linked to a BBC article). But the one responder to the article made me smile.
http://www.tadias.com/2008/09/12/ethiopia-booted-out-world-cup/

Also, September 12th is the Ethiopian New Year, 2001, Julian calendar. How cruel are FIFA?

DeLorean
08/10/2008, 1:30 PM
I know I'm jumping back the thread a little bit but I completely agree with Ruben Sosa about the European teams. They are the heartbeat of international soccer with a few South Americans aslo thrown into the picture. I think all the crap should have to play off against each other for a couple of remaining places with the empasis being put on trying to ensure the best 24 teams in the World are at the World Cup Finals. For example, in 2002 the Dutch missed out on qualification after narrowly failing to come out of a tough group which included and very consistent Republic and a top class Portugal side. I think the 3rd placed European should get to play off with the best of the crap and if the crap can win they'll have proved themselves worthy to compete in the greatest competition of them all. The likes of Saudi Arabia, Mexico and the US qualifying almost by default is a disgrace with the like of the Dutch not being there who are a proper soccer nation, albeit they were their own worst enemies on that occasion but they are only an example. I've no problem with the US or Mexico and certainly in Mexicos case they are generally amongst the Top 24 anyway.

Pike B
08/10/2008, 2:19 PM
I know I'm jumping back the thread a little bit but I completely agree with Ruben Sosa about the European teams. They are the heartbeat of international soccer with a few South Americans aslo thrown into the picture. I think all the crap should have to play off against each other for a couple of remaining places with the empasis being put on trying to ensure the best 24 teams in the World are at the World Cup Finals. For example, in 2002 the Dutch missed out on qualification after narrowly failing to come out of a tough group which included and very consistent Republic and a top class Portugal side. I think the 3rd placed European should get to play off with the best of the crap and if the crap can win they'll have proved themselves worthy to compete in the greatest competition of them all. The likes of Saudi Arabia, Mexico and the US qualifying almost by default is a disgrace with the like of the Dutch not being there who are a proper soccer nation, albeit they were their own worst enemies on that occasion but they are only an example. I've no problem with the US or Mexico and certainly in Mexicos case they are generally amongst the Top 24 anyway.
Intresting. I've always thought that the World Cup structure was flawed, but how to fix it is a tricky one. Maybe the Dutch could do an Australia and enter Asia or Concacaf qualifiers and qualify at a canter. Netherlands V Turks And Caicos Islands anyone?? ;)

DeLorean
08/10/2008, 2:46 PM
Maybe the Dutch were a bad example but basically what I was trying to say is that at the start of each European Qualifying campaign there are a lot of good football countries who are not going to qualify. Either ourselves, Portugal or Holland were destined to miss out on Japan/Korea before a ball was even kicked in our Qualifying group yet the likes of Saudi Arabia who are worse than useless get a pretty much a bye into the tounament every time and proceed to break all kinds of records for heaviest defeat, most matches without a win etc. It doesn't make sense. There's lots of countries that have far more footballing pedigree and have relatively good qualifying campaigns consistantly in tough European groups that will never/rarely make it because of the structure.

Pike B
09/10/2008, 7:51 AM
Maybe the Dutch were a bad example but basically what I was trying to say is that at the start of each European Qualifying campaign there are a lot of good football countries who are not going to qualify. Either ourselves, Portugal or Holland were destined to miss out on Japan/Korea before a ball was even kicked in our Qualifying group yet the likes of Saudi Arabia who are worse than useless get a pretty much a bye into the tounament every time and proceed to break all kinds of records for heaviest defeat, most matches without a win etc. It doesn't make sense. There's lots of countries that have far more footballing pedigree and have relatively good qualifying campaigns consistantly in tough European groups that will never/rarely make it because of the structure.
I agree with your point, but it is the World Cup, and having too many Europeans would maybe provide a better tournament, but those Saudi Arabian fans aren't going to tune in and watch Netherlands v Portugal. That's not good business for Fifa.. It's all about the money. Advertising at the World Cup is huge as you get seen all over the globe. If Asian or Caribean nations who are weak don't qualify, then a lot of people aren't watching..
Therefore, they're not going to go out to buy Coca Cola with their Mastercard whilst taking photos along the way with their Fuji camera whilst driving a Hyundai 4x4 with Continental tyres... :D

superfrank
12/10/2008, 9:59 PM
Just watched Brazil beat Venezuela 4-0. Two very good goals in the game. Vemezuela were pretty poor defensively.

