PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to the Wallace Brothers

Topman
26/03/2008, 11:16 PM
Well done to Conor and Gareth on getting your game with the 1st team v Cobh in the league Cup.

2 Quality players:)

Risteard
26/03/2008, 11:53 PM
sons of the haired, wine-drinking one?

Footsoldier
27/03/2008, 9:12 AM
Yes. But enough about their mother!

Seriously, they're not his sons. Don't think they're even related to him.

Bluebeard
27/03/2008, 12:14 PM
There are a hell of a lot of Wallace in Wexford alright:)

It must be fairly rare these days for brothers to play together in the LOI.

Back in the day we had the Hales, the Fitzgeralds, and a few other families. I remember watching the Barrys (Alan and Brian) and the Arrigans (Pat and Tom) playing for us - possibly even in the one game. Are these the first brothers to play for Wexford Youths? It shouldn't take long to research;)

Well done on the giantkilling, by the way - if you could call Cobh giants:D

oldyouth
27/03/2008, 1:36 PM
Yes. But enough about their mother!

Tut tut footsoldier, prepare for the pink panther to come & get you:D

Footsoldier
27/03/2008, 2:08 PM
Well, their mother is haired and is well capable of drinking wine, so I don't think I'm extracting the urine!

There are a number of sets of brothers, Bluebeard. The Rossiters, Russells etc......

ForzaWexford
27/03/2008, 6:23 PM
Yep, third set of brothers to play for us already. I'm nearly sure Gareth's only U15 and Conor's only U17. Haven't seen much of either of them but I know Gareth's been capped a few times and might even have captained one of the Irish underage sides.

kopite
30/03/2008, 1:37 PM
gareth is u15,captaining the u15s last year,conor is u18,both left footers,gar in defence conor in mid.two solid players even if the red mist decends sometimes,definetly would want these guys in the trenches.have said our senior side are too nice,this could be about to change.