PDA

View Full Version : Serbia ko time

mypost
23/03/2008, 8:41 PM
The FAI state that the ko of the home game v Serbia will be 7.30pm on 24 May. Find it hard to believe that it will stay so, as it clashes with Eurovision, in Serbia. :eek:

With that in mind, I wonder if RTS* will ask the FAI to bring forward the ko to an afternoon time, as unlike here, the Eurovision is a big event in Serbia, especially as they are hosting it, and if the two events clash, most of their viewers will choose the song contest over the match.

*= Assuming RTS will be showing the game live.

tetsujin1979
23/03/2008, 11:01 PM
It's being shown on Sky, who are showing the Heineken Cup Final that afternoon, so to avoid a schedule conflict, and (more importantly) maximise the viewing figures, I reckon it'll be on at 7:30

Razors left peg
24/03/2008, 1:50 AM
It's being shown on Sky, who are showing the Heineken Cup Final that afternoon, so to avoid a schedule conflict, and (more importantly) maximise the viewing figures, I reckon it'll be on at 7:30

hate evening kick offs on a saturday. dont mind on a wednesday coz I drive back to Galway after but always stay up for the weekend games and the late kick off is a pain in the hole

Newryrep
24/03/2008, 10:56 AM
The FAI state that the ko of the home game v Serbia will be 7.30pm on 24 May. Find it hard to believe that it will stay so, as it clashes with Eurovision, in Serbia. :eek:

With that in mind, I wonder if RTS* will ask the FAI to bring forward the ko to an afternoon time, as unlike here, the Eurovision is a big event in Serbia, especially as they are hosting it, and if the two events clash, most of their viewers will choose the song contest over the match.

*= Assuming RTS will be showing the game live.

Thought something along those lines as well, if it is on Sky what time does the heinken cup finish at ? maybe a 5.00 KO for Serbia game to avoid eurovision. If it was at 5.00 would get the Calcutta express there and back, but any later we have to arrange a lift down but more importantly back. Prefer to train it down TBH

as_i_say
25/03/2008, 10:29 AM
Cant imagine too many serb or irish fans being bothered abut a footie game clashing with 3 hours of euro-tripe eurovision drivel.
ill probably tape dustins effort and erm the voting as well. ;)