PDA

View Full Version : Picnic 2008 line up

anto1208
26/03/2008, 10:21 AM
Out tonight 6pm i cant wait to see it just heard an ad with the sex pistols as the backing track :D

Anyone heard any rumours/confirmed acts all i have is the pistols, Sigur ros and franz ferdinand none of them confirmed but a good chance.

passinginterest
26/03/2008, 10:25 AM
Teddy bears?

jebus
26/03/2008, 10:32 AM
My Bloody Valentine, Faust, Tindersticks, Gary Numan and Sex Pistols all but confirmed, Franz Ferdinand heavily rumoured as well, so far so poor. Doesn't matter much as I'll be in the dance tent for the weekend but that teaser line up doesn't exactly set the pulse racing

anto1208
26/03/2008, 11:03 AM
My Bloody Valentine, Faust, Tindersticks, Gary Numan and Sex Pistols all but confirmed, Franz Ferdinand heavily rumoured as well, so far so poor. Doesn't matter much as I'll be in the dance tent for the weekend but that teaser line up doesn't exactly set the pulse racing

I'd Like to see the pistols and Cars from gary numan as its allways in the mighty boosh. all the rest i can leave .

I rarely go near the dance tent might go this year if my mates are playing both where offered slots last year but only one played as the other was away traveling.

But still ive bought every ticket each year before the line up comes out any way. If i get 5 bands/acts i get to see ill be happy

anto1208
26/03/2008, 11:39 AM
I was just handed this not sure where it came from or how accurate it is but it looks very good , some acts there that will be making there 2nd appearance so I don’t know if it’s a correct line up or a made up one or if they are getting acts that put on a good show to come back to make the line up stack up. I presume there are only so many bands out there that are picnic material. Still id have no complaints with this at least 15 acts id watch but as every year ill get to see 5 :D

Sigur ros, the sex pistols, franz ferdinand, underworld, superfury animals, Flamin Lips, Mogwai, Mercury rev, My Bloody valentine, Moby, Fat boy slim, Massive attack[B], Bloc party, Tindersticks, Supergrass, [B]The Cure, The Breeders,Elbow,CSS, George Clinton, Chic featuring Nial rogers Gary newman, The Human league, 808 State, The Orb, Faust, Neon Neon, Jamie lidelle, Foals, Lee scratch perry, Baaba Mal. the wedding present, sebastian tellier, henry rollins, Billy Bragg, Marty mulligan, Saul Williams, Booka shade, Transglobal underground, Goldfrapp, two gallants, King Creosete. Joe Lean and the jing jang jong, Damien Rice, Duke spirit, Crystal castles, Tinariwen, Red snapper, F**kk buttons, Micha P Hinson, Dan le sac V's Scroobius, Fish go deep, Grand National, Lisa hannigan, cinephile, King of Convienience, David Kitt, Donal dineen, Gossip, Plaid, Rodrigo y gabriella,

jebus
26/03/2008, 11:51 AM
Looks like an expanded list of one I was going to post up here now so I'd say it's correct, my picks (pending on time of day) would be

Sigur ros, the sex pistols, franz ferdinand, underworld, super furry animals, Flamin Lips, Mogwai, Mercury rev, My Bloody valentine, Moby, Fat boy slim, Massive attack, Bloc party, Tindersticks, Supergrass, The Cure, The Breeders,Elbow,CSS, George Clinton, Chic featuring Nial rogers Gary newman, The Human league, 808 State, The Orb, Faust, Neon Neon, Jamie lidelle, Foals, Lee scratch perry, Baaba Mal. the wedding present, sebastian tellier, henry rollins, Billy Bragg, Marty mulligan, Saul Williams, Booka shade, Transglobal underground, Goldfrapp, two gallants, King Creosete. Joe Lean and the jing jang jong, Damien Rice, Duke spirit, Crystal castles, Tinariwen, Red snapper, F**kk buttons, Micha P Hinson, Dan le sac V's Scroobius, Fish go deep, Grand National, Lisa hannigan, cinephile, kings of ConvienienceDavid Kitt, Donal dineen, Gossip, Plaid, Rodrigo y gabriella[/QUOTE]

deecay
26/03/2008, 1:40 PM
the line up is on tony fenton in 5mins

Lionel Ritchie
26/03/2008, 2:06 PM
Unless I do a u-turn on festivals of a magnitude that'd make Pauls Damascus cancelation look tame I'll not be going -but if I were then I'd be craning my neck pointlessly trying to make out if the tiny dots on the horizon making an echoey, faintly familiar sound are actually...

