PDA

View Full Version : Statto

Santry_Goonshow
20/03/2008, 10:59 PM
Sorry - a real nerd question here. What was KCs first home game in the eircom league. Also what was the attendance at that game and what is the ground capacity?:ball:

strangeirish
21/03/2008, 12:56 PM
Sorry - a real nerd question here. What was KCs first home game in the eircom league. Also what was the attendance at that game and what is the ground capacity?:ball: First home competitive league game was a 3-1 loss to Limerick. Can't find an attendance figure though. Ground capacity is 2500.

oldyouth
21/03/2008, 3:34 PM
Many coming down for the game? Very stormy here at the minute

steno
23/03/2008, 1:11 PM
had around 15 away fans scattered around the ground

Statto this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kildare_County_F.C.
might be of help.

Philly
17/04/2008, 1:24 PM
V Limerick in our first competitive game in the LOI D1 Cup there were 3,000.

KildareFan
17/04/2008, 1:48 PM
V Limerick in our first competitive game in the LOI D1 Cup there were 3,000.

What were you drinking that day Philly?? Think you might have been seeing double, 1,500 is more like it.

That was one of 3 occassions that we broke the 1,000 mark that season, wonder if we'll ever see that size crowd again?!?

Kildare Lad
20/04/2008, 2:57 PM
In 2005 i think it was we had about 1,500 when we played Rovers

steno
20/04/2008, 5:00 PM
2005 V Shamrock Rovers must have been a friendly? so wouldn't have counted unless it was a record attendance. Attendances in the box are league only coudn't find attendances for league and fai cup games but iof anyone thinks they might have let me know and I'll put em in or edit the page yourself. 1,100 for 2006 was official far as I know.

steno
20/04/2008, 5:07 PM
What were you drinking that day Philly?? Think you might have been seeing double, 1,500 is more like it.

That was one of 3 occassions that we broke the 1,000 mark that season, wonder if we'll ever see that size crowd again?!?

Well there could be that rumoured Dave Langan testimonal against a leeds 11 managed by Steve Staunton. Would surely attracty over 1,000.

As a matter of interest lads what are the three games that attracted over a 1,000 to Station Road, Limerick in the cup, the game against the Kildare gaelic football team and the Shamrock Rovers game Kildare lad is talking about?. Will put them into the page if we can all agree on numbers, dates and competition.

Kildare Lad
20/04/2008, 6:20 PM
2005 V Shamrock Rovers must have been a friendly? so wouldn't have counted unless it was a record attendance. Attendances in the box are league only coudn't find attendances for league and fai cup games but iof anyone thinks they might have let me know and I'll put em in or edit the page yourself. 1,100 for 2006 was official far as I know.

Sorry must have been 2006 im thinking of so, it was played in the league around the start of April I think.

KildareFan
21/04/2008, 10:24 AM
Well there could be that rumoured Dave Langan testimonal against a leeds 11 managed by Steve Staunton. Would surely attracty over 1,000.

As a matter of interest lads what are the three games that attracted over a 1,000 to Station Road, Limerick in the cup, the game against the Kildare gaelic football team and the Shamrock Rovers game Kildare lad is talking about?. Will put them into the page if we can all agree on numbers, dates and competition.

During our first season, we had more 1,000 at the first game against Limerick and then we had a double against Finn Harps and Waterford around Christmas time when both were going for promotion. As far as I know, there were over 1,000 at both those games. Daryl Murphy now an Irish international, scored a great goal for Waterford in that game.