They were saying that Dunga's only lost 5 of his 41 games in charge. Why is there pressure on him?

HarpoJoyce
13/10/2008, 2:57 PM
Just watched Brazil beat Venezuela 4-0. Two very good goals in the game. Vemezuela were pretty poor defensively.

They were saying that Dunga's only lost 5 of his 41 games in charge. Why is there pressure on him?

Two part guess, Brazil aren't dominating the qualifying group. I don't know when they did. And Brazil lost to Argentina at the Olympics.

bennocelt
13/10/2008, 4:24 PM
Two part guess, Brazil aren't dominating the qualifying group. I don't know when they did. And Brazil lost to Argentina at the Olympics.

Also the way they play now isnt what a Brazilian team should be playing like, but then Dunga is the coach and he wasn't the most creative player himself- even if he was a legend

Shilts
14/10/2008, 3:08 PM
Of course the correct way to determine the 31 qualifiers (host nation qualifies automatically) would be to put the 200 countries into 7 pots according to their FIFA rankings and draw 31 groups of either 6 or 7 teams.
Only the group winners to qualify.

Think of the marketing bonanza of Brazil playing in Kenya or Argentina in the new Lansdowne Road. :ball:
Carbon footprint would be up a little but you can't keep everybody happy :D

Closed Account 2
14/10/2008, 3:28 PM
I saw Germany v Russia in a bar on Nevsky Prospect, St. Petersburg. It was a great game, with really positive play from both teams. Russia looked a tiny bit suspect at the back and I don't know why Hiddink didn't play Kolodin at the back. But upfront Russia are a real joy to watch, Arshavin starred and was teeing up Pogrebnyak time after time (but the big man had an off night). Zirkhov had a really good game too and was full of energy. But the star of the show was little Alan Dzagoev the North Ossetian from Beslan. He dispossed Lahm and fired the ball across the goal line (beating Adler the German keeper at his near post) and allowing Arshavin to tap in. At 18 years old he certainly looks to have a big future in the game.

Overall a draw would have been fair and if any team deserved to knick it I would have said it was the Russians. But you cant write off the Germans and in the end they eeked out the 3 points. Overall I'd say that I think Russia will still top the group and I think Germany will struggle away from home against some of the teams in the group. I can see them getting bogged down in the sands of the Caucuses outside Baku again!

Metrostars
16/10/2008, 3:07 PM
In Concacaf, Canada are officially out. Through to the final round of 6 teams: USA, Costa Rica & El Salvador. Trinidad & Tobago are in a good position to make it.

Jamaica have had a good October winning both their games and coming back into contention in Group B This is an interesting scenario in that Mexico are on 10 points, Honduras 9 and Jamaica 7 with Honduras at home to Mexico and Jamaica at home to Canada in the final games next month. Could Sven's team lose to Honduras and jamaica beat Canada by enough to knock Mexico out? That would be quite a shocking turn of events.

Pike B
16/10/2008, 3:49 PM
In Concacaf, Canada are officially out. Through to the final round of 6 teams: USA, Costa Rica & El Salvador. Trinidad & Tobago are in a good position to make it.

Jamaica have had a good October winning both their games and coming back into contention in Group B This is an interesting scenario in that Mexico are on 10 points, Honduras 9 and Jamaica 7 with Honduras at home to Mexico and Jamaica at home to Canada in the final games next month. Could Sven's team lose to Honduras and jamaica beat Canada by enough to knock Mexico out? That would be quite a shocking turn of events.
Don't see it myself. I fancy Mexico to put Honduras to the sword and win over there. Reggae boys to sneak through in second.

