PDA

View Full Version : v Limerick 37

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 1:57 PM
The game kicks off on Friday at 7:45 to be played under floodlights.

The team is still learning its way, and the dreadful mistakes that led to sendings off against Longford away wont be repeated. I reckon SF should break into the top 3 with a victory here. I don't know much about Limerick 37, haven't seen them play since they were called Limerick City.:D

L37Ultra
18/03/2008, 2:03 PM
Should be a good game. About 30+ Limerick fans heading up so far.

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 4:20 PM
Should be a good game. About 30+ Limerick fans heading up so far.

You Limerick guys aren't good on the road from what I hear. And how come there's only 30 of you comin. Sure we need all 37 of ye for a quorum....:p

L37Ultra
18/03/2008, 4:47 PM
You Limerick guys aren't good on the road from what I hear. And how come there's only 30 of you comin. Sure we need all 37 of ye for a quorum....:p

Limerick had one of the best away supporters in the Division last season. ;)

Santry_Goonshow
18/03/2008, 5:35 PM
One of the best away supporters in the Division last season. ;)

I'm sure you are. What about the other 36?

Santry_Goonshow
20/03/2008, 5:58 PM
What we need is to have a whole game like the first half v athlone. We seemed to slow down and sit back in the second half. I hear L37 are a more physical team, but the answer to that is to get it down and play it on the ground like we did on Sunday. You hear me talking Bucko? - "ball to feet!"

jebus
20/03/2008, 6:06 PM

You haven't been in the LoI that long have you? For nothing games against nothing teams 30+ (we'll have 50+ really) is actually quite good. Can't wait to see the throngs coming from Santry when you have to visit us on a Friday night

Santry_Goonshow
20/03/2008, 7:16 PM
You haven't been in the LoI that long have you? For nothing games against nothing teams 30+ (we'll have 50+ really) is actually quite good. Can't wait to see the throngs coming from Santry when you have to visit us on a Friday night

Just messin with yis. Our Travelling support in Longford was 110, two buses and a few cars. There's a lot of misery ahead over the next two years. But if Derry can do 500 travelling fans so can we, erm... eventually:D

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 10:30 PM
So we are getting our measure in the 1st Division. The game tonight was a much tougher pospect than the one against Athlone, but still we won and deservedly so. I thought we missed a bagful of chances, especially Conan's one that skimmed outside the post in the first half.To give L37 their due thay had a good chance in either half an showed their experience in the second half by fighting their way back into the game and reallyoing for it in the second.

TheFingallian
21/03/2008, 10:35 PM
So we are getting our measure in the 1st Division. The game tonight was a much tougher pospect than the one against Athlone, but still we won and deservedly so. I thought we missed a bagful of chances, especially Conan's one that skimmed outside the post in the first half.To give L37 their due thay had a good chance in either half an showed their experience in the second half by fighting their way back into the game and reallyoing for it in the second.

We are continuing to be competitive but if we miss those chances against the better teams in the division we are going to be punished.

Santry_Goonshow
21/03/2008, 11:32 PM
We are continuing to be competitive but if we miss those chances against the better teams in the division we are going to be punished.

Time needed to gel the boys together. We need more options to pass to when we break down the wings. As far as I could see we mostly just look for Hynesy..

Lim till i die
22/03/2008, 2:14 PM
1. Asking us to empty all bags - Who exactly do you think we are??

2. "I have to search your pockets" - Not a hope in hell Mr. Steward!! :eek:

3. 8 cops and a half dozen stewards - Who exactly do you think we are??

Be far more in your line to worry about the street urchins populating the far bank than to be harassing away fans if you want to attract support to your "club"

Santry_Goonshow
22/03/2008, 11:20 PM
1. Asking us to empty all bags - Who exactly do you think we are??

2. "I have to search your pockets" - Not a hope in hell Mr. Steward!! :eek:

3. 8 cops and a half dozen stewards - Who exactly do you think we are??

Be far more in your line to worry about the street urchins populating the far bank than to be harassing away fans if you want to attract support to your "club"

Don't take it personal. We got a tip-off that someone among the 37 had a knife......

L37Ultra
23/03/2008, 3:51 AM
Don't take it personal. We got a tip-off that someone among the 37 had a knife......

Not funny..:rolleyes:

Santry_Goonshow
23/03/2008, 10:02 AM
Not funny..:rolleyes:

You ran that by the committee for unfunniness did you? Do you seriously expect not to be searched from time to time going into football grounds...:confused:

Poor Student
23/03/2008, 10:50 AM
Santry Goonshow, what do you make of Conan Byrne so far? Can't imagine him playing in as low a level as the First, he must be walking the ball past players for fun.

Santry_Goonshow
23/03/2008, 11:22 AM
Santry Goonshow, what do you make of Conan Byrne so far? Can't imagine him playing in as low a level as the First, he must be walking the ball past players for fun.

Yes, correct. Touch, anticipation and ball control superior than most of our other players. His only problem is pace. While he's not exactly slow, you need to have a burst of pace to exploit it when you beat a man. Evidence being against Lim 37 we should have gone 2-0 up when he took a ball down and flicked it past their centre-half just inside the circle giving himself a 2 yard headstart which the bigger man [somehow:eek:] recovered by the time they reached the penalty spot. Conan flicked it wide because the experienced centre-half knew how to put him off once he caught up.

Poor Student
23/03/2008, 2:09 PM
Yes, correct. Touch, anticipation and ball control superior than most of our other players. His only problem is pace. While he's not exactly slow, you need to have a burst of pace to exploit it when you beat a man. Evidence being against Lim 37 we should have gone 2-0 up when he took a ball down and flicked it past their centre-half just inside the circle giving himself a 2 yard headstart which the bigger man [somehow:eek:] recovered by the time they reached the penalty spot. Conan flicked it wide because the experienced centre-half knew how to put him off once he caught up.

I'm fairly certain he was even slower when he started off.:eek: Sporting are very fortunate they could tempt such a quality player. Circumstances were right with your location and professional offer. He's your best coup if you ask me.

Santry_Goonshow
23/03/2008, 7:43 PM
I'm fairly certain he was even slower when he started off.:eek: Sporting are very fortunate they could tempt such a quality player. Circumstances were right with your location and professional offer. He's your best coup if you ask me.

I think the coup is the club getting together in the first place. If it's a community based club there are a lot of LOI players from the area who would love to play for their local side. That's one of the built in assets as opposed to the teams who flit northside and southside based on the availability of grounds that will host them.

jebus
25/03/2008, 7:18 PM
You ran that by the committee for unfunniness did you? Do you seriously expect not to be searched from time to time going into football grounds...:confused:

Not to the level that your stewards decided to try, and quite honestly not in the First Division. Plus the head steward in the blue jacket asked the Gardai to quieten one of our Scottish fans for being 'too loud', you lot do realise this is football right? Again, it would be worth the clubs time to see to those schooligans that seemed to grow in number throughout the game (I assume they didn't pay, given their coming and going throughout the game), they didn't try anything with us, but they might with others