PDA

View Full Version : Gallagher hopes to net Pats exit

A face
10/07/2003, 5:18 PM
Gallagher hopes to net Pats exit

St Patrick’s Athletic’s League Cup semi-final shoot-out hero James Gallagher is intent on leaving the club at the end of the season, and may even be on his way from Richmond Park long before then, with Derry City one of his possible destinations, according to morning newspaper reports.

Former Celtic youngster Gallagher saved three spot-kicks in the shoot-out against Cork City at Richmond on Monday night, laying the foundations for Pats march to the final, where they will take on Longford Town.

The 24-year-old has played in every League Cup game for the Saints this season as manager Eamonn Collins shuffled his pack, but former West Brom man Chris Adamson has nailed down the number one position since joining in the close-season and Gallagher realises he must leave the club if he is to get first-team football.

He told the Irish Sun: “My contract is up at the end of the current season and at this stage it’s beyond the point where I will be staying. I have had regular chats with Eamonn about my future [but] it’s plain to me that Chris is going to be number one here.”

Elsewhere, speculation has linked Gallagher with a move to Pats’ Premier Division rivals, Derry City, who are set to be robbed of the services of on-loan shotstopper David Forde. The Welshman is due to return to West Ham United to begin pre-season training within the coming weeks.

www.eleven-a-side.com (http://www.eleven-a-side.com/premier/story.asp?newsid=6324)