PDA

View Full Version : Felix & Pat on Setanta

Paddyfield
18/03/2008, 9:10 PM
Does anyone else find Pat Dolan and Felix Healy really annoying on Satanta? Felix seems to have assumed the role as 'anchor' and I reckon Dolan is a bit peeved about his demotion. I find them hard to watch.

PS Pat, if you are reading this, get a hair cut.

SPXcyan
18/03/2008, 9:12 PM
Nope they don't annoy me! I think they work rather well together

De Town
18/03/2008, 9:15 PM
They annoy me alright. Felix is a plank, and Pat isn't much better.

PS.. Pat, get a hair cut.

The Lilywhites
18/03/2008, 9:15 PM
It's strange the way it's set up. Not too annoying, but they could do it better.

Maroon 7
18/03/2008, 9:22 PM
They should have their own theme music.

Maybe the tune from Steptoe and Son or the music from the Odd Couple.

A face
18/03/2008, 9:33 PM
Thought the worked out well to be honest, Pat combed through (http://www.partypeoplenortheast.co.uk/96777.jpg) alot of the action and gave his opinion, reading the game well. Felix is a bit more insightful i think and puts his point across well.

finnpark
18/03/2008, 10:11 PM
Does anyone else find Pat Dolan and Felix Healy really annoying on Satanta? Felix seems to have assumed the role as 'anchor' and I reckon Dolan is a bit peeved about his demotion. I find them hard to watch.

PS Pat, if you are reading this, get a hair cut.

I think that both are excellent presenters and commentators. Much better than Roddy the Plasterer and Pat Morely's "In All Fairness to ..."

I think that Dolan has put on a few pounds that he lost

A face
18/03/2008, 10:13 PM
I think that Dolan has put on a few pounds that he lost

Nah, its the hair makes him look heavier :)

finnpark
18/03/2008, 10:20 PM
Nah, its the hair makes him look heavier :)

I disagree. If you examine his breasts they have definitely got bigger by at least one cup size :D

Woody
18/03/2008, 10:22 PM
I disagree. If you examine his breasts they have definitely got bigger by at least one cup size :D

Ughhhh

A face
18/03/2008, 11:07 PM
Ughhhh

I concur

pete
18/03/2008, 11:30 PM
Weird but ok i small doses. It is like co-presenters with no pundit or is that no presenters & two pundits.

After listening to Bryan Hamilton for 90 minutes Pat & Felix is a relief.

Sam_Heggy
19/03/2008, 9:34 AM
Weird but ok i small doses. It is like co-presenters with no pundit or is that no presenters & two pundits.

After listening to Bryan Hamilton for 90 minutes Pat & Felix is a relief.

This is the best point made so far, Brian Hamilton is a tool, hasn't a clue about the LOI and even last night when it was 2 LOI teams playing he had to talk aboout the IL.

p.s. Pat get a haircut

lofty9
19/03/2008, 9:37 AM
I loved Felix's pop at managers who can only win the league with money, citing them as bad managers ..... Dolan thought he was having a pop at Doolin. I reckon he was having a go at Fenlon and big Pat lol

WoodquayBoy
19/03/2008, 9:59 AM
PS Pat, get a hair cut

Jerry The Saint
19/03/2008, 10:21 AM
I loved Felix's pop at managers who can only win the league with money, citing them as bad managers ..... Dolan thought he was having a pop at Doolin. I reckon he was having a go at Fenlon and big Pat lol

What did he say - "You look at the top 4 clubs, are all of those good managers? Alan Matthews is a good manager..."

Definite pop at Fenlon I'd say.

And Pat - get a haircut.

A face
19/03/2008, 11:33 AM
Get a haircut

pete
19/03/2008, 1:24 PM
i just want to know where all this extra hair had come from?? must go to the same hairdresser as stephen ireland

Wig on back the front.

