PDA

View Full Version : New Aussies

SSS
11/07/2003, 5:37 PM
and it ain't Kewell.

Two Australian defender / midfielders released from Falkirk on on trial.

(I suppose Pat will sign them as strikers :D )

Seriously though, I hope that if they are signed they will be First 11 material. No point taking them in and releasing current squad players if there's no real difference.

tiktok
11/07/2003, 6:13 PM
any info on them, how long they've been over etc.??? could do with a few good additions soon with the news about greg and doyle.

joe
11/07/2003, 8:50 PM
Andy Packer and Nick Tolios are the guys names

Éanna
12/07/2003, 12:01 AM
nothing on the falkirk site about them.....

SÓC
12/07/2003, 2:04 AM
Nick Tolios plays with South Melbourne Soccer Club (http://www.southmelbournesc.com.au/home.html) , "Firey defender Nick Tolios is on the recovery trail after having an arthriscope on his left knee. He should be back on the track in 6 to 8 weeks." Not sure how old that is.

As for Andy Packer he plays for Olympic Sharks (http://www.olympicsharks.com/index2.html). Check out his profile here (http://www.olympicsharks.com/profile.html?oid=2035536813) looks quite impressive.

pete
12/07/2003, 10:52 AM
Yup, no use signing fulltimers only to have them sitting on the bench. If they aren't first team quality than no point in signing.

Troy.McClure
12/07/2003, 2:12 PM
Do we erally need another defender? I dont think so. That Andy Packer has only scored 3 goald in nearly 100 ozzie league games, so it would seam that he would be a defensive midfielder, which we also have in spades.

Look else where Id say

J.O.F.A.S
12/07/2003, 4:54 PM
Tolios is a 21 year old center half!

Supposidly had a promising career...What went wrong

patsh
12/07/2003, 5:55 PM
Dolan on the BRB said Packer has been signed on a short term contract.
Tolios has some knee problems, and will be looked at in a prctise game tomorrow.

Packer can play anywhere across midfield, so it's probably good cover given that Greg and Doyler are out.

Éanna
13/07/2003, 1:04 PM
We def need a midfielder at the mo, so good signing, the fact that its a short term contract points to it being cover which we need IMO.

foureyes
13/07/2003, 5:23 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Dolan on the BRB said Packer has been signed on a short term contract.
Tolios has some knee problems, and will be looked at in a prctise game tomorrow.

Packer can play anywhere across midfield, so it's probably good cover given that Greg and Doyler are out.

His nickname is pacman.

Which is just fantastic.

He should get on well with Dolan what with the unquenchable desire for food. sorry.

ccfc till i die
13/07/2003, 10:37 PM
I reckon the reason Packer is on a short term contract is because we are just checking him out at the moment. We have to be looking for more than short term cover in midfield.

tiktok
15/07/2003, 9:20 PM
He has represented the aussie U17 side and played midfield on the Olympic Sharks NSL winning side in the 2001-2 season. Sharks are the club recent Blackburn signing Brett Emerton played at before moving to Feyenoord.

In January of this year he was accepted on trial at Millwall but failed to impress the manager Mark McGee and returned to the Sharks to see out the remaining months of his contract with them.

He became a free agent at the beginning of June when he celebrated his twenty third birthday and made his way to Scotland where he had trials with Dunfermiline Athletic. after DAFC passed he trialled at Hearts where manager Craig Levein had a thorough look at him prior to the clubs preseason tour of finland.

"Andy did well during the week here but he is not exactly what we are looking for" said Levein, "I just didn't think he was a great deal better than our current young players."

After a disappointing spell in Scotland, City have offered him a short term contract after a brief trial period.