PDA

View Full Version : Aertel are great

Éanna
11/07/2003, 11:02 PM
Possibly their worst ever:
UCD 1
Derry City 1
A nil-all draw between UCD and Derry at Belfield was a poor advertisement for summer soccer as neither side as neither side could manage to produce anything approaching fluent football.

UCD opened the scoring on 29 minutes when Alan Cawley hit the net. The students had barely finished celebrating when Liam Coyle headed past Pat Jennings in the UCD goal.

The match quickly lapsed back into the slow and lethargic rhythm it had begun in. Neither had any meaningful chances in the first half or the second half and the match ended all square.

© RTÉ 2003

:confused: :rolleyes:

tiktok
11/07/2003, 11:50 PM
i gues that means they've updated the sports ticker from the football latest

"Liberec 0-0 Shamrock Rovers
not started"

that was there until about an hour ago when i last checked for results. only a week late:rolleyes:

Cityace
12/07/2003, 1:29 PM
At leats its better then;

C k City 3- Boh mi s
Sh lb rne - r s

D y 0- for

gspain
14/07/2003, 8:23 AM
Can people please only list the scores Aertel have got right in the last 10 years rather than the wrong ones or this topic will have thousands of replies. :D :D :D

noby
14/07/2003, 9:34 AM
Brilliant match review of longford v drogs:

"As in their 2-2 result earlier in the seson, both sides were to play out a draw, particularly Drogheda"

pineapple stu
14/07/2003, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by noby
Brilliant match review of longford v drogs:

"As in their 2-2 result earlier in the seson, both sides were to play out a draw, particularly Drogheda"

Saw that alright - another classic!

My favourite -

"Cobh equalised on 27 minutes when player/manager Dave Hill headed a cross by assistant player/manager Jason Kibia inches wide"

They really annoy me with their token match reports, like: UCD scored their first victory of the season when beating Bohemians at Belfield Park tonight. Cawley had given them the lead on 32 minutes but Harkin equalised for Bohs on 52. Tony McDonnell won the game with a goal on 82 minutes.

There's absolutely nothing extra that you wouldn't have known from the scoreline!!! That has to be insulting at best.

Bosco
14/07/2003, 1:38 PM
John o'flynns goal against us in cork.

Cork grabbed their second when star striker O'flynn perfectly lobbed the outcoming devine(hes corks keeper) in the town goal

Éanna
14/07/2003, 7:50 PM
yeah, keith doyle scored for us in that game too apparently. muppets

BobtheDrog
14/07/2003, 10:12 PM
the longford thing was a disgrace myler played a one-two with delaney for his "fluffed chance" delaney last i heard had left the club he certainly wasnt on the pitch and the drogs dominated the game from start to finish even a longford fan would agree

el insider
15/07/2003, 12:25 PM
do0minated start to finish
yeah right
yee dominated the first but it wasall us in the second

pineapple stu
15/07/2003, 12:39 PM
They had Longford v. Derry down as 0-0 all yesterday evening, despite kick-off being tonight.

BobtheDrog
15/07/2003, 6:18 PM
please! are you kidding? u had a five minute spelll at the start of the second half then it was all drogs. it must have been embarrassing to see beezer skin your defenders leaving three of them in his wake or cronin and fabio running 1-2s up the wing as spud cud only watch and dont get me started on Eric "elbows" Lavine he's a disgrace to Eircom league football and whoever does you programme a few points
1. get the right pen pics in future half those names left last summer
2. We are not shelbourne
3. How could you get away with the phrase “and gloom spreads like slurry after a silage cut”.
also a vital question where were your fans?

Schumi
16/07/2003, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by BobtheDrog
1. get the right pen pics in future half those names left last summer
2. We are not shelbourne They had the Rovers squad listed as ours when we played them! :rolleyes: