PDA

View Full Version : Dundalk Game

Dunny
20/03/2008, 11:22 PM
Match Preview:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/080319_LongfordPreview.asp

LTFCfan
21/03/2008, 1:22 AM
Looking forward to it, hopefully a good crown after a great start for us in the league, bring it on!!:D

max power
21/03/2008, 9:06 AM
how is the pitch ??

Keen2win
21/03/2008, 9:51 AM
Dundalk haven’t kept a clean-sheet in the league against Longford in exactly 23 years!

:eek: And people used to complain about our attack:D

Keen2win
21/03/2008, 9:59 AM
By the way that must be the best loi website. Its savage, keep it up. God help the person(s) who made up that match preview:ball:

Rocky77
21/03/2008, 10:04 AM
Match Preview:

http://www.dundalkfc.com/news/080319_LongfordPreview.asp

That is outstanding work. Take a bow Dundalk, by far the most detailed preview any club has offered up. Well done.

De Town
21/03/2008, 10:59 AM
That preview is truly excellent. Fair play to Dundalk.

Looking forward to the game, and would take a draw if it was offered to me now.

Anyone know what the story is with Andy Bermingham and Gary Murphy? Are they available?

Xlex
21/03/2008, 11:27 AM
The only thing I have to question...

Why isn't the game tonight? Good Friday, nothing much on....

RonnieB
21/03/2008, 11:32 AM
I know, it would have been a good night for it. Think we played at home on good friday last year.

Tallanted
21/03/2008, 11:48 AM
Bermingham went to america for 3 weeks, he said he would miss 3 games so presume he will be back after the limerick game

Bosco
21/03/2008, 11:51 AM
Hopefully we'll have a good crowd out for this,just to let everyone know we're gona have a **** load of new flags over in section o for this game(as long as we're let in with them) so as much people over there as possible(to hold the flags if nothing else)

Longfordian
21/03/2008, 11:56 AM
Looking forward to this game, hope we get a decent enough crowd, I'd imagine Dundalk will bring a few. I think it'll be tough though. Also, just to echo some of the earlier comments, that's a great preview on the Dundalk site, a lot of work went into that obviously.

Cabs88
21/03/2008, 12:34 PM
Just to re-iterate what bosco said, we'll need a lot of people there early on saturday night, we've 11 new flags / banners and we want them all ready for kick off. Who knows, we may be ably assisted by the junior supporters club!!

As regards the match, im looking forward to the game and a chance to see what the best the league have to offer (I wasnt in waterford).
I dont expect the same gung ho attitude as we played in fingal, it will be interesting to see how e'll line up. I'd expect Aaron will want to keep a close eye on duffy, who does have talent, so i doubt we'll see 2 out and out wingers /side strikers. Especially if our left back played like he did in waterford from the reports ive heard. From what ive seen of Hardy in the holding role in the middle im impressed, and he will be key.

I reckon there could be a few goals in the game, but if we could sneak a win, maybe 2-1, and it will be a great result going down to Limerick friday

Martinho II
22/03/2008, 12:44 PM
what a preview on da website... well done.. really lookin forward to this game as a very good friend of mine supports them and hopefully he will be down today.. im feelin confident on the game think it will be a score draw... I really like the way aaron has structured this new look side... expect davoren to shine for us today...

Martinho II
22/03/2008, 12:45 PM
[QUOTE=Cabs88;902566]Just to re-iterate what bosco said, we'll need a lot of people there early on saturday night, we've 11 new flags / banners and we want them all ready for kick off. Who knows, we may be ably assisted by the junior supporters club!!

btw cabs really lookin forward to seein these new flags.. are these the ones off tifo?

Clubhouse
22/03/2008, 3:48 PM
will section O have a song mag this year, it would be great if the words were available, might get a few more songsters in the stands.

The Longford!
22/03/2008, 8:43 PM
Longford 1 Dundalk 2 FT

McKenna for us.

Keen2win
22/03/2008, 9:31 PM
Disappointed with that. I thaught we played bad. Daire shouldn't have been taken off. Good crowd from Dundalk- a pity about a certain undesiarable element to the Dundalk crowd. About ?900 at the game.

De Town
22/03/2008, 11:03 PM
yeah would have guessed the crowd to be between 950-1000 myself.

not a great performance, but not sure if we deserved to be beaten at the same time. we had a certain penalty not given in the first half, think it was rushe who was tripped, no doubt it should have been given. and davoren missed a great chance when put through 1 on 1 with their keeper, but he got too close to him and the keeper saved. dundalk didnt really show much apart from their 2 goals, but i suppose thats what counts in the end.

RonnieB
22/03/2008, 11:09 PM
Good display with the banners tonight.

http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc00031yy1.jpg

De Town
22/03/2008, 11:11 PM

twas, but pity about the planks who had to ruin it by throwing on the tennis ball after our goal:rolleyes:

atfconline
22/03/2008, 11:56 PM

Is that you down in the bottom left (http://photos2.pix.ie/CD/17/CD17D1590BD74DB1AEE4449222ACB985-500.jpg?r=1) Ronnie!? :) It looked well to be fair.

RonnieB
23/03/2008, 12:09 AM
Top left ;)

Dunny
23/03/2008, 12:25 AM
Does anyone know if there is any footage of the game?

Clubhouse
23/03/2008, 10:02 AM
Not a bad performance from the town.I thought they were a little bit unlucky and to be fair the ref dint'nt help.Anyway lets look forward to the limerick game, it's early days yet and anything can happen.Fair play to section o they were very colourful and as usual sang their harts out.Good crowd and lets hopes it continues.Com on de town bring on limerick.

De Town
23/03/2008, 10:37 AM
Does anyone know if there is any footage of the game?

didnt see a camera there myself.

Battery Rover
23/03/2008, 12:30 PM
Went over for a look myself and thought Longford looked very poor on the left side of the pitch with Ryan Casey at left back.

Gary Murphy looked good and made some nice runs and has a good touch and the guy playing right back looks a good player.

Brought a camera to film it but took it out and it was the cold couldn't hold it steady so put it back in

Pauro 76
23/03/2008, 1:19 PM

That is fantastic! Well done lads! :)

Longfordian
23/03/2008, 6:13 PM
Went over for a look myself and thought Longford looked very poor on the left side of the pitch with Ryan Casey at left back.

Gary Murphy looked good and made some nice runs and has a good touch and the guy playing right back looks a good player.

Brought a camera to film it but took it out and it was the cold couldn't hold it steady so put it back in

Was that you in the Athlone jacket? You were accosted by Tom?! Passed by you at one stage if so! Ryan O'Donnell is our right back. Thought we could have got something from the game but considering Dundalk are probably one of the favourites to win the division we held our own. Nice goal from McKenna, good work from Gary Murphy.

Battery Rover
23/03/2008, 7:39 PM
Was that you in the Athlone jacket? You were accosted by Tom?! Passed by you at one stage if so!

Yeah that was me. Tom was trying to find out what time I would be in Bray on Monday night and when he goes down to Lissywollen would we look after him. We always do but he keeps asking that question.

Martinho II
23/03/2008, 7:42 PM
very disappointed with the result... thought dundalk were the better team.. very proud of the banner display but not so proud for a certain muppet who fired a tennis ball onto the pitch...

its great to have a great crowd in section o lads but there is a bad element creeping in.
for goodness sake we are in enough trouble with the club.. I have our stewards on myself and a few other lads backs the last two games.. treat the ground as if its your own home.. its ridiculuous the amount of broken seats on our side..it costs ninety euros to put in a new seat... I dont mind avin the crack but theres only a certain amount that the club can tolerate,,

theres fai observers at each game we can get heavily fined or face ground closure.. I am not goin to accuse particular names unless theres proof but anyone that acts too much the mickey should hang their heads in shame and it wont be tolerated any more by the club..

rant over

Longfordian
23/03/2008, 11:17 PM
Yeah that was me. Tom was trying to find out what time I would be in Bray on Monday night and when he goes down to Lissywollen would we look after him. We always do but he keeps asking that question.

Same old Tom so..last I saw of him he was ranting on about how he was going to talk to Pat Dolan. What about I can only imagine.

Rocky77
24/03/2008, 9:20 AM
Overall I'd say it was a fair result. Dundalk have a bit more about them and we looked a little uneasy in defence at times. Not happy with the defending for their two goals but these are things to be worked on.

Four points from the first three games is a good return and I'd definitely have taken it before a ball was kicked.

Macy
24/03/2008, 11:38 AM
its great to have a great crowd in section o lads but there is a bad element creeping in.
for goodness sake we are in enough trouble with the club.. I have our stewards on myself and a few other lads backs the last two games.. treat the ground as if its your own home.. its ridiculuous the amount of broken seats on our side..it costs ninety euros to put in a new seat... I dont mind avin the crack but theres only a certain amount that the club can tolerate,,

theres fai observers at each game we can get heavily fined or face ground closure.. I am not goin to accuse particular names unless theres proof but anyone that acts too much the mickey should hang their heads in shame and it wont be tolerated any more by the club..

rant over
Marty - it's not your reponsibility to steward section O, it's the stewards job. Instead of watching the game they should be watching the crowd - it's obvious enough what part of the crowd is liable to be an issue. If a tennis ball which was no where near hitting anyone is going to get us a fine, then the FAI should get a bloody life considering what goes on at other games and clubs.

With regard to broken seats, are they seriously trying to hang that one on section O? They're hardly top quality and they've basically been breaking since they were installed through general wear and tear not abuse. Sounds like the stewards need to get a reality check instead of coming on all heavy.

Basically Marty (and others) tell any stewards that trying to get you to do their job, that it's their responsibility to steward the fans. That's what they're paid for (or volunteer for). Just because they don't bother their hole to do it properly is not down to any of the older section O heads.

Cabs88
24/03/2008, 12:20 PM
Firstly, as regards the game, i thought first half we tried playin football, but in the second half as dundalk got more physical, we seemed to resort to playin long ball which didnt suit our style of play. Murphy never got a touch of the ball in the second, and when he did, he set up the goal. I feel the back four and goalkeeper especially need to start communicating more, this is where kelly's experience should come in, but so far this is not evident and cost us the first goal. I thought Doyle played well, but was perhaps take off when the game began to bypass him, in favour of Barrett, who showed one or two nice touches. Id like to think with frawley back in the next game we would look more assured at the back, and whats the story with chuckie o'riordan?
All in all it was a wake up after the last two games to life in the first division.

As regards the tennis ball, yes it was stupid and it cannot be condoned regardless. But it all goes back if there were more stewards over in section O you'd like to think these things wouldnt happen, and if they did, the people behind it would be removed. It is where the majority of the crowd apart from the stand congregate, and thats where the stewards should be.
The display worked well, and we are getting good numbers in section O, however more needs to be done to ensure it just doesnt turn into a place where young lads and girls go for an hour and a half every saturday evening to cause trouble with no interest in football.

Clubhouse
24/03/2008, 2:36 PM
Hey come on lads if you claim to love the club as much as you say you do you wouldnt need any stewarts in Section O at all, for Pity sake are you really that juvenile, always admired section O but with an attitude like this im beginning to wonder.

Keen2win
24/03/2008, 2:48 PM
Sorry for being a bit off-topic but whats the story with the LTFC free text alerts. I'm not getting any, is anyone else?:confused:

De Town
24/03/2008, 3:47 PM
Sorry for being a bit off-topic but whats the story with the LTFC free text alerts. I'm not getting any, is anyone else?:confused:

i signed up for them alright, but havent got any either.

