PDA

View Full Version : Eddie O Sullivan Quits

beautifulrock
19/03/2008, 10:08 PM
EOS resigns according to BBC5 Live, not on any webite that I can see yet.

DmanDmythDledge
19/03/2008, 10:16 PM
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/sixnations/2008/0319/osullivane.html

With the right appointment I think we could do very well at WC 2011.

De Town
19/03/2008, 10:32 PM
Any chance of getting Jake White in?

rambler14
19/03/2008, 10:41 PM
Declan Kidney?

pete
19/03/2008, 11:00 PM
Surprised he jumped. Must have negotiated a payment.

TheBoss
19/03/2008, 11:09 PM
I wonder if the IRFU take about 6 months to appoint the new manager :D

SkStu
20/03/2008, 12:43 AM
I wonder if the IRFU take about 6 months to appoint the new manager :D

:D

whats the bets we're reading an article by Dion Fanning on how ****ed off Clive Woodward is that George Hook ruined his chances of getting the Ireland job... ;)

shakermaker1982
20/03/2008, 7:22 AM
Unlike Stan at least he realised he could do no more with this team.

Sam_Heggy
20/03/2008, 9:54 AM
Should have gone earlier, Declan Kidney would be a good option, might be best to bring in someone from outside Ireland that would have no favourites and let every player start a fresh.
Definitely the makings of a superb team there, just need the right coach.

Kingdom
20/03/2008, 10:02 AM
I don't see why Kidney would want it. He has a nice number at Munster that shouldn't be in threat for a long time. He didn't seem to be respected at Leinster so why should he risk all that? Nothing to say the next coach will be have a long and happy stint either, how often do you see the first appointment after a long period under one coach get the hump quickly?

joeSoap
20/03/2008, 10:12 AM
Pat Howard will be offered the position.

Whether or not he accepts is another thing.

DmanDmythDledge
20/03/2008, 10:40 AM
Bookies favourite at the moment- 2/1.

What do you think are the chances of him taking it joe?

beautifulrock
20/03/2008, 10:50 AM
Howard has all the right credentials, but am not convinced he will take it as he has just returned to Oz. We should go all out for White while England dither. White is waiting for the England job as I am aware that his manager actually approached the RFU during the world cup to let them know he was very interested. Why Andrews has not reacted to this I am not sure but the RFU is a large and wieldy body that makes the IRFU look like Carl Lewis on speed.

joeSoap
20/03/2008, 11:42 AM
Howard owns a large chain of businesses in the UK (PHARMACIES) so he might well be interested in a return to these shores. I would like to think he'll take it. He was a superb player, and a mighty fine coach at Leicester, so I'd like to see him given the chance.

beautifulrock
20/03/2008, 1:04 PM
Howard owns a large chain of businesses in the UK (PHARMACIES) so he might well be interested in a return to these shores. I would like to think he'll take it. He was a superb player, and a mighty fine coach at Leicester, so I'd like to see him given the chance.

Joe, are you sure I thought the chain (a family business) was in Oz hence the reason he returned there. Agree a class player and a great coach, would suit Ireland down to the ground as he seemed to be a real people person and was not afraid to get input from other people. What are your thoughts on White, personally he would be my first choice although I have the feeling we are not attracitve enough for him.

inexile
21/03/2008, 4:56 PM
i think your right as well rock, his business is indeed in australia, but i think the ireland job is going to be a very attractive proposition for any ambitious coach as the raw materials are there to mould a very good side

joeSoap
25/03/2008, 3:28 PM
Apparently Howard has ruled himself out, along with Ruddock and Jake White. Heyneke Meyer is supposedly on the IRFU radar, as is John Mitchell. I'm sure its going to be speculation after speculation until they decide, but with Pa Whelan and Noisy Murphy 2 of the 3 man selection committee, I have great fears as to who they will appoint.

pete
25/03/2008, 4:40 PM
Media reports indicate options are limited. Committee boyos have stong Munster links. Kidney is only Irish candidate. He is the obvious favourite at this stage. Not sure if he is correct for International management but if he gets the nod can't deny he does not deserve based on track record. I think the Manager only so important as backroom backs & forward coaches possibly more important.

DmanDmythDledge
29/04/2008, 12:02 PM
Kidney set to be appointed (http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/irish/7371232.stm)