PDA

View Full Version : Pats!!!

dublinwanderer
26/03/2008, 12:51 PM
Absolute huge game on friday... lets hope we can build on the athlone win and get a decent result from this game.

this is the proper start to the season - huge home game!!!!!

I'd say doherty will start prob with kenny at centre back, and duggan in for the suspended mccabe. i doubt there will be many other changes from friday's team. hope franco is at least on the bench, i think he showed enough on monday to warrant his place. pender has been the best player so far.

any going to the hibo for pre-match drinks???

mightyseagull
26/03/2008, 1:47 PM
What is it with you and drinks this seaon:eek:

your getting like your bro:D

dublinwanderer
26/03/2008, 2:58 PM
your getting like your bro:D

hey, i'l report you for abuse if ya keep that up!!!

Superfrank.....

braysnumber1
26/03/2008, 3:04 PM
yeah huge game alrite on fri.

my starting team wud be: skip; daz, doherty, kenny, pender; kavanagh, whelan, cawley, duggan; franco, rowe.
Bench; mcinerney, ivory, myler, foran, mulroy.

hope everyone gets there early and gets behind the team from the start.

superfrank
26/03/2008, 4:04 PM
Superfrank.....
What?

It was great to get a result on Monday night but I don't see us getting anything out of this. Athlone were just that poor the other night.

mightyseagull
26/03/2008, 7:03 PM
hey, i'l report you for abuse if ya keep that up!!!

Superfrank.....

ok ok i take it back that was pretty bad your already as bad as him:D

we'l drink a drink a drink
for -------
the drunk the drunk the drunk
he's the p1ss head of our football club
he's the greatest drinker ever
that the world has ever seen;)

Dodge
26/03/2008, 7:06 PM
Bench; mcinerney, ivory, myler, foran, mulroy.

Foran won't be allowed play

FarmHoop
26/03/2008, 9:25 PM
might head to this and cheer on the mighty 0-0 draw

lowflyingseagul
26/03/2008, 11:23 PM
might head to this and cheer on the mighty 0-0 draw

well we'll keep our part of the bargain

lostinbrum
27/03/2008, 10:59 PM
don't get home very often so this will be one very few games I'll get to see so I'm just hoping for a good game. if it has to be draw can we have 2-2

FarmHoop
27/03/2008, 11:08 PM
don't get home very often so this will be one very few games I'll get to see so I'm just hoping for a good game. if it has to be draw can we have 2-2

Yes 2-2 that would surfice:D

Grasshopper 99
28/03/2008, 12:29 PM
I might pop in after work for a drink before hand

Seagull-4-life
29/03/2008, 2:30 PM
obviously wasn't the best but it was a better performance than ucd and rovers

superfrank
29/03/2008, 2:37 PM
Pats were just too good for us last night. They strolled the game.

jonboy
29/03/2008, 3:31 PM
obviously wasn't the best but it was a better performance than ucd and rovers

pats were in cruise control, didnt break sweat, and as for the performance were you at the same game as me?

4 games no goals speaks volumes

lostinbrum
29/03/2008, 8:08 PM
First match I've seen this season, what with living in another country and all :-) At least they looked to play some football. Too many flicks in the hope that someone might get on the end of them. They struggled to hold the ball up front, and the left full had a nightmare in the first half.

Seagull
30/03/2008, 3:42 PM
pats were in cruise control, didnt break sweat, and as for the performance were you at the same game as me?

4 games no goals speaks volumes

Cawley, captain, was again completely anonymous. High balls lumped in to Mulroy and Kavanagh. Rowe not even on the bench? Gormley doesn't know what he's doing...

jonboy
31/03/2008, 9:07 PM
Cawley, captain, was again completely anonymous. High balls lumped in to Mulroy and Kavanagh. Rowe not even on the bench? Gormley doesn't know what he's doing...

i agree but he has paul osam there to give advice so i dont understand whats going on, as for longer he shouldnt be part of the set up offers nothing. i think eddie needs to pick a team and stick with it for at least 4 games (injuries permitting) and franco has to be part of it and stick daz in the middle

Hulsey
01/04/2008, 9:41 AM

Bray need to change the tactics. Last season we let cawley have time and space and he did the business, but now other teams know that to stop us playing you stop him. Every team we've played so far has man marked him tightly leading to him being ineffective.

Thumping the ball up to two of our smallest lads is just braindead to be honest and if thats the masterplan then we can plan for a lot of trips to the likes of athlone next year.

Far as I know Rowe was injured, but why we didn't leave paddy out wide and play emeka or franco up top is a mystery

Seagull-4-life
01/04/2008, 11:22 AM
Bray need to change the tactics. Last season we let cawley have time and space and he did the business, but now other teams know that to stop us playing you stop him. Every team we've played so far has man marked him tightly leading to him being ineffective.

Thumping the ball up to two of our smallest lads is just braindead to be honest and if thats the masterplan then we can plan for a lot of trips to the likes of athlone next year.

Far as I know Rowe was injured, but why we didn't leave paddy out wide and play emeka or franco up top is a mystery
Rowe was definitely injured. Osam was in the bray people saying they'd been working on playing it into feet and all that so hopefully we'll se an improvement for the Harps game

Seagull-4-life
01/04/2008, 11:23 AM
i agree but he has paul osam there to give advice so i dont understand whats going on, as for longer he shouldnt be part of the set up offers nothing. i think eddie needs to pick a team and stick with it for at least 4 games (injuries permitting) and franco has to be part of it and stick daz in the middle

does anyone notice osam in the dugout for the matches? he just sits there looking reaql subdued, never encouragesd the players and i dont think i've ever seen him discussing anything with eddie

Jerry The Saint
01/04/2008, 11:28 AM
does anyone notice osam in the dugout for the matches? he just sits there looking reaql subdued, never encouragesd the players and i dont think i've ever seen him discussing anything with eddie

He did that when he was Pats U21 manager as well. Not really a shouter - makes a bit of a change for this league :)