PDA

View Full Version : Saint Patricks Flaaaaing City

Pages : [1] 2

Neil
09/07/2003, 5:12 PM
On the back of the Echo today...
http--www.eecho.ie-pdf-back.pdf.url

Pats are saying there was only 1000 at the game MOnday.
City saying twice that.
City refused to take the gate receipt cheque.

Colm
09/07/2003, 5:16 PM
It was a very poor crowd alright but I'd be surprised if it was only 1000, I'd say somewhere between 1600 and 2000 would be more accurate.
Is this Pats giving Dolan yet another kick in the teeth?

pete
09/07/2003, 6:18 PM
I thought maybe 2000 whuile at the agme but on TV can see that the stand maybe 1/2 full at most.

I'd say no way 2000 but around 1500 or lower.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 6:46 PM
no way was there only 1,000 at it!

Counting Crow
09/07/2003, 7:54 PM
Well whatever about Bohs, $hell$, and Rovers we can not categorically dismiss Pats from all future conversations / posts relating to who the really big club is.

It doesn't matter whether it was 1000, 1500 or 2000 people at the game on Monday - for a semi final against the team in second place in the League this was a disgrace ( and particularly when you consider the number of City fans at it ).

Can you imagine if this had been held @ The Cross.

For Gods sake we had 3500 - 4000 for the Q/F against Waterford.

City the REALLY BIG CLUB.........!

Pats the "Boil on the ar$e of The Eircom League"........!

Eric
09/07/2003, 8:07 PM
The covered stand in Richmond was nearly full on Monday night, there was a nice few behind the goal and over at the uncovered side. It wasn't packed but there was definately a lot more than 1000 there

tiktok
09/07/2003, 8:49 PM
this isn't the first time lennox has refused a cup game receipt check, fair play to him for standing up if he has questions about the attendance, even Pat's fans have posted that there were more at the game than that on other topics.

Éanna
09/07/2003, 10:35 PM
dunno whether its a case of "you don't know what you go til its gone" which is upsetting the pats fans, but they certainly sem unable to move on. I hope his doesn't go on much longer cos the banter between us and them is usually good- hate to see it go sour.

Dodge
10/07/2003, 8:34 AM
How is this a Dolan thing?

Anyway, I would estimate the crowd was about 1,500-1,700 but like wws post on another thread, fans can often get these things hugely wrong. (Or maybe, the 1,000 didn't take account of season tickets, sponsors, player's familes etc?)

It has to be stressed again, that people at Pats didn't treat it as a cup Semi Final. It was a reserve team game and everybody knew it. This isn't a Pats fan gloating but a simple fact (and when the draw was made I told you the same) We expected to lose and when the u21s won, it was a superb victory.

And you'll never, ever hear a Pats fan claim to be the biggest club. We might be the best though...

ian
10/07/2003, 8:50 AM
Dodge I think that you are talking rubbish about you lot being the best if you were the best you would have won the leauge last year so there you have it you are not the best are you...

James
10/07/2003, 8:53 AM
course you're the best dodge
fair play.. g'wan tell us all about many flags,banners and all the great displays the Shed End Invisibles have
*yawn* :rolleyes:

Dodge
10/07/2003, 9:03 AM
Is there a Cork fan who doesn't think that Cork is the best?

Jesus lads, I didn't say fans, I didn't say team, I said club....

patsh
10/07/2003, 9:25 AM
No matter what you say, Dodge, things like this did not happen between City and Pats before. You cannot deny that there is an incredible spitefulness being shown to Dolan by those still at Pats, and the comments from your manager towards Pat have been petty in the extreme.

wws
10/07/2003, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by patsh
No matter what you say, Dodge, things like this did not happen between City and Pats before. You cannot deny that there is an incredible spitefulness being shown to Dolan by those still at Pats, and the comments from your manager towards Pat have been petty in the extreme.

has it ever crossed your mind once that it may be a two way street?

Look at the facts :you have the cork manager talking through his arse about rules for penalties in the papers (since proven to be well wrong - will he apologise to the ref concerned?) and the cork chairman arguing the toss over a couple of hundred fans (check the pics there is literally **** all at the game)

I dont know how many were at the game, much less how many paid in (I for one like many others didnt pay in as we're 500 club members). all i will say if it was over 1000 it wasnt by more than a couple of hundred

is it worth another row over?

