PDA

View Full Version : pat dolans rants

thecorner
09/07/2003, 2:47 PM
ill start by saying this isnt a dolan out campaign but is anybody starting to get p*ssed off with his complaining week in-week out
every week its something new

this week its the penalties been taken in the pats end of thge ground. WE MISSED 3 PENALTIES,PAT, I THINK THATS MORE CAUSE FOR CONCERN
if the game was in the cross i think pat would have wanted them taken in the shed end

the fai r taken no notice of his rants so just forget about it and lets do ram it up there holes on the pitch

every stumbling block they put in our way,dont complain bout it
lets just win the games concerned then and that will be our way of saying F*CK YE

dalo
09/07/2003, 3:10 PM
I was thinking the same a while back. pretty painful alright to be listening/reading him at times. can't say he is doing so hot either on the football either

Peadar
09/07/2003, 3:22 PM
Originally posted by thecorner
WE MISSED 3 PENALTIES,PAT, I THINK THATS MORE CAUSE FOR CONCERN

Two penalties were very poor but their keeper did very well for the third save.
I thought there should a toss of a coin to decide which end the pens were taken into?

The Donie Forde
09/07/2003, 3:32 PM
Originally posted by Peadar
Two penalties were very poor but their keeper did very well for the third save.
I thought there should a toss of a coin to decide which end the pens were taken into?

Dunno...I think that's the ref's call AFAIK, Peadar. Could be wrong there though...

Donie

pete
09/07/2003, 3:42 PM
Originally posted by Peadar

Thought that myself but didn't pay enough attention to see if was a trick coin.

;)

Sure the week wouldn't be complete without a Dolan rant. Giving him a page in the Star each week hardly helps matters.

Macy
09/07/2003, 3:56 PM
If I'm allowed to comment on here anymore....

I'd just point out that it was probably easier to control the crowd at the shed end (the Guards and the stewards certainly had the area directly behind the goal roped off)...

At the other end, the Pats crowd could of all piled around pretty easy, and given that the little scumbags in Inchicore have been known to launch missiles from the top of the hill into the away fans I think it was the obvious choice safety wise...

On another point, I thought the general rule was to take the peno's from the end nearest the tunnel if applicable (which obviously its not in this case as the tunnel is on half way)

tiktok
09/07/2003, 4:15 PM
Taking penalties into the Pat's end in richmond isn't anything to be complaining about, the observation that we'd want them taken into the shed is spot on.

While still a fan of the man, there is a lot of smoke and mirrors in the days after a loss. Surely if there is a talking point after the Pat's game it's that we failed to score three times from the spot.

Trax
09/07/2003, 4:28 PM
I would have thought the talking point would be that we didnt score AT ALL after 120 mins against what was apparently pats 2nd string(I wasnt there so correct me if I'm being harsh)

fella
09/07/2003, 4:29 PM
Was under the impression that a toss of a coin decided the end that penos were to be taken althought have to admit I didn't see such on Monday and the stewards seemed to go straight down to that end and check the nets etc after the full time whistle.
On the actual penos themselves missing 3/4 doesn't tell the full story as to be fair both Woods & Behan struck their kicks well and into the corner the keeper just did very well. Connor's however wass a poor penalty. Ironically probably the worse of the 4 (Johnno's - poorly struck & very close to the keeper) was the only one that went in!!

wws
09/07/2003, 4:39 PM
http://www.foot.ie/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8595

Colm
09/07/2003, 5:10 PM
Originally posted by Conor74
It might be repetitive but I'd much prefer to see Pat fighting our corner and giving two fingers to the FAI, security at Richmond, the ref, Eamon Collins and everyone else then going out without a whimper. He brings passion and he dogs controversy, but he's our guy now and I'll back him all the way.

There's no such thing as bad publicity...

Spot on Conor, last year we were all moaning about Gunther not saying anything, not giving interviews to the media, not speaking with fans etc.
Dolan has done all of the above numerous times and he has only been here 6 months.
There's just no pleasing some people!

SSS
09/07/2003, 5:24 PM
If nothing else, Dolan is creating the us against them mindset both for the squad and the city. I reckon half of it is just a PR ploy, the other half his absolute obsession with the game

Colm
09/07/2003, 5:33 PM
Originally posted by SSS
Dolan is creating the us against them mindset both for the squad and the city.

Yeah that's exactly what he's doing and I think it will work to our advantage. If you think everyone's against you you'll try even harder to beat them and that can only be a good thing for CCFC.

patsh
09/07/2003, 5:55 PM
Dolan is a walking publicity machine.
For a club, it cannot be denied that thats great.
As regards the LC semi-final, it has to admitted that it is a bad result for us that we could not score in 120 plus minutes of football. Thats is ultimately where Dolan will be judged, performances on the field.
All the publicity and hype in the world will not keep Pat in the job if the results do not come.
Let him at it, sure it all gives us something to argue over!

Éanna
09/07/2003, 6:57 PM
Originally posted by SSS
If nothing else, Dolan is creating the us against them mindset both for the squad and the city. I reckon half of it is just a PR ploy, the other half his absolute obsession with the game
Exactly. He's keeping us in the papers which is good for the club, and is simply coming out with the kind of stuff that most people here say on a regular basis. I think some people are reading too much into it- you have to take the guy with a pinch of salt.

yiddo
09/07/2003, 9:22 PM
Anyone see Dolan on Chorus Sports tonight ? He was being interviewed on the pitch after the Longford game and was raving on about the league, shels, the fai etc. It was very like Keegans "I would love it " rant on Sky a few years back. If you tuned in and didn't know who he was or what he was talking about you'd still be glued to the screen. However as Eanna says "you have to take the guy with a pinch of salt".:D

James
10/07/2003, 8:39 AM
got that dolan interview on video if anyone want a look at it
just flicking channels and by chance came across the match highlights v longford

Dolan's interview had me laughing anyways..totally OTT, the man almost cursing at the camera.. :D

liamon
10/07/2003, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by yiddo
Anyone see Dolan on Chorus Sports tonight ? He was being interviewed on the pitch after the Longford game and was raving on about the league, shels, the fai etc. It was very like Keegans "I would love it " rant on Sky a few years backD

I posted something very similar elsewhere earlier.
Keegans "I would love it" speech was the first thing I thought of when watching the tv last night.

It was priceless tv. Pat didn't even seem capable of even finishing half his sentences. Very strange.

Dellboy
11/07/2003, 10:32 PM
For all Dolan's ranting and raving this time last year he was up in Dublin loving the advantage the Dub clubs have over us.:confused:

Éanna
11/07/2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Dellboy
For all Dolan's ranting and raving this time last year he was up in Dublin loving the advantage the Dub clubs have over us.:confused:
Thats just the kind of guy he is- whatever he's doing he gives 100%. He gave 100% to pats, now he's giving 100% to us.