PDA

View Full Version : Rovers

braysnumber1
19/03/2008, 2:22 PM
Any one expecting anything for this game? i'd say there'l be a lot of changes.

i'd start with this team: skip, daz, pender, foran, doherty, mccabe, kavanagh, duggan, whelan, rowe, dunphy. bench: franco, ivory, kenny, mcinerney, cawley.

i hope the team are up for this one or else we'l get thumped!:(

many thinking of going out to it?

bray boy
19/03/2008, 7:40 PM
cant wait :D

superfrank
19/03/2008, 8:07 PM
I don't see us getting anything out of this game after last week's performance.

The lads need a good kick up the back side but of course they always up their game against the big sides so who knows?

I'd drop Cawley, who was muck last week, and Myler. Bring back Franco.

Hulsey
20/03/2008, 1:55 PM
Myler is out with a groin strain, and doherty and foran are both still out. Paddy coming back is a huge boost, now at least we have to wide men in kav and mc cabe that will run at rovers. Look on the bright side, I doubt we can play as bad as against ucd for the rest of the season

Grey Boy
20/03/2008, 6:55 PM
I don't see us getting anything out of this game after last week's performance.

The lads need a good kick up the back side but of course they always up their game against the big sides so who knows?

I'd drop Cawley, who was muck last week, and Myler. Bring back Franco.

On last weeks performance you'd drop the whole team in fairness. At least it can't get any worse against Rovers.

lowflyingseagul
21/03/2008, 11:17 PM
really poor performance. rovers never got out of first gear. who the hell is going to score a goal???
we are going down

KR's Post
22/03/2008, 1:41 PM
two words...

GOING DOWN

jonboy
22/03/2008, 2:12 PM
was at the game, agreed rovers didnt break sweat, poor subs by eddie Onwubiko is not premier standard, the only man that can score or at least create is sitting in the stands, dont know if eddie and franco fell out but if they did eddie should stop cuttin off his nose to spite his face and play the guy, and as for ger rowe scully was right to get rid...

lowflyingseagul
22/03/2008, 2:42 PM
i think franco has been told by eddie that he won't be getting a game any time soon

superfrank
22/03/2008, 3:30 PM
Then why did they give him a new contract??? :confused:

Stevo Da Gull
22/03/2008, 5:36 PM
Ger Rowe rounds the keeper and has his shot cleared off the line, 30 seconds later we're losing 1-0 after Ray Kenny tried to clear the ball rather than risking a corner:(

Maybe He'll play Franco -v- Athlone:confused:
Emeka done well when he came on, Mulroy had a solid game. We haven't created enough in any game yet this season though.

On the positive side we actually looked very comfortable until.... well until things went belly up.

Grey Boy
23/03/2008, 1:15 PM
I think you're being a bit harsh on Emeka, Jonboy. He's very young and has only played a handful of games. I wouldn't be writing him off so quickly. I'd say we've more chance of a goal out of him at the moment than Rowe or Myler.

There were a lot more positives from this performance than the UCD game in fairness. Maybe when we finish a game with 11 players we might get something from it.

Hopefully we'll rack up a confidence boosting win against Athlone, although I'm sure we'll put out a sub standard team who'll get beaten. Ah sure it's only the League cup.

superfrank
23/03/2008, 2:14 PM
Athlone and Bray are the only sides not to score so far this season. I'm going for a 0-0.