LTFCfan
24/03/2008, 5:03 PM
Enjoyed the game, pity we didnt score early on with that chance davo had. I think the inexperience showed. Didnt think Doyle should have been taken off. Not sure bout Barrett at all, hes a poor finisher. The long ball is no good, they're far better keepin it on the ground. Nice to seen mckenna scoring again tho. Would have been grand to have a draw-but thats the way it goes! A few lessons learned i'd say...
Fair play to section O! A great effort with the flags and a good crowd!:)

Cabs88
24/03/2008, 5:30 PM
Hey come on lads if you claim to love the club as much as you say you do you wouldnt need any stewarts in Section O at all, for Pity sake are you really that juvenile, always admired section O but with an attitude like this im beginning to wonder.

The majority of section O do love the club, so theres no point in coming across all high and mighty, when support was low last year, section O kept coming back with more numbers. When not even our esteemed "official" supporters club organised buses, we did. The display the other night is testament to our love for the club, and the time, money and effort we spend regularly on supporting the club

As with everything a crowd brings a crowd, and unfortunately there has been an undesireable element coming of late. These people go to games with no interest in football, so there is a need for stewards. A stewards job is to ensure proper behaviour at grounds, and this is what they should be doing.
If they are not prepared to do the job they volunteer for, then there is no point in them being there.

Clubhouse
24/03/2008, 10:43 PM
Well distance yourselves from these ''undesireables'' surely all you lads know each other and can spot a bad one a mile away, take responsibility for section O yourselves, I saw section O in Sligo last year and was appauled by some of the behaviour there, I reckoned you were all in it together, this is probably how the stewarts view it too, one or two bad apples spoiling the cart. Why not have section O membership and use the membership fee to purchase flags etc, this way you have control and can approach the stewarts and get them on your side.
Im not taking the high ground flancare and da town belongs to us all even the stewarts and by working together we can make the club stronger.

Bosco
24/03/2008, 11:40 PM
Will everyone please just calm the **** down!

Reading this thread you'd swear there had been an all out riot in section o.Yes,throwing anything on the pitch is stupid and bang out of order but can people please stop over reacting.It was thrown on during a goal celebration and was absolutely nowhere near any players or officials.While everyone was losing their heads and shouting abuse here there and everywhere,I went over to the fella that did it and had a word with him,I know him,hes a nice fella and he honestly didnt think it was that big a deal considering the amount of till roll that it constantly fired on,he was very apologetic and was about to put his hand up and say that he did it and apologise to the older fellas but I told him to leave it because ye were all too busy abusing the wrong group of fellas and I knew that it was very likely that there was going to be a serious over reaction if he was to admit to it.Hes not one of these young fellas that have only come over recently,he was at most matches home and away last season.
He did it,hes sorry,hes been given out to,he wont do it again,END OF STORY!

One of the stewards was also talking to me about the seats and to be honest its a mystery to me,how these are being broken.Apparently theres been something like 15 broken all ready this season?From being over there I've certainly never seen anyone try to damage a seat and can only presume that these seats are being damaged by over the top goal celebrations of which we are all guilty of so theres no need for anyone to be pointing the finger at any individuals or groups without some kind of evidence.

Also on this "undesirable element" creeping into section o.There has been a big increase in the numbers over in section o starting from last season,before this there was usually only 10 to 15 people over in section,so basically everyone knew each other,now that theres bigger numbers people seem to be jumping to conclusions that these fellas that they don't know are just over looking for trouble.I'm not saying that there arn't fellas just over to mess and i'd be suspicous of a few lads but the point is that what trouble have these "undesirables" caused so far??Theres been no real trouble so far,if there is,it can be dealt with but until then I think everyone just needs to relax a bit.A shels fan lost sight in his eye 2 weeks ago at a match thanks to a rival fan and we're all on here going crazy about a tennis ball...

Bosco
24/03/2008, 11:44 PM
Oh and just to notify people that we're running a bus down to limerick,probably leaving around half 3 from town on friday,let me know if you're interested..

Clubhouse
25/03/2008, 11:21 AM
Good on ya Bosco!!!!!!!!