PDA

View Full Version : Athlone Game

centre mid
24/03/2008, 9:03 PM
Excellent 2nd half performance, Great to see Franco and Emika getting a run out. Solid enough at the back.

superfrank
24/03/2008, 9:47 PM
Terrible first-half. Very good in the second. Still don't think we'll get anything from Pats. Athlone haven't scored all season but they still managed to get a few scraps in our back line area.

Great to get some goals. Though Mulroy was outstanding. I hope he starts against Pats.

The Fox
24/03/2008, 9:52 PM
Good solid performance all round - exactly what was needed after the poor league start. Franco had a great game and must now come in to the reckoning - held the ball up well and distributed it well. Steadier at the back too - good to see Doherty back.

Stevo Da Gull
25/03/2008, 1:24 AM
We were like a different team once we got in front, we just believed in ourselves more. Mulroy had a great game. He, Franco and Doherty did themselves no harm in particular - good stuff!

Ash
25/03/2008, 7:02 AM
We were like a different team once we got in front, we just believed in ourselves more. Mulroy had a great game. He, Franco and Doherty did themselves no harm in particular - good stuff!

Agree 100%. Up until the 1st goal went in we were right up there ...
but then after 1-0 ye stepped up a gear but we couldnt get out of neutral.

Thanks agian to those involved with the Supporters Club for the half time presentation.
It is a very nice gesture and much appreciated.

Also credit to those involved in the Fans Friendly Room.

BrayUnknowns
25/03/2008, 8:46 AM
3-0, job done, confidence booster but that was about it i reckon. Don't think we played that well at all. 1 or 2 players stood out but we were playing quite a poor team so i would have expected more.

Ivory is getting better by the game i think, very strong in the tackle and loves to get forward. Lacks a little bit of pace though but still playing very well at present. Thought Pender was the best player on the pitch. Defended excellently and bombed down the left wing all night, he even came close to scoring, easily our best signing of the pre season from what ive seen so far.

Was great to see everyone showing their support for Franco and great to see him get the full second half in. He did ok but gave it away quite a lot, to be expected though with his lack of games i suppose. Did very well in setting up Emeka's goal at the end.

Mulroy was outstanding once again up front, for such a small guy he wins quite a lot in the air. Really decent prospect and hopefully keeps getting games to help in his development

Cabinteelygull
25/03/2008, 1:08 PM
Any chance of us taking the competition seriously this year? good chance for some silverware!

Good to hear franco getting a runout, who were our scorers? hopefully franco will get a chance on friday if eddie isn't afraid of change:ball:

superfrank
25/03/2008, 2:04 PM
Dunphy, Mulroy and Onuwbiko got the goals.

Hulsey
26/03/2008, 10:00 AM
3-0, job done, confidence booster but that was about it i reckon. Don't think we played that well at all. 1 or 2 players stood out but we were playing quite a poor team so i would have expected more.

Ivory is getting better by the game i think, very strong in the tackle and loves to get forward. Lacks a little bit of pace though but still playing very well at present. Thought Pender was the best player on the pitch. Defended excellently and bombed down the left wing all night, he even came close to scoring, easily our best signing of the pre season from what ive seen so far.

Was great to see everyone showing their support for Franco and great to see him get the full second half in. He did ok but gave it away quite a lot, to be expected though with his lack of games i suppose. Did very well in setting up Emeka's goal at the end.

Mulroy was outstanding once again up front, for such a small guy he wins quite a lot in the air. Really decent prospect and hopefully keeps getting games to help in his development

Imo Ivory is better without the ball than with it. He seems to get a bit paniky when he gets the ball anywhere near an opposition attacker.

Mulroy looks quality and is easily our most impressive striker this season, followed by emeka. We get 110% effort from the two compared to what we've seen from Rowe, and lets hope Myler was injured against ucd or we'll be wasting a lot on wages this year.

The back line could be falling into place nicely with doherty returning.

braysnumber1
26/03/2008, 2:02 PM
A win, 3 goals and a clean sheet, wouldnt this be nice on friday. Athlone are muck, the worst team i've seen in years, lets not get our hopes up too much....