Denis The Red
19/03/2008, 1:50 PM
Hamilton, Dolan & Healy the Unholy Trinity.
Their take on football isn't all that bad (except Hamilton who was the only one in the civilised world who thought that second goal was a pen last week between Linfield and Derry) but they really shouldn't try to be funny, it's cringeworthy.

Sniffer
19/03/2008, 4:31 PM
They can be irritating, sometimes, I stress sometimes Felix has a valid point to make, but he labours it. Dolan is meanwhile nodding furiously but not listening; just bursting for Felix to shut up so that he can throw out some half-baked semi-controversial theory. Eventually he can no longer contain his ardour and spills it out all over Felix who just concedes. Erm, according to my other half they both need haircuts.

Jerry The Saint
19/03/2008, 4:36 PM
Erm, according to my other half they both need haircuts.

Felix is a lost cause.

pete
19/03/2008, 5:04 PM
I am all up for cross border solidarity 'n all that but I have to laugh at the mutual arse kissing by Dolan & Jeffreys. Dolan in particular loves to praise him.

I don't know what the future of the Setanta Cup is but the novelty is long gone.

superfrank
19/03/2008, 8:13 PM
Dolan and Healy wreck my head. They both love the clichés and it really devalues the show.

Bring back Des Curran, an anchor who wasn't in love with himself. Well, at least not blatantly.

But I suppose Healy and Dolan are both better than Bryan "Superb" Hamilton.

Raheny Red
20/03/2008, 11:18 AM
I like the partnership.

sullanefc
20/03/2008, 11:26 AM
I am all up for cross border solidarity 'n all that but I have to laugh at the mutual arse kissing by Dolan & Jeffreys. Dolan in particular loves to praise him.

I don't know what the future of the Setanta Cup is but the novelty is long gone.

Agree with that. Setanta novelty is definitely gone. The same old groups each year is making it boring. City, Linfield & Glentoran have been in the competition since it started yet, City have only met Linfield once and have never played the Glens. zzzzzzzz

On Felix & Pat, I can't stand their presenting styles. Either your an anchor or a pundit, they can't be both. And Pat doesn't know how to shut the fuchk up and allow felix to speak. Annoying.

And what is with Jefferies always calling Pat - Patrick?? :confused:

CameramanConka
20/03/2008, 12:18 PM
Agree with that. Setanta novelty is definitely gone. The same old groups each year is making it boring. City, Linfield & Glentoran have been in the competition since it started yet, City have only met Linfield once and have never played the Glens. zzzzzzzz

On Felix & Pat, I can't stand their presenting styles. Either your an anchor or a pundit, they can't be both. And Pat doesn't know how to shut the fuchk up and allow felix to speak. Annoying.

What is it with people calling Jeffrey - Jeffries

sullanefc
20/03/2008, 12:38 PM
What is it with people calling Jeffrey - Jeffries

I honestly thought that, that was his name. I stand corrected. I will call him Dave from now on.

TheBoss
20/03/2008, 1:05 PM
Bryan "Superb" Hamilton.

Other quotes:

''He is as Bright as a Button'', ''He is a lovely player''

Jerry The Saint
20/03/2008, 2:41 PM
Other quotes:

''He is as Bright as a Button'', ''He is a lovely player''

"Endy-end stuff"

Paddyfield
20/03/2008, 3:35 PM

It's his northern accent. He's actually calling Dolan "a fat pr|ck".

Jerry The Saint
20/03/2008, 4:19 PM
It's his northern accent. He's actually calling Dolan "a fat pr|ck".

And telling him to get a haircut.

Sniffer
20/03/2008, 5:07 PM
I love it when Brian says I love players who Walk the Chalk

Buile Shuibhne
20/03/2008, 5:35 PM
It's the sit U ation

thischarmingman
20/03/2008, 8:24 PM

Every pundit has a seminal moment that the public will always remember them by. I'm looking forward to their first infamous broadcasting moment, surely has to happen one of these days. I'm thinking along the lines of Dolan staring longingly at a box of doughnuts, a crazed grin playing across his features as he feverishly declares, "I'd luv it- I'd luv it if we eat them."