PDA

View Full Version : Player ratings V Lim37

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 11:19 PM
1. Steve Williams - Did a competant job all game with few threats to worry him. Had a bit of a worry near 80 minutes when a swirling ball dropped behind him and a jumping L37 player and just got something on it to shovel it out. 7/10

2. Derek Tyrrell - A solid and classy right back, I cannot wait to see him play this season, he was especially good with the ball, always finding a team-mate and supporting the attack by starting off with a good pass 8/10

3. Brian Kelly - Felt that the winger gave him a tough time in the first half. Settled down in the second, but a few wayward passes don't help his progress. Seemed to be suffering after the elbow incident on Sunday 6/10

4. Dave Rogers - Another one of those tough men who loves to pass the ball. He was solid and lead the back four after Byrnes departure. He covered a lot for Kelly, and helped a huge amount at the end when Limerick smelled blood. 7/10

5. Philip Byrne - Did excellent in the first half until forced off with an injury. The ball was drawn to his head like a magnet and he is unfussy as a centre half -which we need with so many passers. We missed his presence in the second half 7/10

6. Jim Crawford - Works like a machine in the middle of the park. I actually saw him block 2 shots tonight. Always wins it unfussily and passes it forward which is all you want out of a defensive midfielder. Man of the match - just about 9/10:cool:

7. Conan Byrne - Is he a winger, is he a striker. Great touches and ability to skim past fullbacks very important to the forward movement of the team. Equally good in the middle and great awareness. Missed a chance that most other players wouldn't have engineered for themselves in the first place. Inspired 9/10:cool:

8. Colm James - Not afraid to get on the ball but a few of us felt he could press forward and help the attack a bit better than he did. In the end he was desperately trying to flail around midfield to stop L37 shooting. Could do better 6/10

9. Peter Hynes - His willingness to work for the team is exceptional. But sometimes he has the ball control of Ronaldo and other times Reo-coker. Had 2 half chances to score. 7/10

10. Paul Caffrey - For an attacking midfielder he doesn't get forward nearly enough. Maybe needs to have the burdens of defending lifted off him. Not a nightmare of a game but not a captains game either and was brought off with a knock or fatigue 5/10

11. Robbie Doyle - A mercurial little black-tighted talent, took the penalty well, showed flashes of brilliance but faded as the game progressed. A habit of not playing the right final ball, but then was left isolated too often as he skipped forwards past the left back in the first half. 7/10

Lamper.sffc
22/03/2008, 12:00 AM
Agree with most of the player ratings. But man that robbie doyle is a headless chicken ( From what iv seen so far). Not saying he had much to aim for in the box but their keeper should not be one of them. How many times did he give the ball to the opposition.
Also went down injured with a ladder in his tights and god bless him he just about managed to carry on :)

Santry_Goonshow
22/03/2008, 9:45 AM
Agree with most of the player ratings. But man that robbie doyle is a headless chicken ( From what iv seen so far). Not saying he had much to aim for in the box but their keeper should not be one of them. How many times did he give the ball to the opposition.
Also went down injured with a ladder in his tights and god bless him he just about managed to carry on :)

Lordy you are fussy, at least he beat his man and knows how to control the ball and use his pace. We are talking about a player with one thing misssing in a team that is developing before our eyes. I'm stickin with 7/10.

I should have rated our no.14 (Collins?) who came on for Peter Byrne. He actually got in the way of 3 attacks in the last 10 minutes when L37 were rattling us. Good in the air but looks nervous trying to pick up his marker. He's a good player with good instincts. 7/10

Lamper.sffc
22/03/2008, 3:16 PM
I dont think wanting the player to pass to another team mate at least some of the time as being fussy. You can beat all the players you want but if you cant deliver one decent pass whats the point. Its like a Lamborghini driving down a cul de sac, it may look good, still going nowhere though.;)

Santry_Goonshow
22/03/2008, 11:16 PM
I dont think wanting the player to pass to another team mate at least some of the time as being fussy. You can beat all the players you want but if you cant deliver one decent pass whats the point. Its like a Lamborghini driving down a cul de sac, it may look good, still going nowhere though.;)

OK, I like it. But let's drive up to the top and see if it is a cul de sac. Doyler is a better passer than what he's showing which is prob what is behind your frustration.

TheBoss
25/03/2008, 11:20 PM
Where can you get the lineups for this game ?

Santry_Goonshow
25/03/2008, 11:37 PM

www.sportingfingal.ie (http://www.sportingfingal.ie)

TheBoss
26/03/2008, 12:12 AM
I can not see any ?

Santry_Goonshow
26/03/2008, 6:35 PM
Sorry boss, the website is updated regulalrly and they seem to take down the player line-ups after a couple of days. they were on the bottom of the match report.

L37Ultra
27/03/2008, 11:29 PM

http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/101/111/10297/1/

Santry_Goonshow
27/03/2008, 11:35 PM
http://www.extratime.ie/fixtures/detail/101/111/10297/1/

Wow! That's well wrong. Hynsey as a midfielder!!!. He's our only out and out striker. Musta been on hash doing that line-up. Maybe they asked that Shels fan who counted our crowd as 2 men, a dog a cat and a rusty bicycle clip was asked to phone in the squad list. LOL:)