PDA

View Full Version : Predictions

Snatch
24/08/2001, 1:28 PM
City should be back to the usual 4-4-2 line up with Jimmy Mull and Stephen O'Flynn to start up front.

Bray are a skillful side but neccesity should spur City on .

Head's prediction: 1-1 draw

Heart's prediction: 2-1 to City, Flynn and Mulligan to score.:)

Neil
24/08/2001, 2:14 PM
If Carey comes back in for Daly, and O'Flynn and Mulligan play again, we might sneak a 0-0 draw.

Every game that Hartigan doesn't play is a good result in my mind.

pete
24/08/2001, 2:30 PM
If Gunther plays Colin again tonight I really am going to do my nut!!!! I won't be driving down thru dublin traffic to watch Colin try once more to kick the ball past the fullback & chase it :( :(

Won't Carey need time to recover from a couple of weeks on the beer in Ibiza?

Neil
24/08/2001, 4:13 PM
Bray welcome back Eddie Gormley and Jody Lynch, who have both shaken off knee injuries. However, Dave Campbell and Davey Williamson are still on the treatment table. For Cork, Alan Bennett and Alan Carey return to the squad. The pair were given permission by Liam Murphy to take late holidays. Tony Tynan is unavailable, as he is currently away with the Irish team at the World Student Games. Bray have not lost at home in over a year, while Cork's record on the road last season was terrible. Admittedly, it improved when Liam Murphy took over, but no points from two games shows that Cork still have a long way to go. Three season's ago, Bohemians started in a similar fashion and only remained in the Premier Division after a play-off. Cork, you have been warned.

Neil
24/08/2001, 4:15 PM
Referee: John Stacey (Athlone)

Neil
24/08/2001, 4:18 PM
Murphy said: "We need to take something from this game. With up to four teams being relegated this season a good start is very important. But so far we haven’t picked up a point. We need to get back to winning games."

-----

The first mention of relegation!

Schumi
24/08/2001, 4:21 PM
Originally posted by neil
Bray have not lost at home in over a year.

Well that's wrong for a start. UCD won down there last September.

pete
24/08/2001, 5:05 PM
I see Gunther has pegged back expectations already by mentioning relegation. that way he can tell us all he did warn us in August :rolleyes:

Neil
24/08/2001, 5:13 PM
Originally posted by rebel
that way he can tell us all he did warn us in August
and so then if we avoid relegation it will be considered a good season, and the oul brigade will have a job for next season again.