Dodge
10/07/2003, 10:20 AM
Not sure on Season tickets, but I know is over 400. It only takes 2/3 people from each club player/official to get to 100 and then there is the Pats schoolboy players who all get in free

To be honest if we had 1,000 paying customers (ie not season tickets/500 club members) I'd be happy enough

Éanna
10/07/2003, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Dodge
How is this a Dolan thing?
Its not

patsh
10/07/2003, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by wws
has it ever crossed your mind once that it may be a two way street?

Look at the facts :you have the cork manager talking through his arse about rules for penalties in the papers (since proven to be well wrong - will he apologise to the ref concerned?) and the cork chairman arguing the toss over a couple of hundred fans (check the pics there is literally **** all at the game)

is it worth another row over?
So Dolan talks sh*te about the penalties which hardly compares with the niggly insults thrown at him by Collins and the generally ott reactions to Dolan since he left.
Ye seem to be the only people in the country who cannot see this.
"arguing the toss over a couple of hundred fans" ??
are you for real?
200 fans @ €10 a head = €2,000
40% of this = €800.
In this league, thats lots of players wages for a week.

You, and other pats fans, are almost constantly on this forum now, arguing with City fans, and this is really only since Dolan left.

Let him go, and lets talk about football, not whose d*ck is bigger or how wrong Dolan is.

Dodge
10/07/2003, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by patsh
So Dolan talks sh*te about the penalties which hardly compares with the niggly insults thrown at him by Collins and the generally ott reactions to Dolan since he left.
Ye seem to be the only people in the country who cannot see this.
"arguing the toss over a couple of hundred fans" ??
are you for real?
200 fans @ €10 a head = €2,000
40% of this = €800.
In this league, thats lots of players wages for a week.

You, and other pats fans, are almost constantly on this forum now, arguing with City fans, and this is really only since Dolan left.

Let him go, and lets talk about football, not whose d*ck is bigger or how wrong Dolan is.
Look, I've told you before (with examples, as asked) of Dolan not being able to shut up about us, so it definitely IS a two way street If you had any understanding about the Dolan/Pats situation you'd realise the impact and know that the reaction was not OTT.

Those missing 200 people could have been freebie schoolboys so really its a stupid arguement and one which I'm sure loads of clubs have suffered. If anything, it should have been a formal complaint to the FAI/Pats in private and not in public where it will obviously just cause nonsensical debate, but Cork don't want that, they want their fans to have this them against us thing...

Now if you look me and wws have been here since June 2001 so we're not just here looking for Dolan arguments. However you keep bringing it up and we keep answering you. Its called debate....

wws
10/07/2003, 1:09 PM
patsh

I agree this is getting tiresome
i posted one last thing on this topic in the pats section
feel free to respond
I'll tell you one thing, what I posted there are my honestly held views on the matter and not in any way designed to wind up or start more stupid threads

patsh
10/07/2003, 1:44 PM
Look, I've told you before (with examples, as asked) of Dolan not being able to shut up about us, so it definitely IS a two way street If you had any understanding about the Dolan/Pats situation you'd realise the impact and know that the reaction was not OTT.
:rolleyes:
Mr Know it all is back again.:rolleyes:

Those missing 200 people could have been freebie schoolboys so really its a stupid arguement and one which I'm sure loads of clubs have suffered. If anything, it should have been a formal complaint to the FAI/Pats in private and not in public where it will obviously just cause nonsensical debate, but Cork don't want that, they want their fans to have this them against us thing...
Well, you would certainly recognise a stupid argument when you see one.

Now if you look me and wws have been here since June 2001 so we're not just here looking for Dolan arguments. However you keep bringing it up and we keep answering you. Its called debate....
Yawn,
You're here longer than somebody else, your flag is bigger, blah blah blah blah:rolleyes:
This is a CORK CITY forum. This point continuously escapes you.
The people here talk about things which affect City.
They are not doing this on the Pats forum.
We talk about Rovers, Derry, Waterford, Longford.....does that mean we must get somebody from each club to contiously tell us how wrong we are?
BTW,
What you do is "called Debate"????. :o
Your level of debate consists of telling us we don't know the real facts like you, because you are such a well in, all knowing sort of guy and that your flags are bigger and more plentiful than ours and that your fans only take games against Rovers as being serious games.
Grow up for f*cks sake.... :rolleyes:

Dricky
10/07/2003, 1:54 PM
Is there a Cork fan who doesn't think that Cork is the best?

