PDA

View Full Version : Dublin Buses on Good Friday?

zenokelly
20/03/2008, 5:54 PM
This could be an extremely stupid question, but are the buses on Good Friday?

I really feel like a clown but I've asked a few people and they don't know either.

Cheers

pineapple stu
20/03/2008, 6:02 PM
Pretty sure it's just the same as a Bank Holiday.

But don't quote me on that...!

zenokelly
20/03/2008, 6:10 PM
Pretty sure it's just the same as a Bank Holiday.

But don't quote me on that...!

Thanks

NeilMcD
20/03/2008, 7:08 PM
Saturday Timetable as far as I know.

Superhoops
20/03/2008, 7:11 PM
Pretty sure it's just the same as a Bank Holiday.!Is that because Good Friday is a Bank Holiday????
Saturday Timetable as far as I know.According to their website 'A Sunday Service operates on Public Holidays'

NeilMcD
20/03/2008, 7:30 PM
There was a girl on Drivetime say it was a Saturday service.

zenokelly
20/03/2008, 8:10 PM
Cheers for all that lads. At least I now know they're running:ball:

Kingdom
21/03/2008, 12:42 PM
|Its not a stupid question. This year Good Friday seems to be a regular day with the honorable exception of pubs and banks.
the rail is using a full regular friday timetable, which I'm surprised at. I would have considered today to be as important as Easter Sunday and Xmas which normally dictates these type of things.
Loads of buses flying around on my way to work this morning.

jebus
21/03/2008, 1:00 PM
|Its not a stupid question. This year Good Friday seems to be a regular day with the honorable exception of puns and banks.

I don't know, I've heard a few good ones today, this obviously isn't one of them....:o

Kingdom
21/03/2008, 2:02 PM
I don't know, I've heard a few good ones today, this obviously isn't one of them....:o

That was too easy for someone like you:cool:

pete
21/03/2008, 2:59 PM
Good Friday is not a public or bank holiday. If it was not Ireland it would amaze me that public transport operates a reduced service o the busiest days of the year.

:rolleyes:

passinginterest
21/03/2008, 3:49 PM
Good Friday is not a public or bank holiday. If it was not Ireland it would amaze me that public transport operates a reduced service o the busiest days of the year.

:rolleyes:

It is a 'bank holiday' it is not a public holiday. Common misuse of the term 'bank holiday'.