PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Peter Thompson

thischarmingman
26/03/2008, 8:41 PM
Fourth NI goal against Georgia and the first time an Irish League player has scored for Northern Ireland in 14 years.

I can only hope someone from our league can emulate that soon.

RĂ©iteoir
26/03/2008, 9:01 PM
Fourth NI goal against Georgia and the first time an Irish League player has scored for Northern Ireland in 14 years.

doubt that will for a few years

can't see Trapp making the long trip to Dalymount or United Park for a look at any eL players anytime soon

Cymro
26/03/2008, 9:36 PM
Well done to the man and NI tonight!

pete
26/03/2008, 10:04 PM
BBC report says it was Thompson but list of results has down as an own goal.

Kobiashvili o.g. 87

Cymro
26/03/2008, 10:30 PM
Just saw it on Match of the Day, didn't look like he knew much about it to be honest. I think he just barely made contact with it though so we'll let him have it. :D

holidaysong
26/03/2008, 10:40 PM
I didn't think it was his goal to be honest. Good win but Georgia were terrible!

David
27/03/2008, 1:40 PM

I know they said 14 years in commentary but it is actually 24. The last Irish league player to score was Lee Doherty against Israel in 1984.

CvilleRovers
28/03/2008, 8:50 PM
a mate was telling me that some of your fans were booing the linfield players the other night :confused: bit harsh surely

antrimgreen
03/04/2008, 1:41 PM
What a goal it was, one touch a flick and a superb volley from the edge of the box :rolleyes:

gustavo
03/04/2008, 3:33 PM
What a goal it was, one touch a flick and a superb volley from the edge of the box :rolleyes:

I cant recall anyone saying it was a great goal :confused:

David
03/04/2008, 7:38 PM
a mate was telling me that some of your fans were booing the linfield players the other night :confused: bit harsh surely

Unfortunately true apparently.

holidaysong
03/04/2008, 8:18 PM
Unfortunately true apparently.

What was the reason? :confused:

Graemerz
03/04/2008, 10:17 PM
What was the reason?

1. Cultchies with chips on their shoulders.... :rolleyes:

2. GAWA believe that the Irish League players aren't good enough to play for their country. They base this on watching Premiership football on SKY and not seeing any local football. :rolleyes: Greatest Fans in the World though....:o

gustavo
04/04/2008, 10:00 AM
1. Cultchies with chips on their shoulders.... :rolleyes:

2. GAWA believe that the Irish League players aren't good enough to play for their country. They base this on watching Premiership football on SKY and not seeing any local football. :rolleyes: Greatest Fans in the World though....:o
I noticed that alright from going on owc forum , theres a very anti - IL attitude

Jerry The Saint
04/04/2008, 11:07 AM

I seem to remember Mr. Glen Crowe getting booed while warming up at Lansdowne by a group of supporters associated with a certain club...

2. GAWA believe that the Irish League players aren't good enough to play for their country. They base this on watching Premiership football on SKY and not seeing any local football. :rolleyes: Greatest Fans in the World though....

Hey, at least they notice you. Our Greatest Fans in the World don't even know enough about the LOI to know whether they should hate our players :o

CvilleRovers
06/04/2008, 11:01 PM
I seem to remember Mr. Glen Crowe getting booed while warming up at Lansdowne by a group of supporters associated with a certain club...

Hey, at least they notice you. Our Greatest Fans in the World don't even know enough about the LOI to know whether they should hate our players :o

wasnt at the game in question and dont remember hearing of that happening so cant really comment :eek:

dcfcsteve
11/04/2008, 4:46 PM
I know they said 14 years in commentary but it is actually 24. The last Irish league player to score was Lee Doherty against Israel in 1984.

Didn't 3 Linfield players get capped in that game v Isarel - George Dunlop and Martin McGaughey as well ?

BleusAvantTout
13/04/2008, 8:23 AM
Didn't 3 Linfield players get capped in that game v Isarel - George Dunlop and Martin McGaughey as well ?

Yes! :cool: