PDA

View Full Version : Sporting Club de Fingal

JC_GUFC
20/03/2008, 11:23 AM
Are these playing Limerick on Friday night?

Under those rubbish lights?!

Last weekend they were due to play on Friday but it was switched to Sunday afternoon - anyone know why?

Unless they've upgraded the lights I don't see how an eL game can be played at night time there. (I know they play LSL games there under those lights)

drummerboy
20/03/2008, 12:04 PM
New EUFA standard lights have been installed.

oldyouth
20/03/2008, 12:28 PM
New EUFA standard lights have been installed.
Are they of a higher standard to UEFA's?????:rolleyes:

A face
20/03/2008, 7:48 PM
For crying out loud... I've never seen someone be so damn pedantic whilst smattering their own post with grammatical and punctuational errors.

But hes right, the UEFA standard for first division is crap. The lux value is just not good enough, and the difference in running cost between that and 25% more is not worth talking about. Clubs are putting that standard in just so they can tick the box without even considering that it might not be enough.

Sporting Man
21/03/2008, 1:35 PM
Tht Lights were put in at a cost e185,000 and are the same make as whats in croke park, Best you can get with no Shadows we hope, lets make our mind up after tonight.

Santry_Goonshow
23/03/2008, 10:27 AM
The lights were decent, we may have to resign the black fingal jersey to have a little more green in it tho'....

HarpoJoyce
24/03/2008, 6:28 AM
The lights were decent, we may have to resign the black fingal jersey to have a little more green in it tho'....

That sounds like a good marketing move. Bring out a jersey and then hint there may be limitations on it's availability. Good stuff, certainly professional.

Santry_Goonshow
25/03/2008, 6:57 PM
That sounds like a good marketing move. Bring out a jersey and then hint there may be limitations on it's availability. Good stuff, certainly professional.

Mr. T is on his way to your house with a Chieftan Tank. But in the meantime let me clarify that I was referring to the visibility of the black at night-time games. Mind you on Sunday the Shelbourne equaliser was scored by a player who wore red and white and the linesperson didn't see it or the 2 yards of daylight between him and the last defender....:eek:

John83
25/03/2008, 7:55 PM
Mr. T is on his way to your house with a Chieftan Tank. But in the meantime let me clarify that I was referring to the visibility of the black at night-time games. Mind you on Sunday the Shelbourne equaliser was scored by a player who wore red and white and the linesperson didn't see it or the 2 yards of daylight between him and the last defender....:eek:
I had an odd mental image there... I assumed you mean Mr T, the Harps fan, for a moment.

drummerboy
26/03/2008, 7:49 AM
Read on the Shels website that the pitch in Morton was a disgrace on Monday. Any views?

HarpoJoyce
26/03/2008, 8:19 AM
Mr. T is on his way .. let me clarify that I was referring to the visibility of the black at night-time games. Mind you on Sunday the Shelbourne equaliser was scored by a player who wore red and white and the linesperson didn't see it or the 2 yards of daylight between him and the last defender....:eek:

I understood. Black jerseys appear to be a recent introduction to football, appearing after the flexibility of Ref's Assocs changing into more prettier. Maybe not as 1st team choice though.

Good Luck for the rest of the season.

Mr A
26/03/2008, 11:12 AM
I had an odd mental image there... I assumed you mean Mr T, the Harps fan, for a moment.

Yeah, that's pretty screwed up, everyone knows he drives a Leopard II.

Raheny Red
26/03/2008, 11:12 AM
Read on the Shels website that the pitch in Morton was a disgrace on Monday. Any views?

Yeah, was more like a beach. Anytime a player passed the ball a lump of sand went with it.

sadloserkid
26/03/2008, 12:09 PM
Yeah, was more like a beach. Anytime a player passed the ball a lump of sand went with it.

Nothing new in the First Division...

oldyouth
26/03/2008, 12:45 PM
Nothing new in the First Division...
Not true everywhere. Ferrycarrig park is still in immaculate condition and would compare to anything in the Premier Division from what I've seen on MMS

dcfcsteve
26/03/2008, 2:15 PM
Not true everywhere. Ferrycarrig park is still in immaculate condition and would compare to anything in the Premier Division from what I've seen on MMS

Where is Ferrycarrig Park ??

passinginterest
26/03/2008, 2:21 PM
Where is Ferrycarrig Park ??

The ground formerly known as Wexford Youths Football Complex.
Probably is the best playing surface in the first division. Although Tolka is usually impressive too.

holidaysong
26/03/2008, 2:25 PM
Probably is the best playing surface in the first division. Although Tolka is usually impressive too.

You obviously haven't been to Oriel Park.

passinginterest
26/03/2008, 2:26 PM
You obviously haven't been to Oriel Park.

New I was going to forget something obvious! And no I've yet to have the pleasure.

Anyway best natural grass surface. :p

sadloserkid
26/03/2008, 3:28 PM
New I was going to forget something obvious! And no I've yet to have the pleasure.

Anyway best natural grass surface. :p

May not be as pleasurable as he'd have you believe... Buckley Park was the best surface in the division.

Longfordian
26/03/2008, 3:30 PM
Flancare's pitch is usually of a high standard too.

John83
26/03/2008, 5:31 PM
Usually (http://stigonline.com/images/f61_fc.jpg).

Santry_Goonshow
26/03/2008, 6:58 PM
Usually (http://stigonline.com/images/f61_fc.jpg).

Yeah, I feel if climate change accelerates you'll need lead boots and a depressurised chamber to play at Tolka park :rolleyes:

mypost
27/03/2008, 4:16 AM
Are these playing Limerick on Friday night?

Under those rubbish lights?!

Last weekend they were due to play on Friday but it was switched to Sunday afternoon - anyone know why?

Unless they've upgraded the lights I don't see how an eL game can be played at night time there.

We played against Bray in Morton in 2000. It was an afternoon ko in December. The lights were used, but they were nowhere near the required light to play under. Bray scored a last minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw, where the ball hit the bar, and came down 2 yards out, however the lino judged the ball to be over the line. :rolleyes: How the game finished in that light I'll never know, and we never played under those lights again.

Santry_Goonshow
27/03/2008, 6:03 PM
We played against Bray in Morton in 2000. It was an afternoon ko in December. The lights were used, but they were nowhere near the required light to play under. Bray scored a last minute equaliser in a 1-1 draw, where the ball hit the bar, and came down 2 yards out, however the lino judged the ball to be over the line. :rolleyes: How the game finished in that light I'll never know, and we never played under those lights again.

Just a fact check - new lights installed 4 weeks ago = different lights