Sigur ros, the sex pistols, franz ferdinand, underworld, super furry animals, Flaming Lips, Mogwai, Mercury rev, My Bloody valentine, Moby, Fat boy slim, Massive attack, Bloc party, Tindersticks, Supergrass, The Cure, The Breeders,Elbow, CSS, George Clinton, Chic featuring Nial rogers Gary newman, The Human league, 808 State, The Orb, Faust, Neon Neon, Jamie lidelle, Foals, Lee scratch perry, Baaba Mal. the wedding present, sebastian tellier, henry rollins, Billy Bragg, Marty mulligan, Saul Williams, Booka shade, Transglobal underground, Goldfrapp, two gallants, King Creosete. Joe Lean and the jing jang jong, Damien Rice, Duke spirit, Crystal castles, Tinariwen, Red snapper, F**kk buttons, Micha P Hinson, Dan le sac V's Scroobius, Fish go deep, Grand National, Lisa hannigan, cinephile, kings of Convienience, David Kitt, Donal dineen, Gossip, Plaid, Rodrigo y gabriella

anto1208
26/03/2008, 2:19 PM
Unless I do a u-turn on festivals of a magnitude that'd make Pauls Damascus cancelation look tame I'll not be going -but if I were then I'd be craning my neck pointlessly trying to make out if the tiny dots on the horizon making an echoey, faintly familiar sound are actually...

Thats the joys of the picnic i got to see all the bands i wanted to, stood pretty close ( im too old for up the front ) well within viewing / listening distance plenty of room around me ( you will allways get idiots pushing through the crowd / dancing backwards ) but generally it was a very relaxed enjoyable experience. Well as relaxing as 3 days drinking in a field can be :D

SligoBrewer
26/03/2008, 6:28 PM
Confirmed Line-Up

Sex Pistols, Sigur Ros, Grinderman, Franz Ferdinand, George Clinton & The P-Funk Allstars, My Bloody Valentine, Goldfrapp, Christy Moore, Wilco, The Gossip, Duffy, Underworld, Tinariwen, CSS, Tindersticks, New Young Pony Club, Josh Ritter, Lisa Hannigan, Cathy Davey, That Petrol Emotion, The Breeders, Michael Franti & Spearhead, Sinead O'Connor, Henry Rollings, The Waterboys, The Roots, Kila, Micah P Hinson, Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes), Hayseed Dixie, Candi Staton, Juana Molina, Turin Brakes, Faust, Midnight Juggernauts, Tartit, Hadouken!, Silver Apples, Mark Geary, Teitur, Blitzen Trapper, Absentee, Balanescu Quartet, Lou Rhodes, Adrian Crowley, One Day International, The Yard Dogs, Tobias Froberg, Boss Volenti, Dawn Landes, Constantines, Yacht, Lionheart Brothers, Large Mound, Emmy the Great, Foals, Kormac & the BSQ Band, Jape, Noisettes, Dublin Gospel Choir…plus many more to be announced.

Out of that, I'd go to see Franz Ferdinand, Christy Moore, CSS, New Young Pony Club,and Josh Ritter. Maybe Hadouken.

Hope that Crystal Castles are added to the line-up as well.

I'll be chancing my arm and go into Electric Picnic instead of Oxegen.

superfrank
26/03/2008, 6:30 PM
George Clinton and Goldfrapp aside, I find that a crap line-up.

jebus
26/03/2008, 6:53 PM
Wow, that's by far and away the worst Electric Picnic line up I've ever seen, might even give it a miss this year

Marked Man
26/03/2008, 7:43 PM
Saw Grinderman at MSG last year. Excellent stuff, as expected from Nick Cave. Unfortunately the crowd was there to see the White Stripes (yaaaawwwnnn), so there was **** all atmosphere.

anto1208
26/03/2008, 11:23 PM
LINE-UP SO FAR:
Sex Pistols, Sigur Ros, Christy Moore, Underworld, CSS, Josh Ritter, Lisa Hannigan, Cathy davey, The Waterboys, Conor Oberst (Bright Eyes), Dublin Gospel Choir…

my want to see's for the festival over the moon brighteyes are there i went to oxegen to see them and he was a no show then missed him when he came back so im delighted to get to dee him this time.