Jesus lads, I didn't say fans, I didn't say team, I said club....

Yeah there are they are Cobh fans!!!

Pat is old enough to look after himself.

People want to give him a help in his 'battles' get people to get off their arses in Dublin (There are more culchies in Dublin then Dubs remember) and go to a match in Longford Dublin Waterford up to the Drogs even. instead of going on and on and on and on and on and on.
Use that stage to support him, so what if someone comes out with a funny banner, don't we have humour in Cork any more.

As for Pat v Pats, papers want sound bites they give them, most people won't read about el because they don't know the names therefore Journalist would prefer a dust up rather than write about the footie on these shores.

James
10/07/2003, 1:55 PM
Originally posted by oddboy
Grow up for f*cks sake.... :rolleyes:

pot kettle black their oddboy,

lads duno bout the rest of ye but i enjoy the contribution made by dodge-the junkie, and his cellmate in portlaoise dubya dubya essss

its pretty boring here most of the time with 'the clique' constantly agreeing with each other and patting each other on the back about the flags. get over it move on and spend more time in the fresh air :P
any other fan of any other club that feels the urge to post in someone else's forum on any board i feel is a welcome addition (unless its conor's buddy Oscar from the Ultras board :))

patsh
10/07/2003, 2:07 PM
Originally posted by James
pot kettle black their oddboy,
Sorry, James, I forgot that I'm in the presence of such a mature, considered personage as yourself.......:rolleyes:

tiktok
10/07/2003, 6:46 PM
sorry boys, but i'm happy to see dodge, wws and other non city fans posting here too, it does bring a different viewpoint.

i think this latest fiasco is further proof of the deterioration in relations between city and Pat's that has arisen since dolan moved, clearly the managers do not like each other, this board is proof that we spend a lot of time as fans winding each other up, Has it now spread to our respective chairmen.

if dodge is correct (and the argument about season ticket holders and free entry kids not contributing to the gate on the night is feasible) why wasn't this explained when the receipts were handed over, surely a quick chat between the chairmen would have sorted this out. another example of politics we don't need in the game.

Dr.Nightdub
11/07/2003, 12:55 AM
Lads, youse have no understanding of the bitterness that we went through last year and the fact of Dolan being gone is a joyful relief to us. It's just your hard luck he went to youse. If it had've been Shels, say, we'd be ripping the **** out of on their forum.

The fact that he is so easy to wind up makes it all the more fun. Hence the banner the other night. There was one message in it for him, and a different message in it for Eamonn Collins and Martin Russell. I think both sides got the point. Last year was desperation time for us, hence we were straight up about it and had the "Dolan Out" banners. This year, we can afford to be a bit more subtle.

As regards who has the chip on their shoulder, why was Dolan trying to kick in the door of the Pats dressing room after the League match up in Dublin? Why did he storm into 125 Emmet Road (the Pats office) demanding to see a certain individual who now works for Pats?

The Sheliban
11/07/2003, 8:26 AM
Dolan working for Ollie at Shels!!

That's set me up for the day now!:p

Dricky
11/07/2003, 9:16 AM
Originally posted by Dr.Nightdub
Lads, youse have no understanding of the bitterness that we went through last year and the fact of Dolan being gone is a joyful relief to us. It's just your hard luck he went to youse. If it had've been Shels, say, we'd be ripping the **** out of on their forum.

The fact that he is so easy to wind up makes it all the more fun. Hence the banner the other night. There was one message in it for him, and a different message in it for Eamonn Collins and Martin Russell. I think both sides got the point. Last year was desperation time for us, hence we were straight up about it and had the "Dolan Out" banners. This year, we can afford to be a bit more subtle.

As regards who has the chip on their shoulder, why was Dolan trying to kick in the door of the Pats dressing room after the League match up in Dublin? Why did he storm into 125 Emmet Road (the Pats office) demanding to see a certain individual who now works for Pats?

