PDA

View Full Version : latest score

@ndy
11/07/2003, 8:23 PM
Latest score 1 - 1, cawley deflected free (again) and coyle equaliser two minutes later...thats all i know, would be a huge result if we could win tonight, we could really do with the points...if we're gonna make a comeback its these results we need to get, either way we definitely need to stop losing games....

@ndy
11/07/2003, 8:47 PM
Final score one all. How bad. We didn't lose. That's 5 points from our last four games, which considering we had 1 from our first nine is acceptable at least.

Only two wins off Longford :rolleyes:

UCD_4_Life
12/07/2003, 12:19 AM
It was a really encouraging performance to be fair. We were the better team and had them on the back foot for large periods of the match.

We played some really nice football at times and I thought Cawley, Davey, McWalter and Robbie Martin all put in really good perfomances. Hugh's crossing has come on leaps and bounds in the last few weeks. Griffin also looked as good as I've seen him when he came on and Tony Mac was his usual self although he had to come off in the second half which was strange. John Martin took the captain's arm-band - which shows just how young a squad we really have. Also they said that Pat Jennings was in attendance, I didn't see him but then I haven't seen a post-197something photo of the guy.

With Shels, Drogheda, Belgrove and Rovers come up (three out of four are at home) I think we've got a really good chance of going on an undefeated streak.

I'm happier tonight (well this morning) as a U.C.D. fan than I have been in months and I'm finally starting to believe that we can hoist ourselves out of this happy little rut (Twenty past one in the morning and I still won't stop with The Simpsons quotes!).

Schumi
14/07/2003, 12:12 PM
It was an encouraging performance in that we were on top for most of the game and didn't give them any real chances (except the one that that w@nker Coyle scored). On the downside, though, we didn't create much either. I'd agree with UCD_4_Life about Cawley, Davey, Robbie Martin and especially McWalter who looked very dangerous; if we could get him a bit more of the ball he could get us a good few goals this season. For me, the best player on the pitch was Pat Sullivan though. He had the best defensive display I've seen from a UCD player in ages.

At this stage, I think we do have a chance of staying up. We 've got out of the losing habit and we've stabilised the gap to Longford, Drogheda and Derry. If we could string a few wins together, it's perfectly possible to bridge the gap. The problem is that we're not looking like scoring enough goals to be able to get onto a winning run. It's still better than a month or so ago though.

John83
14/07/2003, 7:17 PM
Originally posted by Schumi
For me, the best player on the pitch was Pat Sullivan though. He had the best defensive display I've seen from a UCD player in ages.

I agree about Sullivan. I've not seen him caught out of position, he tackles well, and most importantly, he's fast and comportable on the ball - more like a winger than a right-back.