Pike B
23/10/2008, 10:44 AM
I heard something about this myself actually.
Just looking at the African draw, my five to join South Africa would be: Cameroon, Nigeria, Egypt, Ghana and Cote D'Ivoire.

Pike B
20/11/2008, 9:39 AM
Honduras beat Mexico last night. They both went through to final stage at Jamaica's expense but Mexico only did on goal difference!! Sven is in trouble.. :)

Metrostars
20/11/2008, 3:36 PM
Honduras beat Mexico last night. They both went through to final stage at Jamaica's expense but Mexico only did on goal difference!! Sven is in trouble.. :)

I watched the last 10 minutes of that Honduras-Mexico game last night, Mexico had two players sent off and could have conceeded a few more. You'd have to feel sorry for Jamaica though. They had a bad start to the campaign getting just 1 point from their first 3 games but then winning the last 3. Mexico are in a bad spell right now but I expect them to pick it up in the Hex round.

Metrostars
09/02/2009, 12:22 PM
Qualifiers this week:

Tuesday:
North Korea-Saudi Arabia AFC (Round Four - Group B)

Wednesday:
UEFA:
Malta-Albania(Group 1)
San Marino-Northern Ireland(Group 3)
Ireland-Georgia(Group 8)

Concacaf:
USA-Mexico
Costa Rica-Honduras
El Salvador-Trinidad & Tobago

AFC:
Japan-Australia (Round Four - Group A)
Uzbekistan-Bahrain (Round Four - Group A)
Iran-South Korea (Round Four - Group B)

The USA-Mexico qualifier in Columbus is always a treat to watch. Good article on the rivalry: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=615761&sec=us&root=us&cc=5901

Pike B
09/02/2009, 12:51 PM
Qualifiers this week:

Tuesday:
North Korea-Saudi Arabia AFC (Round Four - Group B)

Wednesday:
UEFA:
Malta-Albania(Group 1)
San Marino-Northern Ireland(Group 3)
Ireland-Georgia(Group 8)

Concacaf:
USA-Mexico
Costa Rica-Honduras
El Salvador-Trinidad & Tobago

AFC:
Japan-Australia (Round Four - Group A)
Uzbekistan-Bahrain (Round Four - Group A)
Iran-South Korea (Round Four - Group B)

The USA-Mexico qualifier in Columbus is always a treat to watch. Good article on the rivalry: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=615761&sec=us&root=us&cc=5901
Theres real hatred there. I once saw Landon Donovan say it meant more to beat Mexico than play in the World Cup!!! Crazy comment, but it shows the rivalry..
Home win for me..
As for the rest:
North Korea 1-0Saudi Arabia

Costa Rica2-1Honduras
El Salvador1-1Trinidad & Tobago

Japan 1-1Australia
Uzbekistan2-1Bahrain
Iran2-1South Korea

Metrostars
12/02/2009, 4:51 PM
Highlights from Concacaf:
USA Beats Mexico 2-0 - Bradley scores one at the end of each half while Rafa marquez is sent off for kicking Tim Howard
I6_qFGiiTGg

El Salvador 2 Trinidad & Tobago 2 (T&T were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go)
Costa Rica 2 Honduras 0

Pike B
13/02/2009, 7:36 AM
Highlights from Concacaf:
USA Beats Mexico 2-0 - Bradley scores one at the end of each half while Rafa marquez is sent off for kicking Tim Howard
I6_qFGiiTGg

El Salvador 2 Trinidad & Tobago 2 (T&T were 2-0 up with 10 mins to go)
Costa Rica 2 Honduras 0

Not too far off in my predictions :D

Great win for the U.S.
Marquez should bloody well know better.
T&T threw it away. That could come back to haunt them later I think.
Los Ticos off to a flyer as usual. USA, Costa Rica and Mexico to qualify, El Salvador into play-offs for me.