No I'm not saying I think Pat D is god, I don't have a chip on my shoulder I just don't believe a word that comes out of the Pats office.

Why?

Well because Pat’s offices are most disorganised place on the planet. Season ticket holders have been up in arms before. Why I don't believe what I hear from Pat's is, about 2 years ago we bought a friend of ours over here the Pat's new keepers jersey for him as he is a mad Pat's and El fan (very few of us over here) it took him over a year to get!!!! Most of us stopped chasing it, He didn't, so instead of sending him out the top we ordered, They then sent him and old one that 'apparently' was one of the keepers (even though they had changed strip). He had to ring them week in week out just to get a top that had probably shipped 10.

I've dealt with your office trying to get a St Pat’s fan a good gift and I would have ended up kicking the door down. That is enough for me, they would antagonise the Pope there. I put it down to been told lies because I was told lies, the story was growing arms and legs all we were waiting for was them to tell us it was walking over.

That personal experience you don't have to believe it, if you don't want. I am telling you why I feel I wouldn't trust Pats office which is a pity because your players fufill their side of the bargain and are a credit to the team and the fans, but tell me to believe the 'news' coming from Pats and I can't, I would need to see the proof not take their word.

I do think there is a naivety about a lot of the Pats fans they do think the world of their club but also believe what is said, in good faith (my belief I'm not asking anyone to sign up to this).
The office is full of antagonists, through their ignorance of office management which in my experience leads to half truths being spoken, 125 Emmet road is no different. Cork City had that as well in the Bishopsgate saga.

Just why I find it hard to believe 'information' from Pats and the knock on of that is if it is only Pats fans that know all this then there is probably one source that source I don't trust.

Well ye did all have yor say.

patsh
11/07/2003, 9:36 AM
Originally posted by tiktok
sorry boys, but i'm happy to see dodge, wws and other non city fans posting here too, it does bring a different viewpoint.

So am I, I am happy for all clubs fans to post in this forum,however, when we talk about City matters, we don't need certain fans from other clubs telling us how wrong we, how ignorant and what idiots we are.
Any City fans in another club forum doing the same would hardly expect a warm response.

The Sheliban
11/07/2003, 9:40 AM
So what you're saying is that you don't mind us posting on the Cork forum, providing we agree with you???

patsh
11/07/2003, 9:52 AM
Originally posted by The Sheliban
So what you're saying is that you don't mind us posting on the Cork forum, providing we agree with you???
No, thats not what I'm saying.
I said that anybody who posts such anti-Cork posts as for instance, Dodge, can hardly expect a warm response.
If I went to a Shels message board, with a signature saying I hate Shels and contributed nothing but a "my dick is bigger than yours" "debate", I would be bawled out of it by $hels fans.
If I went on to the Shels board and contributed sensible but differing points, Shels fans would post back and answer in kind, I presume?

The Sheliban
11/07/2003, 9:57 AM
Not on our board, mate.:)

Virtually every thread deteriorates into name-calling.

Ya ******.

Dodge
11/07/2003, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Dricky
No I'm not saying I think Pat D is god, I don't have a chip on my shoulder I just don't believe a word that comes out of the Pats office.

Why?

Well because Pat’s offices are most disorganised place on the planet. Season ticket holders have been up in arms before. Why I don't believe what I hear from Pat's is, about 2 years ago we bought a friend of ours over here the Pat's new keepers jersey for him as he is a mad Pat's and El fan (very few of us over here) it took him over a year to get!!!! Most of us stopped chasing it, He didn't, so instead of sending him out the top we ordered, They then sent him and old one that 'apparently' was one of the keepers (even though they had changed strip). He had to ring them week in week out just to get a top that had probably shipped 10.

I've dealt with your office trying to get a St Pat’s fan a good gift and I would have ended up kicking the door down. That is enough for me, they would antagonise the Pope there. I put it down to been told lies because I was told lies, the story was growing arms and legs all we were waiting for was them to tell us it was walking over.

That personal experience you don't have to believe it, if you don't want. I am telling you why I feel I wouldn't trust Pats office which is a pity because your players fufill their side of the bargain and are a credit to the team and the fans, but tell me to believe the 'news' coming from Pats and I can't, I would need to see the proof not take their word.

