PDA

View Full Version : Shane Dempsey in Ireland U19 squad

DmanDmythDledge
25/03/2008, 5:05 PM
Just in case you missed it lads
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3015

McCaffrey has added six new players for the double-header. They are Kurtis Byrne (Hibernian), Mark O’Toole (Norwich City), Sean Byrne (Bohemians), Daniel Corcoran (Sporting Fingal), Shane Dempsey (Wexford Youths) and Barry Smith (Dundalk).

He's on the bench tonight.

passinginterest
25/03/2008, 5:14 PM
Just in case you missed it lads
http://www.fai.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3015

He's on the bench tonight.

That's great news, had been half expecting it as McCaffrey has been to watch the under 18s recently and Dempsey has been starring for them.

Would be massive for the club to see him earn a cap.

Splurge
25/03/2008, 7:07 PM
Has he played with the first team? You'd think that if he was good enough for the country he'd be pushing for the 1st team.

passinginterest
25/03/2008, 8:42 PM
Has he played with the first team? You'd think that if he was good enough for the country he'd be pushing for the 1st team.

Started twice and came on as a sub twice in the league last season. I'm not sure if he's been injured or just being kept for the U.18s this year. Not too many of the younger lads playing at the moment because they playing in the Wex league this year, as well as the FAI youth cup and the inter league cup.

ForzaWexford
25/03/2008, 9:27 PM
When he plays with the right attitude he's as good a central midfielder as we've got. Strong tackler, good vision and can be lethal in a dead-ball situation.

Yea I'd say passinginterest is right, he's been kept busy enough with the FAI youth cup and the interleague aswell. And maybe his fitness is lacking a little for First Division football.

ForzaWexford
26/03/2008, 3:20 AM
He didn't get a run tonight and we lost 3-0. Hopefully he might get a game on Thursday in Turner's Cross.

Splurge
26/03/2008, 6:12 PM
He didn't get a run tonight and we lost 3-0. Hopefully he might get a game on Thursday in Turner's Cross.

what sort of team did we put out against Cobh, are they going to be able for a game 2 days later, against Dundalk of all ppl.

WexCar
26/03/2008, 6:41 PM
as far as i know it was our second string side against cobhs second string.
don't have the line up though so cant be sure.

passinginterest
26/03/2008, 7:27 PM
as far as i know it was our second string side against cobhs second string.
don't have the line up though so cant be sure.

Eventually found the teams in the Evening Herald. A totally second string Wexford side:
Doyle
A Rossiter
Harper
Broaders (Kelly 90)
P Rossiter
Kearney (C Wallace 80)
O'Loughlin
Fox
McGuire
Browne
Dempsey (G Wallace 85)

ForzaWexford
26/03/2008, 8:50 PM
Gareth Wallace is U15. Conor Wallace is U17. Pa Doyle, Warren Broaders and Keith Kearney are U18. Paul Rossiter, Ricky Fox, Craig McGuire and Kyle Dempsey are U19. Aaron Harpur is U20. Locky, Rossi, Browne and Kelly must have felt old!

WexCar
26/03/2008, 8:52 PM
when will we know who we are playin next?

ForzaWexford
26/03/2008, 8:56 PM
http://www.eircomloi.ie/other-competitions/eircom-league-of-ireland-/2008-season/fixtures/

That link doesn't say but it gives the pools. Haven't a clue how it works but we're probably playing either Cork or Limerick.

kopite
30/03/2008, 1:43 PM
have got the kerry league at home,dempsey has been going thru an indifferent patch of form,can't say i blame him.people have said its his attitude,i say its possibly burn-out.he played senior,u21 and u18 club/county last season.when the 21s/seniors finished,this chap was still playing u18 club/county.now his season has continued he was doing pre-season with the seniors and now to cap it off hes playing international.he played about 30 minutes in the 0-0 with france on thursday,gave a good account of himself.