But from the rumoured list its a big step down im sure they are holding back on a few waiting on confirmation or to push sales again in a few weeks

NeilMcD
27/03/2008, 2:04 PM
Electric Picnic is way better than Oxygen etc and to me its as much about the atmosphere and the craic you have with your friends as it is about the line-up. Most years there are abotu 5-10 bands that I want to see and that keeps me happy over the weekend while I just relax and enjoy it.

jebus
27/03/2008, 2:29 PM
Electric Picnic is way better than Oxygen etc and to me its as much about the atmosphere and the craic you have with your friend as it is about the line-up. Most years there are abotu 5-10 bands that I want to see and that keeps me happy over the weekend while I just relax and enjoy it.

I agree, but you do need a few bands interspersed to keep interest up

anto1208
27/03/2008, 3:45 PM
I agree, but you do need a few bands interspersed to keep interest up

True , I can drink in a field at home :D

jebus
27/03/2008, 3:58 PM
True , I can drink in a field at home :D

Especially for €240 I can, more beer after all :)

Honestly myself and anyone I know who was going to buy a ticket first thing tomorrow have decided to put it off for a few weeks to see who else is announced, and to be honest unless something major is announced I think I might just check out the Exit festival in Serbia. Electric Picnic for me has been on the slide since the high of 2005 and this could be the cut off point :(

NeilMcD
27/03/2008, 6:38 PM
Well having never paid for a ticket I am not sure I would fork out that much for it alright.

jebus
27/03/2008, 8:54 PM
Well having never paid for a ticket I am not sure I would fork out that much for it alright.

How did you get on jumping in last year? I bought a ticket for last year's event (must be getting on a bit :)) but walking around it struck me that security was a bit tighter than the year before. Especially as they just checked wrist bands going into the main stages in 2006 so you'd just wait for a crowd and plant yourself in the middle of them to get in, but they seemed to be checking them all over the shop last year

kingdom hoop
27/03/2008, 11:10 PM
who else is announced

All the dance acts (ie the important ones) will be announced in two weeks. Try sell all the tickets before all the undesirables decide they'd like to go. :D

For now, I can officially announce that Germany's finest, Booka Shade, will definitely be performing, according to their MySpace schedule anyway. I agree with you about price alright; the thought of cutting grass and cleaning windows to the tune of €240 over the next few days is causing me as much distress as the thought of missing out on the craic. :confused:

jebus
28/03/2008, 9:12 AM
Well I bought my ticket, I think I must have seen a shiny advert before going to bed because I woke up with an insatisable hunger for a ticket, goddamn capitalism :)

anto1208
28/03/2008, 9:42 AM
ticket master have the tickets on sale now 240 for a normal one and the family one which is ment to be 480 ish ( 2 adults and up to 4 kids under 12 ) is also showing up as 240 if any one wants to chance it.

Im surre they will notice it and charge you the full whack but is there some law about price displayed has to be charged in this country ??

EDIT : ah just tried it it comes up as none available if you tick 1 ticket you have to buy 2 but the service charge on it is 1.25 instead of 6 something ( each ticket ) so its a tenner less still !!

NeilMcD
28/03/2008, 12:07 PM
All the dance acts (ie the important ones) will be announced in two weeks. Try sell all the tickets before all the undesirables decide they'd like to go. :D

For now, I can officially announce that Germany's finest, Booka Shade, will definitely be performing, according to their MySpace schedule anyway. I agree with you about price alright; the thought of cutting grass and cleaning windows to the tune of €240 over the next few days is causing me as much distress as the thought of missing out on the craic. :confused:

I wonder is there any truth to that, that they think the knackers are into dance music and therefore hold out on announcing the dance acts until it is sold out.

kingdom hoop
28/03/2008, 12:21 PM
Yeah I'd say there's probably something in it alright. The fact that Booka Shade are confirmed on their MySpace page but weren't announced would lend credence to the theory anyway. I don't see why else they'd hold back the line-up for the dance tent to be honest. The festival will sell out anyway (I'm sure they know that or they wouldn't charge so much) so why not announce dance acts who have confirmed themselves to be playing unless there's something sinister afoot? :)

anto1208
28/03/2008, 12:52 PM
Oh no doubt about it dance = scoabs

MojoPin
29/03/2008, 10:57 AM
paul simon announced yesterday! thats a whole line up of guitar playing old men...

EDIT: wrong thread meant for marquee thread

deecay
24/04/2008, 10:18 AM
heard yesterday that primal scream are supposedly added aswell. pretty happy with that:)