I do think there is a naivety about a lot of the Pats fans they do think the world of their club but also believe what is said, in good faith (my belief I'm not asking anyone to sign up to this).
The office is full of antagonists, through their ignorance of office management which in my experience leads to half truths being spoken, 125 Emmet road is no different. Cork City had that as well in the Bishopsgate saga.

Just why I find it hard to believe 'information' from Pats and the knock on of that is if it is only Pats fans that know all this then there is probably one source that source I don't trust.

Well ye did all have yor say.
Do I have to tell you who was in charge of our commercial office?

But if you had looked at posts on the Pats MB over the past 3/4 years you'll know that we agreed wholeheartedly with you and its not an exaggeration to say that since Celtic in 1998, commercial activities had deterioted, fans/club relationship were at an all time low and generally speaking the club was in a mess. THATS THE WHOLE POINT OF DOLAN GOING! It wasn't just a manager going, it was a man who had a strangle hold on the club and NOTHING was being done right.

Since he's left, we've rehired a couple of people who left directly because of Pat Dolan, the new chairman and the board have woked tirelessly to create a new profile for the club and regain all the goodwill (which Pats historicall have received) that hade been eroded due to Dolan's pig headedness and downright foolishness. The fans, relieved and having got rid of Dolan wanted to prove that we are totally behind St patrick's Athletic FC and contrary to Dolan's claims only want the very best for OUR club (Dolan had always claimed that the fans who wante dhim out were out to destroy the club) so this season we may seem a little OTT in our exuberance for the club but we really, really want the club to succeed and prove that we don't need Dolan (as he had claimed)

The club have started regular fan forums to keep fans up to date on whats happening at the club and Pats fans really appreciate this as during the Dolan era we were told nothing. So if some Cork bloke thinks the fanzine (or my posts) are a little too Pro Pats, foirgive me but I've been depressed with my club for the past 3 years and now I'm over the ****ing moon

Colm
11/07/2003, 10:56 AM
The club have started regular fan forums to keep fans up to date on whats happening at the club and Pats fans really appreciate this as during the Dolan era we were told nothing.

That's strange as since Dolan took over, he has already met with fans numerous times. Before the Dolan era we were told nothing!:)

Dodge
11/07/2003, 11:08 AM
Good and I hope he keeps it up but is he only manager down there? I'd be more interested in talking to the likes on Lennox if he was only manager. if he's not and he has a role in the day to day running of the club, well then fair play to him (Maybe he's learned from his mistakes at Pats?)

Casegrande
11/07/2003, 11:16 AM
(Maybe he's learned from his mistakes at Pats?)
Maybe Pats is a club thats so full of d!ckheads like you, wws, Enda Collins, that O'Callaghan chairman cnut, etc...... that Pat Dolan didn't want to be in the same room as ye. Coz I wouldn't.
Ye come across as the pettiest little ****bags I have ever heard.

Dolan is now at a big club where he can express himself and his passion and desire to make the eL big can be properly put into effect.

Cork City FC have a hardcore crowd of 4,000 NOW.
next year it WILL be 6,000.
when we're winning the league the year after it will be an 8,000 sellout each game.
With crowds like that It's only a matter of time before we are champions every season and psuhing for champions league.

simple.

Dodge
11/07/2003, 11:20 AM
I think someone just proved the idiot tag anyway. One of the better thread this week ruined by exactly the thing I posted about earlier

And I just as I was about to change the signature

Colm
11/07/2003, 11:21 AM
Good and I hope he keeps it up but is he only manager down there? I'd be more interested in talking to the likes on Lennox if he was only manager. if he's not and he has a role in the day to day running of the club, well then fair play to him (Maybe he's learned from his mistakes at Pats?)

Offically he is only manager, but in reality he is a lot more. It appears that he has quite a bit to do with every apect of the club.
btw, Lennox has met with fans numerous times aswell.

Éanna
11/07/2003, 1:02 PM
Just on that point dodge. Lennox and DOlan attended a metting of the supporters club together. Dolan did most of the talking admittedly, but Lennox has been to meetings before on his own, so noe problems there. Linda Lewis our commercial manager also attended a meeting to talk to us. So whatever your experience of the guy, it looks like ours is better so far.

One other thing, that signature isn't really helping matters!

Dodge
11/07/2003, 1:26 PM
Yeah good to hear lennox is attending and hopefully he'll keep reigns on Dolan and you'll all be happy. (And I do honestly hope that) Its always good to hear all clubs getting on with the fans and keeping them informed. it seems some f them are finally reliasing hw important fans are to clubs

patsh
11/07/2003, 1:40 PM
Signature:
Idiots:Casagrande, oddboy, ian, Counting Crow, patsh, yiddo, Colm, GWA, francie, Neil...
Not Idiots: Dricky, eoinh, Eanna, the Donie Forde
Undecided: the other Cork Fans

This shows exactly the kind of diarrhoea ridden assh*le you are, Mr Big Flag....:rolleyes:

wws
11/07/2003, 1:45 PM
well you cant accuse him of genarlising, I like it. Sort of sets his stall out so everyone know where its at man. We should all do it. Well the rest of you anyway, our clique will probably come up with something clever-er.

Dodge
11/07/2003, 1:58 PM
Originally posted by oddboy

This shows exactly the kind of diarrhoea ridden assh*le you are, Mr Big Flag....:rolleyes:
thanks for proving at least on of those right anyway

NorthoftheLee
11/07/2003, 2:10 PM
I'm not labelled. Oh no, what to do??

Dodge please read through all my posts and then judge me. I'd like to know if I'm an idiot or not?;)

oh please!! i feel so lonely.....:confused:

Éanna
11/07/2003, 2:17 PM
Yeah good to hear lennox is attending and hopefully he'll keep reigns on Dolan and you'll all be happy
I think Pats made a lot of their own trouble there to be honest. AFAIK, Dolan has been given his set role at city and other people have theirs, obviously there will be some kind of crossover but not major conflicts of interest. I think Pats' problem was that they fell head over heels for the guy and ALL his talk and saw him as a messiah and gave him licence to do just about anything in their name. that was obviously going to sour at some stage and this is the fall out.

Dodge
11/07/2003, 2:23 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
Am I an "idiot" that lost my place on that list because I don't riddle my posts with "jackeen scum" references?

Conor you're not an idiot. You're wind up merchant but at least you listen to others and pick holes in their arguements rather than just lashing out at them. I don't think you've ever annoyed me. I might disagree with you (and have done) but your arguements are usually worth reading...

And it wasn't Pats that fell over Dolan's charm, it was the chairman and he held all power...

James
11/07/2003, 2:38 PM
Idiots:Casagrande, oddboy, ian, Counting Crow, patsh, yiddo, Colm, GWA, francie, Neil...

see oddboy, looks like you are in a gang there with some nice ppl
your own clique :)

me and north of the lee are in the cool Undecided section, on the fence :)

NorthoftheLee
11/07/2003, 2:49 PM
That would need to be some fence to keep me on top of it.:D :D

Schumi
11/07/2003, 3:34 PM
I wholeheartedly endorse the signature although some of the interent idiots seem to be reasonable in real life.

patsh
11/07/2003, 5:35 PM
An IDIOT is somebody who doesn't listen to arguments, ignores facts, generally speaks rubbish and usually resorts to slagging the poster rather than answering the post
At last, a personal signature that tells the truth about the poster.

tiktok
11/07/2003, 6:07 PM
i've said this before but i might as well throw it back again. when dolan was first rumoured to be on his way to us dodge posted a bit here to let us know the st.pat's fans opinion of him and i looked at their message board too. the opinion i formed then is still intact.

Pat's let him away with murder, they handed him complete control of the club. eventually, when they had a downturn in success he was the only man to blame because he had made himself responsible for everything. much of the blame, by the way, was completely deserved. i for one was laughing at dolan at the time over the registration affair and the farcical aftermath.

I don't forsee city ever having this problem because i think we have a far more savvy chairman. i don't see lennox giving dolan the carte blanche he was given at Pat's and because of this and the clear responsibilities handed to pretty strong (can insert bull headed here for one of them) personalities like linda lewis, lennox himself and liam murphy i think he'll remain within his defined position too.

i'm not even going to get involved in the other who likes who rubbish. i'm well sick of it.